I thought I would look up mixed race marriage data in the US and the number is low but compared to other countries pretty good. About 15% of marriages are mixed race. Most approve of it but 20% do not and you would have to think they might be the hardcore racists. Up to them though and if they don't approve then that is their choice, but I consider that racist. I wouldn't criminalize Dennis for thinking that way, but would just laugh at him instead as it is small minded.

Interestingly the piece had the divorce rates among ethnic groups and Dennis won't be surprised at who is least able to sustain a marriage. Any mixed relationship with a black man or woman is also most likely to fail compared to other groupings.

White plus white is somewhat in the middle and the most successful marriages are by a long margin Asian plus Asian. My own combination is second behind them with generally very good outcomes.

I don't really have any analysis as to why those outcomes are as they are as I haven't even thought about it, but the raw data is what it is and quite interesting.

We learn something new everyday.