Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Hart vs Smith awful scorecard

Did anybody else watch the fight last night? Hart got beat basically every round. There may have been about 3 rounds that you could have given Hart in any sort of realistic sense. Somehow one of the judges scored it 95-94 for Hart. Honestly one of the worst scorecards I’ve ever seen in my life.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Hart vs Smith awful scorecard

Yea I watched it, I scored it 98-91 Smith (in the Munguia thread), the site was running slow and I had friends turn up, so had to log off not long after the fight ended. Everything looks bad for Hart at 175 after this fight.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Yea I watched it, I scored it 98-91 Smith (in the Munguia thread), the site was running slow and I had friends turn up, so had to log off not long after the fight ended. Everything looks bad for Hart at 175 after this fight.
    It made no sense why he moved up. He said it was to get revenge on Ramirez which makes no sense. He lost two times to Ramirez. There are so many more people that Ramirez should fight over Hart. Hart could have maybe gotten a belt at super middleweight. Just a stupid move.

And what’s up with Ramirez? He moved up in weight and fought once and was never heard from again.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    It made no sense why he moved up. He said it was to get revenge on Ramirez which makes no sense. He lost two times to Ramirez. There are so many more people that Ramirez should fight over Hart. Hart could have maybe gotten a belt at super middleweight. Just a stupid move.

And what’s up with Ramirez? He moved up in weight and fought once and was never heard from again.
    I think Ramirez may be trying to by out his contract from Top Rank.

If Hart can't make 168 safely anymore then I'm not sure he should continue fighting.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There is a good article written on the fight which I will try and find but it was saying that Hart was mentored by Bernard Hopkins and he wanted to avenge that loss as a Philly fighter.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The whole lead in was made to be Hart dedicating and getting revenge for fellow Philly Hopkins as he was knocked out by Smith in final fight. But even in his late year taunt and snipe mode Hopkins never fought that feeble. Harts a nice guy but that card reeks of glaucoma or a needed AA intervention. Hart was being moved and fighting like a guy trying not to get ko’d literally from the first bell. Maybe he snuck the 3rd and had some ok left hooks in 9th but in no way shape or form did he box effectively enough to win majority of rounds.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hart tricked me. When I watched some of his fights a little early in his career, he didn’t look impressive whatsoever to me. He lost to Ramirez the first time which was no shocker but then made a pretty good fight out of it the second time around which was surprising. Then he demolished Barrera, who may have been a little shop worn at the time but not terrible. So I thought that maybe Hart was pretty good. This fight proved to me that I was right at the beginning.

Hart can’t last at light heavyweight and I doubt he can get back down to super middleweight

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It’s an odd thing yeh, Hart had the look of a guy who knew he was off his weight range and not long for it. No doubt his stamina was there as he ran circles all night but his reaction to shots and body language looked feeble. Just a very odd approach going up and execution.

Thread Information