0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default The Proliferation of Tabloid Headlines Online

• 10 Ways to Know You're About to Get a Heart Attack
    • 5 Horrifying Things Waiters Don't Want You to Know
    • How to Know if You're About to Die of a Massive Stroke
    • Foods You Thought Were Healthy But Are Actually Killing You

I don't know if it's just MSN.com, or if it's a widespread plague. But it's tough to turn on your computer nowadays and not get bombarded by idiotic headlines such as this. They want you to know everything you're doing wrong..... how to know you're going to die soon...... and what disgusting things you've been eating without knowing about it.

It used to be you could just avoid these tabloids when standing in line at the supermarket. They were there in front of your face, but you could just ignore them and choose not to read about the 3-headed Martian who had abducted a farmer's wife and impregnated her with his alien offspring. Now you turn on your computer to get some news, and this shit is tough to avoid.

I used to like MSN.com as my homepage.... but I'm about to switch for precisely that reason. I appreciate the convenience of having news, sports, politics, finances all on a user-friendly menu for browsing. But this tabloid shit has gotten out of hand. Most of this bait garbage is fatalistic and doomsday-ish. WTF, no wonder there are so many paranoid and screwed up people in the world.

I personally and seriously do not wish to read what I'm doing/eating/drinking or whatever.... that's gonna kill me in the next 5 years. I can't believe the amount of negative shit that is regularly spewed forth on what should be halfway credible news sites.

Then again, it's probably the law of supply and demand, which of course doesn't say much for the typical audience.

El Kabong Guest

Default Re: The Proliferation of Tabloid Headlines Online

Same as it ever was, same as it ever was, same as it ever was

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah there's always been sensationalism. Still....... there seems to be a fascination with all the things "that can kill you" nowadays..... and no shortage of people dying to tell you about it.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

On Msn I’m still trying to figure out the ‘if you’re into women and gaming then this ones for you’ adds with the 3 scantly clad amazon chicks all decked out in armor etc. T&A in gaming. Has to be an entire fetish onto itself.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    On Msn I’m still trying to figure out the ‘if you’re into women and gaming then this ones for you’ adds with the 3 scantly clad amazon chicks all decked out in armor etc. T&A in gaming. Has to be an entire fetish onto itself.
    Wow, that's actually quite impressive....recent story this one? Yes I'm sure it's a fetish on it's own, what does one appreciate "wow look at the pixels on that!"...odd really. All that said, I'm kind of surprised that is a story on account of GamerGate & Anita Sarkeesian and the whole attempting to cram women into nerd culture. When nerd culture is kind of by definition a thing where one is not supposed to find a lot of women.

But anyway, funny story, the way some of these dames went about saying "Hey, I'm a nerd too!!!" was to take something say videogames and then bitch about the way females are portrayed in those games. And so those females (most brand new to gaming/comics/etc) then started their iconoclasm of those industries, those formerly "safe spaces" for nerds, incels, dweebs, dorks, geeks, etc. The poor dears.

Thread Information