Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Manny Pacquiao v Conor McGregor

Conor McGregor reveals Manny Pacquiao talks for return to boxing after UFC 246 fight against Donald Cerrone

Conor McGregor is in talks to fight Manny Pacquiao in a fight that would take him back to boxing.

The Notorious is already considering his next move just days away from his UFC return against Donald Cerrone.

Should he succeed against ‘Cowboy’ at UFC 246, then the Irishman would like to try his hand once more at the sweet science, having been comprehensively beaten by Floyd Mayweather on debut in 2017.

“The Manny Pacquiao talks have been ongoing,” McGregor said.

“An aspiration of mine now is to win a boxing world title. I think that would be a phenomenal feather in the cap and something I look to achieve in the future. And something I will achieve.”

The 31-year-old would also like another shot at Mayweather, who has been in retirement since their money-spinning bout in 2017.

“I would love that Floyd (Mayweather) rematch,” McGregor added.

“I thought I did, for what was in front of me, very well.

“I thought with some slight adjustments I would have done even better. So I feel now I could take that victory.”

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/con...094400052.html
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Manny Pacquiao v Conor McGregor

I get making the spectacle with Mayweather. It was what it was. At this point, do any boxing or MMA fans care about another fight like this again? If Mcgregor can fight a top 20 welterweight or light middleweight (whatever weight they are going) and beat him, then I can at least say he is legitimate enough and popular enough to get a fight with Pacquiao. I have no interest in another spectacle though.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In a way, I hope this comes off. Because Pacquiao, even at this age, will absolutely batter him.
    MacGregor wouldn’t even win an Irish title , let alone a World title.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Isn't it weird how some people think cambat skills are transferable across different freighting disciplines.

i know a guy who was a genuine monster at Judo, then switched to Taekwondo .... and he was shit. Got battered every time.

I don't know a lot about MMA, but as a professional world champion I'm assuming he is pretty competent.

As a boxer, though, he was terrible. He made mistakes a half decent amateur would not have made.

He whaled away against Mayweather with no game plan or skill until he gassed out. Mayweather - a pure defensive counterpuncher - just walked through him and beat him into submission.

Pacquiaio, even at 40, is stylistically different. A hyper aggressive and venomous puncher with blinding hand and foot speed.

I hope this is all just talk, and McGregor could get seriously hurt in there. Why would our sport sanction an absolute beginner to get on with an elite boxer?
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

....because boxing is the biggest whore in sport and will do anything for money.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mcgregor deserves this pay day
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    Really?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Really?
    McGregor (who?) deserves fuck all, he was humiliated by Mayweather, unsurprisingly. Canelo is only considering it for the pay clicks from morons who support pub fighting, aka MMA. Worlds gone mad

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And it's at moments like this that if I wanted to watch Conor then I'd tune into his fights he actually deserved and actually had a chance of being competitive in .

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Really?
    Think the sarcasm got lost here
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Really?
    Think the sarcasm got lost here
    Just making sure you hadn’t lost your mind , or worse still, Brock had taken over your account! 😂

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm not too clued up at all on UFC but am I not right in thinking that Conor is moving up a weight for his next fight? wouldn't that put him a good few weights above what Manny is fighting at now?

I'd love to see it purely cuz Manny would kick fuck out of him, it ain't happening though

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

An active world champion calling out a 0-1 fighter ?

At this rate don’t be surprised to hear if Antonio Inoki is training for a comeback against Anthony Joshua.

I mean, I get it - the paychecks - but man, McGregor is going to get whupped here.

Maybe Manny also needs money for his kids and to fund his and Jinkee's political campaigns. Not to mention Jinkee can always divorce him and take half since he knocked the hooker up.

But Pacquiao will slaughter Conor and here’s the thing, at this point, he NEEDS to slaughter him just as warning to others.

I think McGregor and his team are pumped up because he wasn't disgraced against Floyd. What he doesn’t understand is that Floyd doesn’t ruin fighters. Floyd breaks his opponents down. Pacquiao gets you whenever.

That’s the difference.

I just hope Manny is dead ass serious in this fight.

Just come in. Take center ring. Stay in the pocket and dog it out with McGregor. No Pitty-Pat. No running. McGregor would actually be the one running and look lost in a panic trying to clinch and sneak in MMA tactics.

It'd be glorious.

If Manny does that ? This fight ain't going 5 rounds. And even though McGregor’s cardio is trash. Stamina won’t be an issue with McGregor either as he’ll will be knocked out cold and if the KO don't happen bring in late stoppage ref Steve Smoger. Let the beat-down go on for a bit

I’m not even sure the Vegas Commission would even allow this. But it'll be interesting to see Pacquiao can topple someone twice his size. Plus he need not worry about catching anything since McGregor has zero power.

But the thing that did surprise me the most about Floyd-McGreggor was McGreggor took Floyd's shot pretty well. He wont take Manny's shots though. Manny will light him up badly.

Let’s be real here Conor McGregor couldn't beat Frankie Gavin. He should be fighting the likes of KSI or Logan Paul. That's his level.

Letting these guys finesse the fight game in the twilight of their career run boxing's credibility straight into toilet. It's terrible for the boxing when the guys at the top of the sport are in a revolving door.
    Last edited by Denilson-The-Comeback; 01-20-2020 at 06:16 PM.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    I'm not too clued up at all on UFC but am I not right in thinking that Conor is moving up a weight for his next fight? wouldn't that put him a good few weights above what Manny is fighting at now?

I'd love to see it purely cuz Manny would kick fuck out of him, it ain't happening though
    Conor was 170 lb in his fight over the weekend so he would struggle to make welterweight again.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In a way, I hope this comes off. Because Pacquiao, even at this age, will absolutely batter him.
    MacGregor wouldn’t even win an Irish title , let alone a World title.
    Sorry to sit on the fence again, I just fail to see why this MMA crap attracts so many PPV's, and why some tatto'd Irish Pub Fighter makes such a living out of it. Floyd made a complete mug of him, and still they come back!!! Manny would batter him and not draw breath.

Thread Information