Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Starting 2020 off with a bang

I totally feel for the poor folks in Australia. To be going through what they're going through currently has to be incredibly difficult.

Mother Nature is sort of kicking us around also at the present time.... though not in it's usual form of major hurricanes. Nope. We've decided to diversify into earthquakes now. Been shaking pretty good around here for about a week now... and just this morning at about 4:30 am was rudely awakened by a 6.5 quake. Yesterday we had a smaller one which nonetheless destroyed some houses on the south part of the island and I believe there was one casualty. We're used to little tremors every now and then. But this is new to us.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Starting 2020 off with a bang

The world has tilted a bit.

Our winter was mild this year. Even animals that hibernate have not done so, flowers are still blooming.

Nature is confused by what we have done to the planet.

I can not imagine what you have had to put up with over the last few years. Earthquakes are a new one.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

El Kabong Guest

Started a thread just because you got laid

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Nature is confused by what we have done to the planet.
    Yes, sinners repent! The end is neigh time to turn so you don't burn, hallelujah brother Master ....can I get an Amen?

The Lawd said ya got ta put a dollar in the box!

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Never seen you this happy, even when Liverpool won the Champions League. Trump should assassinate Iranian dictators more often.

El Kabong Guest

Never seen you this happy, even when Liverpool won the Champions League. Trump should assassinate Iranian dictators more often.
    Happy? I'm just joking around with you two. I'm glad TitoFan is ok obviously Puerto Rico is just about to become the California of the Caribbean all they need are some wildfires and that would seal the deal.

The whole "Mother Nature can't handle what we've done to the planet MAAAAAAAAAAN" take from you I see as a bit hyperbolic. The Climate changes on it's own A#1 and #2 humans are impacting things by releasing carbon dioxide (the words of the scientists not mine) ....don't plants breathe that in? Ain't that a natural occurring thing from humans exhaling? Ain't that a natural occurring thing from volcanoes and other natural shit like that? So we need the Government to limit the amount of CO2 released.....gee I wonder what the result of that would be on a mass scale?

El Kabong Guest

But celebrities told me it was "Climate Change"

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No, it was the Muslims?

El Kabong Guest

No, it was the Muslims?
    Well there have been a number of arrests for arson...those are but 2.

Police take legal action against more than 180 people so far during 2019/2020 bushfire season
    https://www.police.nsw.gov.au/news/n...ZhbGw9MQ%3D%3D
    Since Friday 8 November 2019, legal action – which ranges from cautions through to criminal charges – has been taken against 183 people – including 40 juveniles – for 205 bushfire-related offences.

Of note:

24 people have been charged over alleged deliberately-lit bushfires
    53 people have had legal actions for allegedly failing to comply with a total fire ban, and
    47 people have had legal actions for allegedly discarding a lighted cigarette or match on land.

And again, what is YOUR Climate Change theory? There's more lightning strikes because muh glerbul wermung? RIDICULOUS!

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    No, it was the Muslims?
    Well there have been a number of arrests for arson...those are but 2.

Police take legal action against more than 180 people so far during 2019/2020 bushfire season
    https://www.police.nsw.gov.au/news/n...ZhbGw9MQ%3D%3D
    Since Friday 8 November 2019, legal action – which ranges from cautions through to criminal charges – has been taken against 183 people – including 40 juveniles – for 205 bushfire-related offences.

Of note:

24 people have been charged over alleged deliberately-lit bushfires
    53 people have had legal actions for allegedly failing to comply with a total fire ban, and
    47 people have had legal actions for allegedly discarding a lighted cigarette or match on land.

And again, what is YOUR Climate Change theory? There's more lightning strikes because muh glerbul wermung? RIDICULOUS!
    Deny it all you want.

El Kabong Guest

Deny it all you want.
    I pose you 1 question.

How much CO2 is released into the atmosphere by man vs by nature?

I thank you in advance for your response

El Kabong Guest

Glacier National Park is replacing signs that predicted its glaciers would be gone by 2020
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/08/us/gl..._medium=social
    The signs at Glacier National Park warning that its signature glaciers would be gone by 2020 are being changed.

The signs in the Montana park were added more than a decade ago to reflect climate change forecasts at the time by the US Geological Survey, park spokeswoman Gina Kurzmen told CNN.
    In 2017, the park was told by the agency that the complete melting off of the glaciers was no longer expected to take place so quickly due to changes in the forecast model, Kurzmen said.

I thought that "the science was settled" bruh

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Activist: "Climate change!"

Denier: "Arson!"

Activist: "Climate change!!"

Denier: "Arson!!"

Australian: "Who gives a fuck!!! Can someone give me a hand with the water brigade over here??"

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

fires have been started on purpose. back burning hasn't been upkept. locals were stopped by officials from fighting the fires early on. strangely similar to the cali fires with buildings and cars devastated but trees still remaining. signs of dew's?
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Totally arson. Trees do not spontaneously combust all that often. Australia has a lot of irresponsible youngsters. Very few forest fires here because it is a perverse way to get your kicks. Littering is more common though and it gets right on my tits.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Everything else aside (please), the crisis in Australia is of epic proportions. You've got to feel for the many thousands of Australians who have been forced to flee for their lives, leaving everything behind and losing everything in the process. It's unimaginable the scale of these fires. Makes you wonder how long it's going to take for nature to get back to its original state. From previous experiences, I'd feel rather optimistic in that regard. After our major hurricanes down here, no matter to what extent the vegetation is roughed up, it usually comes back i pretty short order. Still..... it's depressing to see the daily news coming out of Australia. It's truly, truly sad.

Meanwhile, the earthquakes here have had a huge effect on us here in Puerto Rico. It's something we're not used to. Hurricanes, sure. Many people are still suffering the aftereffects of Maria from back in September 2017. Now to deal with this, which is something we're totally unprepared for, is devastating. Thank goodness me and my family have not been too severely affected, as most of us live in the NE corner of the island, and the quakes have all been centered right off the SW corner of the island. Still, to see buildings and houses crumble is heart-wrenching. People living outside either because their houses have been destroyed, or they're afraid to sleep inside for fear that their already damaged homes could come tumbling down in the middle of the night. My wife and I were rudely awakened by the 6.4 quake which was felt across the island. We live in a two-story home, totally sturdy by hurricane standards. But earthquakes take no prisoners. At 4 am my wife and I were ready to go running down the stairs had the quake been a little more severe. Now the power grid, which was less than optimal to begin with, has suffered damages again. There again we've been lucky. We were without power from 4 am to about 9 pm on the 7th..... but at least we got it back. Many thousands don't even have power, and some don't have water. Mother Nature can be a bitch when she gets pissed off.

Some years start off rather meekly... but 2020 has started off with a bang (hence the thread title). What with the politics (don't want to go into that)..... the hostilities threatening even more hostilities.... and the natural disasters happening around the globe (I know there has been significant seismic activity elsewhere as well)...... we certainly can't complain about being bored.

Here's hoping and praying things settle down in all aspects.

Thread Information