Re: Harry and Meghan
It's true to say that the media have never been particularly warm about Meghan Markle
I suppose that could be down to racism, though that is a card easily played. In any case, she isn't 'black', she is mixed race (just like Barrack Obama, who was adored in the media here). I don't doubt there are some racists around, but our woke left wing BBC media isn't usually racist.
It seems more likely that she gets negative press because she isn't British, she has independent means, and she has an opinion.
Now, I don't know either of them, so can't really know what's behind their decision ..... but there is a whiff of hypocrisy here that I think the public are picking up on.
- I remember when they went on an all expenses paid junket to Africa, and somehow made the whole trip all about them. Saying how tough it was, and that nobody asked if they were ok. Diddums.
- they have spent time lecturing people with their 'wokeness' about climate change, but now decide they want to spend lots of time flying over the Atlantic.
- they were happy to take millions from the taxpayer for their wedding, security and ridiculous house refurbishment, but now don't want to pay that back through royal duties.
- they tried to trademark the Sussex brand. Ridiculous, and shows a sense of entitlement. They don't own Sussex, it belongs to the British taxpayer and is bestowed on them by the British people. It should be taken away if they don't want to fulfill their part of the bargain.
- So, due to 'racism', Meghan wants to live in Canada (run by a Prime Minuster who wears blackface, with a husband who likes wearing Nazi uniforms?
- Meghan has shown she can earn high wages independently and in her own right. Fair enough, but she should not be able to monetise any royal titles if she is not prepared for the downside that comes with that. Harry has never shown he could earn money independently, and if he is anything like the rest of his family, he is probably too thick and stupid to.
- I bet, I BET, that they do not mean to be truly financially independent, and will wish to continue surreptitiously sucking the taxpayer teat. This will probably be well hidden from us.
Finally - and cynically - isn't this a great and convenient story to take our minds off Prince Andrew?
Last edited by X; 01-14-2020 at 10:03 AM.
If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?