Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Manny Pacquiao v Conor McGregor

Conor McGregor reveals Manny Pacquiao talks for return to boxing after UFC 246 fight against Donald Cerrone

Conor McGregor is in talks to fight Manny Pacquiao in a fight that would take him back to boxing.

The Notorious is already considering his next move just days away from his UFC return against Donald Cerrone.

Should he succeed against ‘Cowboy’ at UFC 246, then the Irishman would like to try his hand once more at the sweet science, having been comprehensively beaten by Floyd Mayweather on debut in 2017.

“The Manny Pacquiao talks have been ongoing,” McGregor said.

“An aspiration of mine now is to win a boxing world title. I think that would be a phenomenal feather in the cap and something I look to achieve in the future. And something I will achieve.”

The 31-year-old would also like another shot at Mayweather, who has been in retirement since their money-spinning bout in 2017.

“I would love that Floyd (Mayweather) rematch,” McGregor added.

“I thought I did, for what was in front of me, very well.

“I thought with some slight adjustments I would have done even better. So I feel now I could take that victory.”

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/con...094400052.html
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Manny Pacquiao v Conor McGregor

I get making the spectacle with Mayweather. It was what it was. At this point, do any boxing or MMA fans care about another fight like this again? If Mcgregor can fight a top 20 welterweight or light middleweight (whatever weight they are going) and beat him, then I can at least say he is legitimate enough and popular enough to get a fight with Pacquiao. I have no interest in another spectacle though.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In a way, I hope this comes off. Because Pacquiao, even at this age, will absolutely batter him.
    MacGregor wouldn’t even win an Irish title , let alone a World title.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Isn't it weird how some people think cambat skills are transferable across different freighting disciplines.

i know a guy who was a genuine monster at Judo, then switched to Taekwondo .... and he was shit. Got battered every time.

I don't know a lot about MMA, but as a professional world champion I'm assuming he is pretty competent.

As a boxer, though, he was terrible. He made mistakes a half decent amateur would not have made.

He whaled away against Mayweather with no game plan or skill until he gassed out. Mayweather - a pure defensive counterpuncher - just walked through him and beat him into submission.

Pacquiaio, even at 40, is stylistically different. A hyper aggressive and venomous puncher with blinding hand and foot speed.

I hope this is all just talk, and McGregor could get seriously hurt in there. Why would our sport sanction an absolute beginner to get on with an elite boxer?
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

....because boxing is the biggest whore in sport and will do anything for money.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mcgregor deserves this pay day
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    In a way, I hope this comes off. Because Pacquiao, even at this age, will absolutely batter him.
    MacGregor wouldn’t even win an Irish title , let alone a World title.
    Sorry to sit on the fence again, I just fail to see why this MMA crap attracts so many PPV's, and why some tatto'd Irish Pub Fighter makes such a living out of it. Floyd made a complete mug of him, and still they come back!!! Manny would batter him and not draw breath.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

conor gets paid well to lose again
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bob Arum lays out two-fight plan for Conor McGregor vs Terence Crawford using MMA and boxing rules, will speak to Dana White

Bob Arum ‘would love’ to see WBO welterweight champion Terence Crawford fight Conor McGregor.

The 88-year-old Top Rank chief explained that, ideally, there would be two bouts between the pair – one using boxing rules and the other a mixed martial arts contest.

“Crawford has a background in wrestling and would not be averse to fighting McGregor with MMA rules,” Arum explained to the TalkBox podcast.

“That’s something that has occurred to us in the last couple of days and we will be pursuing that with [UFC president] Dana White.”

Prior to his 40-second victory against ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone at UFC 246, McGregor had been talking up potential lucrative fights against Manny Pacquiao and a rematch with the 50-0 Floyd Mayweather.

The UFC superstar even said he has eyes on a boxing world title.

“It will be hard to leave the MMA game fully, but I think a boxing world title is a great aspiration to have. What a feather in the cap it would be.

“I always want bigger and better and to reach for the stars. I would love the rematch with Floyd Mayweather and I know the Manny one is there whenever I want it.”

McGregor’s return to the octagon in January saw a gate of $11.1million at the T-Mobile Arena and he estimated he would earn around $80m in total for his effort.

When he fought Mayweather in 2017, it was said he made close to $100m and a super fight against Mayweather or Pacquiao would command similar numbers.

“I done phenomenal in [the Mayweather fight]. And the only reason I lost that bout was because I prepared for a back-footed Philly shell style of opponent. And when the fight was like that, I was picking him apart.

“Then, he came forward and I wasn’t sinking into my shots like I am now with my boxing coaches, guys who are drilling specific boxing things into me again. I know I beat Floyd if we rematch – when we rematch.”

And the boxing legend did little to quash any chance of a rematch in the aftermath of his win over Cerrone by posting a ‘poster’ of their fight on Instagram.

Crawford, 32, is unbeaten in his 36 professional fights, winning his last one in December against Egidijus Kavaliauskas.

He’s not in the same realms of superstardom Mayweather and Pacquiao enjoy, but Arum will nonetheless try.

However, both he and White have not had too many complimentary things to say about each other in recent years.

When it emerged, in 2017, that White had designs on moving into the world of boxing promotion, Arum called it a desperate move.

White disagreed.

“F*** him. F*** that guy,” he told broadcaster Jim Rome. “This is the same guy who said this same s*** 15 years ago about me and [former co-owners Lorenzo and Frank Fertitta].

“He said they’re losing oodles and oodles of money and this business was a joke, it was going to go under, nobody will ever be into a sport like this and here we are today.

“This guy is such a jerk off. Literally the biggest piece of s*** in all of sports, Bob Arum, ladies and gentlemen.”

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/6...ng-dana-white/

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Perhaps manny needs the fight. Seems like he may not have managed his finances that well. Although when your senator for life in your country that could change things. I always loved manny but his backing of the duertue (spelling) regime does irk me

Thread Information