Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Impeachment

I don’t get it tits your a little to sensitive. You said trump was the most divisive president in history. I disagreed with that. There certainly is divisiveness regarding him but no I don’t think he was the or is the most divisive in history. If you want to say divisive I have no issue with that, if you want to say “most” I will differ and point out why I disagree. No cool aide here just talking

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And your drop it it’s coolaide response is typical white supremacist BS

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Well tits this quite differs from your first post on the subject. If you are calling Trump the most divisive president are you leaving aside the war presidents?

War presidents? Because half the nation doesn't want war and the other does? Well.... that's kind of unavoidable, isn't it.

We're not talking about differences in basic philosophies here. Even Presidents who have chosen to go to war have tried to unite the nation behind them.

We're talking about a POTUS who can barely hide his glee when people are going at each others' throats. The worse the carnage, the happier he is.
    Historically I don’t think he is the most divisive president. Shit look at Carter and he didn’t use any bad words. I see all the hate, I think it gets a little overboard. I really don’t see any of his policies or deregulation’s as bad. He says stupid stuff it doesn’t really bother me that much. I do have some serious concerns over a certain faction of the democrats. Funny we don’t hear much about it but when the tea party was first around damn they were torn up and targeted by the IRS etc. now we have a group of people holding office that call certain parts of our law enforcement bodies evil. I’m not big on law enforcement I think they have too much power and don’t always use it properly but I wouldn’t call ICE workers Nazis and want them abolished. Anyway things are what they are, I get annoyed with Trump sometimes but the squad and the radical arm of the Dems seriously scare me. They want to do some frightening shit. I’ll take bad words and stupid tweets over that anyday. Talk about divisive

How was Carter divisive?

Yeah..... I'm kinda waiting to hear the tall story on how Carter was divisive. TBH, I think people just make shit up as they go along. I've never had that talent.
    Ahhhh. You don’t think the nation was divided under carter? It wasn’t his bad words it was a little more than that. How about Nixon or Johnson or Lincoln or are we just talking about presidents who talk gruff and not policies. People were burning Carter effigies in the streets of America. People don’t like 18 percent interest rates and no gas in their car, Carter was very divisive in the country.
    I would love 18% interest rates. Idiots with too much debt need to quit complaining. They took over the world. Long live Jimmy Carter! Good man.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Well tits this quite differs from your first post on the subject. If you are calling Trump the most divisive president are you leaving aside the war presidents?

War presidents? Because half the nation doesn't want war and the other does? Well.... that's kind of unavoidable, isn't it.

We're not talking about differences in basic philosophies here. Even Presidents who have chosen to go to war have tried to unite the nation behind them.

We're talking about a POTUS who can barely hide his glee when people are going at each others' throats. The worse the carnage, the happier he is.
    Historically I don’t think he is the most divisive president. Shit look at Carter and he didn’t use any bad words. I see all the hate, I think it gets a little overboard. I really don’t see any of his policies or deregulation’s as bad. He says stupid stuff it doesn’t really bother me that much. I do have some serious concerns over a certain faction of the democrats. Funny we don’t hear much about it but when the tea party was first around damn they were torn up and targeted by the IRS etc. now we have a group of people holding office that call certain parts of our law enforcement bodies evil. I’m not big on law enforcement I think they have too much power and don’t always use it properly but I wouldn’t call ICE workers Nazis and want them abolished. Anyway things are what they are, I get annoyed with Trump sometimes but the squad and the radical arm of the Dems seriously scare me. They want to do some frightening shit. I’ll take bad words and stupid tweets over that anyday. Talk about divisive

How was Carter divisive?

Yeah..... I'm kinda waiting to hear the tall story on how Carter was divisive. TBH, I think people just make shit up as they go along. I've never had that talent.
    Ahhhh. You don’t think the nation was divided under carter? It wasn’t his bad words it was a little more than that. How about Nixon or Johnson or Lincoln or are we just talking about presidents who talk gruff and not policies. People were burning Carter effigies in the streets of America. People don’t like 18 percent interest rates and no gas in their car, Carter was very divisive in the country.
    I would love 18% interest rates. Idiots with too much debt need to quit complaining. They took over the world. Long live Jimmy Carter! Good man.
    You don’t want 18% if u are paying a mortgage my parent said they were paying 19% on their mortgage at one point

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How was Carter divisive?

You don’t want 18% if u are paying a mortgage my parent said they were paying 19% on their mortgage at one point
    Houses were cheap in those days. You could profit from the gold spike and then get yourself a great home without those bloody mortgage cons. Long live King Jimmy! Perfect President right there.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How was Carter divisive?

Houses were cheap in those days. You could profit from the gold spike and then get yourself a great home without those bloody mortgage cons. Long live King Jimmy! Perfect President right there.
    Not expensive to whom? While your paying 19% on your note you probably aren’t buying gold. Plus you had to wait half a day for ten dollars of gas. No time to sell your gold. Between interest rates and the price of gas you were pretty much fucked

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don’t get it tits your a little to sensitive. You said trump was the most divisive president in history. I disagreed with that. There certainly is divisiveness regarding him but no I don’t think he was the or is the most divisive in history. If you want to say divisive I have no issue with that, if you want to say “most” I will differ and point out why I disagree. No cool aide here just talking

You're right bro, we're just talking. We have a difference of opinion is all.

My point, which you obviously disagree with, is that the other POTUSes divisiveness doesn't really count, because it stems solely from people not agreeing on policy. You say white..... half the people are going to say black. (I probably should've said "black" first..... now I'm sure to get criticized by little D). If you look at it that way, then all the Presidents have been divisive, and that's not being sensitive on my part. It's merely an observation. By design, people are going to be divided. It's been that way since the beginning of time.

Howeverrrrr....... regardless of how unpopular a President and his decisions might be, we've always seen at least the attempt to be a decent human being and try to unite people..... even if it's a token effort. Again..... my opinion.

With Trump, he thrives on dividing people and sicking them on each other. It's how he appeals to his base.

When other Presidents have gotten criticized, they've tried to put on a conciliatory tone on what they say. With Trump's it's all about revenge and payback. It's why everyone around him is scared shitless of him. It's why that meme on how many Republicans it takes to change a light bulb is so hilariously funny. Leadership should be about respect, not fear.

But....... I guess times have changed.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How was Carter divisive?

Not expensive to whom? While your paying 19% on your note you probably aren’t buying gold. Plus you had to wait half a day for ten dollars of gas. No time to sell your gold. Between interest rates and the price of gas you were pretty much fucked
    Good times. Bring back Saint Jimmy.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well tits I am not saying trumps divisiveness doesn’t count. I was simply saying to say he is the “most” divisive president is something I wouldn’t agree with. As far as miles goes he obviously wants the entire system to collapse.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well tits I am not saying trumps divisiveness doesn’t count. I was simply saying to say he is the “most” divisive president is something I wouldn’t agree with. As far as miles goes he obviously wants the entire system to collapse.
    High interest rates for a few years is okay. But otherwise, I would settle at 3-4% like most sensible people. Today is silly. There is no true recovery with interest rates at these levels. It is a false economy.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

High interest rates for a few years is okay. But otherwise, I would settle at 3-4% like most sensible people. Today is silly. There is no true recovery with interest rates at these levels. It is a false economy.
    I won’t argue that. It’s a fed based recovery but 18-19% on a 200,000 home is a killer. And 200,000 homes are a rarity in many areas

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Carter was one of the worst Presidents in history with the economy. That didn't make him divisive. It made him ineffective and highly unpopular. I guess our definitions of divisive differ.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Carter was one of the worst Presidents in history with the economy. That didn't make him divisive. It made him ineffective and highly unpopular. I guess our definitions of divisive differ.
    He still had a large following who supported him thus I say divisive.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I see where your error is. You're using the definition of divisive...

di·vi·sive
    /dəˈvīsiv/
    adjective
    tending to cause disagreement or hostility between people.

In that sense yeah.... Carter was divisive. Every POTUS has been divisive. Boxers are divisive. Football teams are divisive. Choosing a restaurant is divisive.

Here's the definition of divisive person...

"Here is my definition of a divisive person: A divisive person intentionally, actively, and repeatedly rubs raw the resentments of people within a community, fans the latent hostilities of many people, searches out controversy and issues rather than avoiding them, and stirs up dissatisfaction and discontent."

Key words to look out for here: "intentionally", "fans hostilities", "searches out controversy", "stirs up"

Trump is all of these. Carter was none of them.

But your confusion was understandable.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I see where your error is. You're using the definition of divisive...

di·vi·sive
    /dəˈvīsiv/
    adjective
    tending to cause disagreement or hostility between people.

In that sense yeah.... Carter was divisive. Every POTUS has been divisive. Boxers are divisive. Football teams are divisive. Choosing a restaurant is divisive.

Here's the definition of divisive person...

"Here is my definition of a divisive person: A divisive person intentionally, actively, and repeatedly rubs raw the resentments of people within a community, fans the latent hostilities of many people, searches out controversy and issues rather than avoiding them, and stirs up dissatisfaction and discontent."

Key words to look out for here: "intentionally", "fans hostilities", "searches out controversy", "stirs up"

Trump is all of these. Carter was none of them.

But your confusion was understandable.
    I’d say your confusion is forgivable

Thread Information