Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Harry and Meghan

They are horrible people, no different to benefits scroungers IMO, but on an absurd level of thievery. The ordinary person has to borrow to even go to University and gets charged crazy interest, yet these spoiled pigs get it thrown at them and there are no demands. They should go the way of other monarchies, preferably the French one. A waste of money. The marriages always fail. They always end up friends with pedo's and they have a propganda machine that means they never seem to go away. Nothing personal, but the system itself is vile. There is no need for a monarchy.

After the Queen it should end. Sentiment will turn against it after her and hopefully it can be phased out once and for all. It makes a mockery of any claim Britain has of being a just society.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm tired of seeing Harry and Meghan on the front page of every news website.

There are far more important things going on in the world that the media should be paying more attention to.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    I'm tired of seeing Harry and Meghan on the front page of every news website.

There are far more important things going on in the world that the media should be paying more attention to.
    Yeah, like when are you gonna start your heavyweight thread back up?
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bump.

So I agreed to sit with my wife and watch the Harry & Meghan docuseries on Netflix.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/12/08/a...n-netflix.html

I'll admit to only a superficial and sporadic awareness of anything royal-related... so this was sort of my first time becoming a bit familiar with this whole Harry and Meghan soap opera from its beginnings.

These are my personal takeaways, albeit from an outsider's point of view:

• Harry and Meghan strike me as very likable, intelligent, mature people. They seem to genuinely love each other... and want what most other young couples want... a happy, healthy family.
    • The British tabloid press is a cancer on society. Probably not much different than the tabloids elsewhere in the world. Except that in the royals they have unwilling subjects who are expected to perform on demand. If not... there's hell to pay.
    • People who hang on the words of these tabloids need a personality transplant, and to get a life. They also need to stop being gullible minions. Then again... I can see clear parallels in the States with media like Fox News and the millions of minions that hang on Fox's every word.
    • The royals can keep their traditions and their lifestyles (as long as the British public and taxpayers allow it). But they should grow a collective backbone and know when to step in and stop the abuse heaped on members of their own family.
    • Nothing is worth the friction and distance between two brothers. Nothing. William strikes me as slightly gutless in following the party line and alienating his brother.
    • The race issue cannot be denied. The line "straight outta Compton" was used maliciously with the worst of intents.
    • Harry and Meghan are much better off where they are now. Fukk the tabloids and to an extent... fukk the royals who'd rather perform for their public instead of protecting their own family.

Obviously, the docuseries is only THEIR side of their story. But I can't imagine how the "other" side would possibly counteract all these damning accounts.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I do not know if you know Jeremy Clarkson and what he wrote but this is the worst and vile comments that can be made. I do not know why, yes I do really but can not believe it, Meghan gets them so fired up.

Jeremy Clarkson column on Meghan breaks watchdog’s complaints record

https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...eghan-comments
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I do not know if you know Jeremy Clarkson and what he wrote but this is the worst and vile comments that can be made. I do not know why, yes I do really but can not believe it, Meghan gets them so fired up.

Jeremy Clarkson column on Meghan breaks watchdog’s complaints record

https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...eghan-comments

Don't know the guy, but I'm not surprised. Then again... we've seen how people can be led by the nose ring on different topics, even to the point of incomprehensible hatred toward individuals, or groups of people for no specific reason whatsoever.

You got minions in the UK, just like you've got minions in the U.S.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm sure they have valid arguments and fair play to them getting out as I've said. They're obviously very much in love.

Buty if they want out of public life it's a funny way of going about it. Also noticed he was filming himself a lot talking about what was going on eg we're on the freedom flight etc. Why would he do that ? Oh maybe because he'd already clinched a Netflix deal a long time before it was announced.

There will always be racism in any society (though i do wonder if it will be very much phased out in 50 years or so along with sexism, genderism whatever you call it etc) but saying it was racist to call her a diva in the press etc ? I don't get it. If you're a diva you're a diva.

If he wanted to disappear and be boring I'm sure he could - the media would lose interest after a few months. And this is exactly what their intentions must be by moving to ermmmm.....Santa Barbara

He's cashed in by bad mouthing the institution he was born into. The same one thats afforded him a life of luxury - I've got a problem with that.

Does the monarchy need to change and be scaled back ? In my opinion absolutely. But damaging it to cash in by a family member...........
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Thread Information