Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Manny Pacquiao v Conor McGregor

conor gets paid well to lose again
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bob Arum lays out two-fight plan for Conor McGregor vs Terence Crawford using MMA and boxing rules, will speak to Dana White

Bob Arum ‘would love’ to see WBO welterweight champion Terence Crawford fight Conor McGregor.

The 88-year-old Top Rank chief explained that, ideally, there would be two bouts between the pair – one using boxing rules and the other a mixed martial arts contest.

“Crawford has a background in wrestling and would not be averse to fighting McGregor with MMA rules,” Arum explained to the TalkBox podcast.

“That’s something that has occurred to us in the last couple of days and we will be pursuing that with [UFC president] Dana White.”

Prior to his 40-second victory against ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone at UFC 246, McGregor had been talking up potential lucrative fights against Manny Pacquiao and a rematch with the 50-0 Floyd Mayweather.

The UFC superstar even said he has eyes on a boxing world title.

“It will be hard to leave the MMA game fully, but I think a boxing world title is a great aspiration to have. What a feather in the cap it would be.

“I always want bigger and better and to reach for the stars. I would love the rematch with Floyd Mayweather and I know the Manny one is there whenever I want it.”

McGregor’s return to the octagon in January saw a gate of $11.1million at the T-Mobile Arena and he estimated he would earn around $80m in total for his effort.

When he fought Mayweather in 2017, it was said he made close to $100m and a super fight against Mayweather or Pacquiao would command similar numbers.

“I done phenomenal in [the Mayweather fight]. And the only reason I lost that bout was because I prepared for a back-footed Philly shell style of opponent. And when the fight was like that, I was picking him apart.

“Then, he came forward and I wasn’t sinking into my shots like I am now with my boxing coaches, guys who are drilling specific boxing things into me again. I know I beat Floyd if we rematch – when we rematch.”

And the boxing legend did little to quash any chance of a rematch in the aftermath of his win over Cerrone by posting a ‘poster’ of their fight on Instagram.

Crawford, 32, is unbeaten in his 36 professional fights, winning his last one in December against Egidijus Kavaliauskas.

He’s not in the same realms of superstardom Mayweather and Pacquiao enjoy, but Arum will nonetheless try.

However, both he and White have not had too many complimentary things to say about each other in recent years.

When it emerged, in 2017, that White had designs on moving into the world of boxing promotion, Arum called it a desperate move.

White disagreed.

“F*** him. F*** that guy,” he told broadcaster Jim Rome. “This is the same guy who said this same s*** 15 years ago about me and [former co-owners Lorenzo and Frank Fertitta].

“He said they’re losing oodles and oodles of money and this business was a joke, it was going to go under, nobody will ever be into a sport like this and here we are today.

“This guy is such a jerk off. Literally the biggest piece of s*** in all of sports, Bob Arum, ladies and gentlemen.”

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/6...ng-dana-white/
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

El Kabong Guest

Please no....no more Conor as a boxer please...he's not a boxer, Floyd carried him, phenomenal MMA fighter, but not a boxer!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Does Crawford have a wrestling background? I know his sons wrestle and are nationally ranked, but I’ve tried to look and haven’t found anything about Crawford wrestling. If he does have wrestling experience, I think it would be a great thing for Crawford to do. Wrestling is probably the most important skill to have in MMA. And McGregor’s main strength is his stand up which wouldn’t be near Crawford’s level.

The only thing is that I listened to the Crawford interview with Joe Rogan and Crawford basically said that he doesn’t want to get in the octagon because it’s too much of an injury risk without enough pay. So unless he is offered a ton of money, I doubt he does it.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Crawford's a FOOL if he agrees to fight McGregor under ANY rules and under ANY circumstances. Stick to your boxing career, Bud. There's lots left to do.

As for McGregor, I thought they were going to sic Manny on him.

In any case, I just want McGregor to get embarrassingly KTFO'ed, so he can give up his boxing wet dreams and stick to his own sport.

'Nough said.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Manny Pacquiao fuels Conor McGregor fight rumours by joining same management company

A high-profile and lucrative boxing bout between Manny Pacquiao and UFC superstar Conor McGregor may just have been brought one step closer.

Speculation over a meeting between two of the biggest names in combat sports has been rife over recent months, with McGregor revealing before his octagon return against Donald Cerrone at UFC 246 in January that talks between the two camps had been "ongoing" as he outlined his aspirations to win a boxing world title.

The former UFC featherweight and lightweight champion previously switched disciplines in August 2017, when he was stopped in the 10th round by Floyd Mayweather Jr in a contest nicknamed the 'The Money Fight' in Las Vegas.

Mock fight posters have also circulated on social media, while Pacquiao's manager, Sean Gibbons, also appeared to challenge McGregor to a boxing match against 'Pacman' last month.

A potentially crucial update in the saga came on Monday night, when it was confirmed that Pacquiao had joined Paradigm Sports Management - the same company that represents McGregor.

"We’re very excited to announce that Manny Pacquiao has signed with PSM for full service representation," Paradigm wrote on Twitter.

"Manny is one of the greatest boxers of all time & we look forward to working with Arnold [Vegafria], Ping [Nepomuceno] and the rest of the team back in Manila to maximize his historic career."

Despite still having one eye firmly fixed on the boxing ring, McGregor made a successful return to UFC in January, needing just 40 seconds to knock out veteran 'Cowboy' Cerrone.

Pacquiao, meanwhile, turned 41 in December and also serves as a Senator in his native Philippines, but remains a force to be reckoned with after bouncing back from his shock defeat to Jeff Horn in 2017 courtesy of successive victories over Lucas Matthysse, Adrien Broner and Keith Thurman, with the latter victory in July 2019 making him the oldest welterweight champion in history.

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/man...075400311.html
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

McGregor should be careful. Mayweather let him look good and carried him along to make a show of it. I don't think Pac would do that and I think Crawford would enjoy putting a beating on him.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Perhaps manny needs the fight. Seems like he may not have managed his finances that well. Although when your senator for life in your country that could change things. I always loved manny but his backing of the duertue (spelling) regime does irk me

Thread Information