Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Dubois v Joyce - 28/20/20 - London

Man v Boy stuff.
    Joyce took centre ring from the off and Dubois got exposed then quit.
    Joyce is ugly to watch but there's a reason nobody calls him out.
    Fury toys with all of em but Joshua will avoid Joyce like Covid.
    In the 90s you'd have to knock the fuck out of Tyson/Holyfield/Lewis to beat them.
    If you take a 10 count knee and quit because your eyes fucked then your not winning a World Title.
    Dubois ain't got the asshole for it.
    FACT 😉

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joyce has a strong chin and is busy, Dubois was exposed as a front foot bully.
    Frampton summed it up when questioning Dubois heart.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yep no heart. Can’t see him coming back from that and being talked about as a contender. A lot of mental damage done there as couldn’t handle it when things not going his way.

Not really sure who Joyce goes for next either. Usyk would easily UD him you’d think.
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Daniel Dubois suffers ‘broken eye socket and nerve damage’ in Joe Joyce loss

Boxer Daniel Dubois suffered a broken eye socket and nerve damage in Saturday night's loss to veteran Joe Joyce, according to reports.

With Dubois's British title, Joyce's Commonwealth crown and the vacant European belt at stake, the younger Dubois was forced to take a knee early in the 10th and failed to answer the referee's count.

Dubois was unable to see out of his left eye by the end of the fight after it was repeatedly targeted, but vowed to return stronger from the loss.

"What can I say, he caught me with a good jab," Dubois told BT Sport. "I couldn’t see out of the eye. I can’t explain.

"I was trying my best and this happened. I’m a tough guy, I’ll come again for sure."

Joyce added: "I started looking at that eye, it was starting to swell and I was moving away from his right hand and trying to stay off the ropes."

The Athletic report that Dubois was taken to Moorfields Eye Hospital after the fight where the extent of the injury was confirmed.

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/dan...105511385.html
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    Yep no heart. Can’t see him coming back from that and being talked about as a contender. A lot of mental damage done there as couldn’t handle it when things not going his way.

Not really sure who Joyce goes for next either. Usyk would easily UD him you’d think.

Whytes bang on here

Dillian Whyte slams 'coward' Daniel Dubois and Carl Frampton brands him a QUITTER after the young heavyweight took a knee in his shock loss against Joe Joyce before being taken to hospital with gruesome swelling around his eye

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/bo...Joe-Joyce.html

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Whatever.

The injury is irrelevant.

This is as far as either go.

Dubios would lose to Mike Tyson/RJJ now, based on yesterday.

Joyce had the jab and it worked against a slow, plodding, tired Dubios.

Both looked slow and sluggish and would struggle moving up to the world level.

The fight disappointed me because of how bad they looked and how it was sold to us.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I fucking love Joe Joyce. Yes he's slow, weird style, but he's hard as nails, relentless and he gets the job done. He's probably been told he's not good enough every step of the way by the 'experts' yet here he is. Olympic Silver, European Gold, World Bronze, Commonwealth Gold. British, Commonwealth and European champion. Not bad for six years work. I wish I was as bad at something as Joe Joyce is at boxing.

Everyone talks about how heavy handed Joyce is and about how deceiving what you see on screen is. Daniel Dubois is the latest to find that out. There didn't look like there was much on Joyce's punches but the damage racked up pretty quickly. I must have read a hundred times how Joyce isn't good enough for 'The Elite'. If by that you mean AJ and Fury I'd agree, I think both beat him. If you mean some mythical top ten that's littered with AJ and Fury caliber fighters then we're looking at a different picture. Stick Joyce in with Pulev in a fortnight and I pick Joyce. Stick him in with Whyte, I pick Joyce. Joyce is in amongst them right now.

Dubois ran into one of boxings great clichés. What happens when they don't go over? He ran into it once before in Kevin Johnson, but Johnson didn't hit back. He should have been better prepared mentally and physically.

Dubois might come again. He might just be broken. He might be missing one of the vital ingredients a boxer needs. A right big set of bollocks. Joyce carries his around in a wheelbarrow and he really ought to get more credit.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There was something about Joyce bone density being much higher than average human being.

If true, then that may play into punch resistance and jab?

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by sanatogen View Post
    There was something about Joyce bone density being much higher than average human being.

If true, then that may play into punch resistance and jab?
    Joyce seems the type that you could never hurt, knockdown or out like Oliver McCall.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    I fucking love Joe Joyce. Yes he's slow, weird style, but he's hard as nails, relentless and he gets the job done. He's probably been told he's not good enough every step of the way by the 'experts' yet here he is. Olympic Silver, European Gold, World Bronze, Commonwealth Gold. British, Commonwealth and European champion. Not bad for six years work. I wish I was as bad at something as Joe Joyce is at boxing.

Everyone talks about how heavy handed Joyce is and about how deceiving what you see on screen is. Daniel Dubois is the latest to find that out. There didn't look like there was much on Joyce's punches but the damage racked up pretty quickly. I must have read a hundred times how Joyce isn't good enough for 'The Elite'. If by that you mean AJ and Fury I'd agree, I think both beat him. If you mean some mythical top ten that's littered with AJ and Fury caliber fighters then we're looking at a different picture. Stick Joyce in with Pulev in a fortnight and I pick Joyce. Stick him in with Whyte, I pick Joyce. Joyce is in amongst them right now.

Dubois ran into one of boxings great clichés. What happens when they don't go over? He ran into it once before in Kevin Johnson, but Johnson didn't hit back. He should have been better prepared mentally and physically.

Dubois might come again. He might just be broken. He might be missing one of the vital ingredients a boxer needs. A right big set of bollocks. Joyce carries his around in a wheelbarrow and he really ought to get more credit.
    I think you are going a bit overboard with a win over Dubois. We saw what happens to Dubois when his opponent doesn’t go down, but now ask yourself, what happens when Joyce fights someone who doesn’t let his opponent hit him over and over with a slow jab?

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Has everyone Joyce has fought simply allowed him to poke slow heavy jabs in their faces? Like I said he deserves more credit. Literally everyone that works with Joyce concedes in the most diplomatic way that he's slow, I wouldn't argue otherwise. But he still manages to get the punches off and still manages to land enough of them to drown people.

Beating Dubois wasn't exactly the rubber stamp on Joyce's credentials. It was though yet another example of him delivering the goods after being rubbished as shit. He's a far better operator than people give him credit for. The data speaks for itself. I stand by him beating Pulev and Whyte.

The same Muppets giving Joyce no chance with Dubois are now giving him no chance with Usyk. The same Muppets a few weeks back no doubt claiming Del Boy would have got the job done with a better engine and a jab.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Thread Information