Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Josh Taylor signs with Top Rank

Prograis vs Hooker are in talks for an April date. I like this fight. Prograis generally seems like a fighter that will fight anyone.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Prograis vs Hooker are in talks for an April date. I like this fight. Prograis generally seems like a fighter that will fight anyone.
    I saw that. Is Prograis moving up to welterweight?

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Hooker's last fight was a catchweight of 144, but he said he wants another shot at 140.
    “I’m gonna take this fight and hopefully get another title shot at 140,” Hooker said.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

But running from McGuigan to Arum.. because the latter is more honest ?

I bet Eddie Hearn is big mad! The only champs he has from 130 lbs to 160 lbs are Tevin and Andrade, and if he can't get Andrade a big fight he may be down to one. He probably needed Josh to use him as bait to keep Devin Haney on board just in case he moved up to 140 lbs, but the Bobfather threw a BIG monkey wrench into that plan.

Now what's the plan going to be for Devin over at DA-ZASTER? Devin needs to jump off the Titantic now because I can see the iceberg approaching real fast. Come back to PBC Devin so you can join in this potential new lovefest between PBC and Top rank. 130-135 lbs - Devin, Tank, Commey, Teofomo, Loma, GRJ, LSC, Herring, Tagoe, Lamont Roach, Abner, Robert Easter jr, Oscar Valdez (sorry Tevin and Ryan). Lets go!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Hooker's last fight was a catchweight of 144, but he said he wants another shot at 140.
    “I’m gonna take this fight and hopefully get another title shot at 140,” Hooker said.
    I didn’t know his last fight was a catch weight. I remember him saying that he is going up to welterweight

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Josh Taylor vs. Khonsong: Sampson Boxing Outbids Top Rank

Taylor likely to fight in the UK with the Thailand man putting on the show!

https://www.boxingscene.com/josh-tay...p-rank--146177

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Josh Taylor: Shane McGuigan feels 'begrudged' by split from Scot

Josh Taylor's split from Cyclone Promotions was "a huge surprise and a killer blow", says the Scottish boxer's former trainer Shane McGuigan.

IBF and WBA super-lightweight champion Taylor, who had been with Cyclone since turning professional in 2015, signed with US outfit Top Rank this month.

Shane, son of Cyclone head Barry McGuigan, will no longer train the 29-year-old and says his exit rankles.

"I feel a bit begrudged by it all," he told Boxing Social.

"It was late December and I got a phone call saying Josh was asking to leave. It was a pretty big shock. I didn't see anything coming.

"As soon as I heard that, my heart sank. Mainly because of the effort and time that we had put in to Josh. I felt we had managed him and trained him impeccably - 16 fights unbeaten, unified world champion, Ring magazine champion.

"To find out like that was a blow. I'm annoyed that I've invested four-and-a-half years of my time and energy in someone who just doesn't deserve it."

Taylor's departure has soured relations with the stable where he made his name.

Cyclone insisted he had broken an "exclusive worldwide contract" with them, while the Prestonpans fighter responded by claiming the company's "various breaches of contract" enabled him to walk away for a multi-fight deal with Top Rank.

In the ring, their partnership culminated with Taylor's World Super Series final triumph over Regis Prograis in October, making him the unified IBF and WBA super-lightweight champion.

"We were in regular talks with JT about a multi-fight deal with Matchroom USA and DAZN and Sky," McGuigan added. "We were constructing something really big for him. Obviously he chose to do his own thing.

"If he'd been a year into his career, fine, no problem. And if he'd have called me and talked to me and everyone and done it the right way, then that would have been fine.

"I train fighters that aren't necessarily managed by my dad. But with Josh, dad had signed him from the start and has done an amazing job with him.

"It's not right to do it that way. I'm not going to continue to train him when he has done that to somebody so close to me. I just feel it's not fair for that person to be cut out."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/51220124
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bit of a head scratch ol Bob bringing Taylor to the States and getting shutdown in first defense promotion wise . I don't quite get his big picture thinking, wonder if Ramirez in China falling out played a part. Khongsong looks like a big frame and a bit lackadaisical and he's in for a hard knock life with Taylor. Great 'best of' sparkage of tough Kondo to get here but he was eating single jabs and giving ground with no idea inside until he walked onto it.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just watched a interview with Josh on YouTube boxing social of course he could not say to much about the split with Shane and Barry it will come out in the wash no doubt.!

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well just watched Shane Mcguigan interview he seems bitter on the split which is natural! but all in all he got paid I imagine he done all right out of JT great pity I like Shane and Josh.

Thread Information