Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The best boxing match to be made in 2020

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    I’m glad that Crawford is being active in calling out Spence now. This is what I said he had to start doing or else I was going to stop giving him the benefit of the doubt. I think he understands that he is on the wrong side of the street and has to start making some real noise.
    My issues are the timing and understanding of what the potential opponent has going on. Spence is very clear, he wants Pacquiao first. Which, anyone would, hell, Crawford himself would too. But, more importantly, Spence is coming off a terrible car accident, now is not the time to look at him. Fight Porter or Garcia, both have said they want Crawford, let Spence get sorted out, then fight Spence. Take away the car accident and I would say Crawford was right in how he talks, but the accident is no small thing, it changes things.

Part of me really questions Crawford now, because of the timing he’s going so hard verbally. When the fight might happen he was quiet but when we all know it won’t he gets loud. It doesn’t look right.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Terence Crawford and Errol Spence ‘agree’ to future fight after phone call ends social media war

Terence Crawford has claimed that he and Errol Spence both agreed to fight in future after seemingly sharing a phone call on Monday.

The welterweight champions exchanged barbs on social media for 24 hours before Spence dismissed Crawford’s rant and concluded: “Fight not going [to] get made on here.”

As a result, the WBO welterweight king replied: “You right, I’mma call you right now, pick your phone up.”

Half an hour later, it seems after a phone conversation, Crawford added: “Errol Spence is a cool dude on some real s***. We both agree the fight will happen.”

The real question this leaves is: When?

Neither Spence, nor Crawford currently have fights lined up, but the chances of them unifying their titles next are miniscule.

Following his win over Shawn Porter, the WBC & IBF champion was in a high-speed car crash in October.

Spence was fortunate to survive the incident and has subsequently confirmed he will be able to resume his career.

This has significantly delayed his return plans though as a planned January 25 bout against Danny Garcia has been scrapped with the ‘Truth’ now expected to fight in May/June.

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/6...-spence-agree/
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That’s refreshing to hear. Twitter wars are a dime a dozen and Crawford does a lot of jawing on that one but good to hear two dudes can still pick up a phone and semi sort shat out. Really going to boil down to where Spence is at in initial return fight though and Crawford may have it in mind to get it when the getting is good. They need each other.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    That’s refreshing to hear. Twitter wars are a dime a dozen and Crawford does a lot of jawing on that one but good to hear two dudes can still pick up a phone and semi sort shat out. Really going to boil down to where Spence is at in initial return fight though and Crawford may have it in mind to get it when the getting is good. They need each other.
    This is one of the times I think a tune up would be good first. Spence needs a fight before Crawford to make sure that he is back. If I were Crawford, I would want Spence to take a fight first also to prove that he is back. If they fight each other next and Crawford wins, there will just be excuses that Spence was damaged goods. Problem is, who would Crawford fight in the meantime? I wish him and Porter could get it done.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mairis Briedis will battle Yuniel Dorticos in World Boxing Super Series final in Latvia on March 21

"Come fight night, you will know why I'm called the 'KO Doctor'," Dorticos tells Briedis

Mairis Briedis will battle Yuniel Dorticos in the World Boxing Super Series final in Latvia on March 21.

Latvia's Briedis receives home advantage as he takes on Cuban Dorticos, the IBF belt holder, with the Muhammad Ali Trophy also at stake for the winner of the cruiserweight competition at the Arena Riga.

Briedis defeated Noel Mikaelian on points in the quarter-finals before controversially stopping Krzysztof Glowacki in the semis, while Dorticos earned a decision win over Mateusz Masternak and halted Andrew Tabiti to book his place in the final.

"I'm really looking forward to the final," said Briedis. "It is fantastic for Latvia to be able to host an event of such magnitude. Millions and millions of eyes worldwide will be watching what's happening at the Arena Riga on fight night.

"It is going to be a thrilling fight as I'm facing one of the very best cruiserweights on the planet. The stakes are so high and both of us are only looking for one thing - to win it all!"

"Briedis, you better prepare yourself for war," said Dorticos. "Let's give all the fans around the world a spectacular all-time classic. Come fight night, you will know why I'm called the 'KO Doctor'.

"The Muhammad Ali Trophy has my name engraved already."

https://www.skysports.com/boxing/new...ia-on-march-21
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information