Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Demetrius Andrade v Luke Keeler

Not since the days of promoter Don King’s marathon boxing shows at Miami Arena and Broward County Convention Center in the mid- and late 1990s, has a South Florida card featured three world-title fights.

The gap from the King years finally closes on Jan. 30. Matchroom Boxing USA, overseen by promoter Eddie Hearn, will showcase three title bouts, headlining an announced 10-bout card. The show will be at Meridian Island Gardens, a facility built on Watson Island in Miami to accommodate multiple events coinciding with Super Bowl week.

“I’m delighted to announce our first show of 2020 and our first ever in Miami,” Hearn said in a statement. “This (title fight) tripleheader is the biggest card in Miami for many years.”

Middleweight champion Demetrius Andrade will defend his World Boxing Organization belt in one of the three fights. Andrade will face Ireland’s Luke Keeler. The bouts also will be shown on streaming service DAZN.

A titleholder since Oct. 2018, Andrade, of Providence, R.I., fights in one of boxing’s deepest divisions. Yet, despite the leverage of a title belt, Andrade (28-0, 17 KOs) has not managed to secure lucrative fights.

Andrade hopes being showcased on DAZN will serve as the platform that will eventually land him bouts with the division’s elite — Saul “Canelo” Alvarez, Gennady Golovkin and Jermall Charlo. Andrade’s aspirations improve because DAZN has multi-fight deals with Alvarez and Golovkin.

As he continues to campaign for the marquee events, Andrade said he cannot overlook imminent issue, such as his defense against Keeler (17-2-1, 5 KOs).

“Every fight is a multi-million-dollar big fight to me because if I don’t perform, if I don’t win, then that opportunity is out the window,” Andrade said in a video interview distributed by Matchroom Boxing. “So, I don’t slack on punch, I don’t lack on my training because this is how you lead up to the bigger fights, the bigger names.

“This moment, this opportunity for me to headline on Super Bowl weekend that’s great. You can’t write this stuff out and knowing I am going to be a part of it. I’m definitely going to put my best foot forward, do what I need to do and show the world that I am the most talented fighter on the planet.”

In addition to the Andrade-Keeler match, Tevin Farmer will defend his International Boxing Federation junior-lightweight belt against Joseph “JoJo” Diaz and super-bantamweight titleholder Daniel Roman will face Murodjon Akhmadaliev. Roman is recognized as champion by the IBF and World Boxing Association.

Farmer (30-4-1, 6 KOs) will make the fifth defense of his title against Diaz (30-1, 15 KOs). Like Farmer, Roman (27-2-1, 10 KOs) has four successful defenses preceding his bout with Akhmadaliev (7-0, 6 KOs).

“This is the longest break I’ve had between fights in a long time so it’s only natural for me to be anxious to get back in the ring,” said Roman, who has not fought since last April. “Akhmadaliev presents a strong challenge and I know that I’ll be getting his best shot, but I’ve been down this road before and everyone knows my track record in world title fights.”

South Florida has not hosted a world title fight since Rances Barthelemy defeated Argenis Mendez for the IBF junior-lightweight championship at AmericanAirlines Arena in July 2014.

https://news.yahoo.com/south-florida...233158827.html
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Demetrius Andrade v Luke Keeler

This is weird a Thursday night card. Trying to grab some Super Bowl crowd and I get it. But honestly I have no idea what DAZN is doing lately but it feels like floundering. Now Farmer v Diaz is decent but if I were Andrade I'd be making some noise and demanding a bit more respect. They're keeping him in limbo and he's of the style where he doesn't really shine or excel in too many stay bust fights.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

andrade's last eight betting odds

he is -5000 favorite vs Keeler

all excuses aside this is horrible
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    andrade's last eight betting odds

he is -5000 favorite vs Keeler

all excuses aside this is horrible
    Fine fighter letting it all pass him by right now. And he just signed up for 4 more years of off the air mediocrity. He should have jumped at that Charlo fight when it was made years ago.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nobody seeing Andrade isn’t going to help him. God bless those that signed up to DAZN for the quick returns, hope they invest wisely because there is nothing on the back end when nobody sees you....well, fans of youtubers will know him. I suppose I don’t really know how to calculate if there is value in that.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Very sloppy performance by Andrade. Probably best that no one sees him fight like that.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Demetrius Andrade calls out Billy Joe Saunders after dominating Luke Keeler

Demetrius Andrade made it look too easy..

The WBO middleweight champion dropped Luke Keeler twice before eventually securing a ninth-round TKO at the Meridian at Island Gardens in Miami on Thursday of Super Bowl week. Andrade (29-0, 18 KOs) defended his title for a third consecutive time.

He then called out stiffer competition — WBO super middleweight champion Billy Joe Saunders.

"I want to go up to 168 (pounds), fight Billy Joe 'Joke-Ass' Saunders my next fight, and that's what I'm looking to do," Andrade told DAZN in his postfight interview. "Since (Matchroom Boxing USA promoter) Eddie (Hearn) has that big book and that big bank, well, offer Billy Joe Saunders that check, so I could whoop his ass too."

Andrade and Saunders were supposed to fight in October 2018, but Saunders failed a drug test and the bout was canceled. The fact Saunders stands an identical 29-0 would seemingly make a fight between the two must-see.

Andrade also expressed interest in fighting WBC middleweight champion Jermall Charlo (30-0, 22 KOs) in a unification bout.

Asking for a bump up in competition is understandable, considering how dominating Andrade looked against Keeler. Seconds after the opening bell, Andrade scored his first knockdown with a sharp left hand. "Boo Boo" detonated an overhand left that dropped the Irish fighter in the second round, as well.

After going for home-run hits to end the fight over the next couple of rounds, especially the third, Andrade settled down and proceeded to produce a boxing clinic. He tagged Keeler at will and demoralized him in his U.S. debut.

The end of the bout came when Andrade peppered Keeler with a barrage of punches, which gave the referee no choice but to wave off the fight.

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/dem...072127123.html
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Andrade's style is so ugly to watch. I think Charlo beats him.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Andrade isn’t bad at all, but he is an awful finisher. He just doesn’t have it in him. I also think stylistically Charlo beats him.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's growing stale on the shelf and made fighting down to the level of comp a habit now. For Dazn to claim the order at 160 but still not work to match him at a higher level is just lame. They don't take him seriously.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Didn' kick Keeler's ass as bad as he did Brian Rose. lolol....now that was a terrible ass kicking. Keeler was just overmatched but game.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Thread Information