Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Danny Garcia v Ivan Redkach

Danny Garcia’s opportunity at an immediate fight with welterweight champion Errol Spence Jr. ended after Spence sustained injuries in an auto accident in October. Nonetheless, Garcia salvaged his early 2020 fight date originally planned for Spence.

A former welterweight and super-lightweight champion, Garcia (35-2, 21 KOs) will fight Ukraine’s Ivan Redkach (23-4-1, 18 KOs) Saturday at Barclays Center in Brooklyn.

“We picked Redkach because he’s dangerous and we knew he’d be tough,” Garcia said. “Redkach makes a lot of sense because he’s a southpaw and that would have me ready for Errol Spence Jr. or Manny Pacquiao.”

HURD V SANTANA

Fulton v Khegai

On the undercard

https://news.yahoo.com/south-florida...233158827.html
    Last edited by Master; 01-21-2020 at 06:53 PM.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Danny Garcia v Ivan Redkach

Danny Garcia believes he already dons a dossier that’s worthy of etching his name in boxing immortality in Canastota, New York.

“I definitely feel that I am a Hall of Famer fighter — right now — if you look at the last decade, and what I’ve accomplished,” Garcia told BoxingScene.com in an interview. “I’ve been headlining world title fights since 2012. I fought 13 former world champions. I won three titles in two different divisions. You can’t really ask for more from a fighter.”

The 31-year-old Garcia (35-2, 21 KOs) will next fight Ivan Redkach (23-4-1, 18 KOs) on Jan. 25 on Showtime at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn.

Redkach isn’t the opponent who will further stamp Garcia’s resume as an all-time great, but the Ukrainian boxer will be a necessary hurdle in order for Garcia to next fight the likes of PBC stablemates Manny Pacquiao, Errol Spence Jr. and Keith Thurman.

Garcia listed the aforementioned foes as fighters he’d next like to face in his pay-per-view debut, a task he feels is long overdue.

Garcia, a Puerto Rican who fights out of Philadelphia, has been a boxing mainstay and a popular draw over the last decade at locales like the Barclays Center and being a hit with TV ratings.

Garcia sports wins over Erik Morales (twice), Amir Khan, Zab Judah, Lucas Matthysse, Lamont Peterson, Paul Malignaggi, Robert Guerrero and Brandon Rios.

His only two career losses have come to Shawn Porter in 2018 and Thurman in 2017.

A potential fight and win over the Pacquiao, Spence Jr., Thurman or Porter will further help make Garcia’s Hall of Fame case.

https://www.boxingscene.com/danny-ga...ht-now--145881

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Stylish outfit he's wearing there. The fucker doesn't derserve to ever get a PPV fight either. He's just looking for a couple of big paydays before he shuffles off and I hope he doesn't get them.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Stylish outfit he's wearing there. The fucker doesn't derserve to ever get a PPV fight either. He's just looking for a couple of big paydays before he shuffles off and I hope he doesn't get them.
    I have the same feeling about Amir Khan.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I might be old-fashioned but, you don't talk about being a HOF fighter. Others talk about you being a HOF fighter. Then they vote you in. Don't like this self-lobbying B.S.

Besides, I think all HOF's across the board should work to maintain their standards high. Otherwise what's the fun in it.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    I might be old-fashioned but, you don't talk about being a HOF fighter. Others talk about you being a HOF fighter. Then they vote you in. Don't like this self-lobbying B.S.

Besides, I think all HOF's across the board should work to maintain their standards high. Otherwise what's the fun in it.
    It’s always the non HOFers claiming to be HOFers. Most really good fighters already know they are in so don’t have to say it. Some like Garcia has had a solid career. He was a good fighter that lost a few of his big fights but won a few pretty impressive ones too. Solid career but in no way a HOFer.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sometimes the ego of Garcia is as loud as some of the outfits he used to wear. But I've come around on the guy really. Call me nuts but I think he and Spence would have been a pretty solid fight and unlike some pre auto accident, he was more than willing. Then again he waited way too long with Porter and has been paused since. The guys opposition has been top notch and they made Redkach late to highlight that searing left hook against a very willing guy. But for a guy to be talking HOF while still active and seemingly being lined up for a major fight mid-late year is just silly.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

highlight reel ko coming up for danny
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jarrett Hurd enacts sweeping changes after losing titles, including moving out of his parents' home

Jarrett Hurd won 23 consecutive fights, 16 of them by knockout. He won a world title and quickly unified the belts.

He was among the biggest stars in boxing, and he had a back story that people loved. Even as a world champion, Hurd continued to live at home with his parents. He worked with the same trainer he had from the earliest days of his career, and was in some of the most exciting bouts in recent years.

As good as things looked on the outside, though, Hurd felt differently. Something was missing.

His wasn’t a feel-good story; this was his life, and as good as the results were, he knew he should be better. So when he lost a unanimous decision to Julian Williams in May, Hurd knew it was time to make some tough choices.

“Changes had to be made,” Hurd said. “Sometimes, you come to a point in your life and you know you need to make a choice and that’s where I was.”

After losing to Williams and dropping his IBF-WBA super welterweight titles on May 11, Hurd essentially did a 180. He fired trainer Ernesto Rodriguez and replaced him with Kay Koroma, an assistant coach on the 2016 and 2020 U.S. Olympic boxing teams. He spent much of his time training in altitude for the first time, working with Koroma at the U.S. Olympic training center in Colorado Springs.

He moved out of his parents’ home in suburban Washington, D.C., and found a place of his own, where he now lives with his girlfriend. He vowed to be more active after having fought just once in 2019. He even went so far as to change his hairstyle.

He felt the need to diversify his game and take control of his life, and so he instituted sweeping changes. Even though they essentially came all at once, it wasn’t a rash decision by any means, he insisted.

“I’m one of the biggest guys in that class, and my size and pressure, I was beating everybody with that,” Hurd said. “Eventually, somebody beat me at my own game. I fought Julian Williams and he beat me on the inside. I got beaten up that night, and I didn’t have a Plan B. I didn’t have a way to switch it up. That pressure, fighting on the inside, it’s always in my back pocket. I can pull it out, and use my size.

“But when I needed that Plan B, when I needed to switch up and do something different, I didn’t have it. I don’t want to go into a fight any more with just one mindset. I needed to add to my game and diversify what I am able to do so I can adapt to what I see in there.”

On Saturday at the Barclays Center, he’ll fight Francisco Santana in the first bout he’s had since losing his titles. It’s also the first time he’ll have fought since leaving his parents’ home.

He’s 29 years old, so there is nothing radical about getting a place of his own, but his mom did try to talk him into staying.

“I’d been there for 12 years,” he said. “It was just time for a change. I had been inactive and I had time on my hands and I wanted to kind of shock the system. I feel good about everything. My parents kind of gave me a pep talk and told me I was welcome to stay with them and all of that. They tried to convince me, but they understood.

“It’s the same thing with training at home. My team got me out of the area and I had nothing to focus on but my craft. I think I’m a lot better because of it.”

It’s a process, though, and he knows he’s not going to be a finished product in his first bout with Koroma. But his goal is not to move up to middleweight, but to complete what he refers to as his unfinished business at super welterweight.

There are a number of good fights for him at 154, including the eventual rematch with Williams, who lost his titles last week to Jeison Rosario.

He didn’t take an immediate rematch with Williams, leading some to speculate he was on his way to middleweight. That time may yet come, but he wants to prove he’s the best in the world at 154.

“My goal is to be undisputed at [super welterweight], and I’ve taken the steps I feel I needed to take to help me get to that point,” he said. “I’m very confident I’ve made the right choices, and it’s up to me to show the improvements I’ve made and then go out there and do it.”

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/jar...231727224.html

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is a bad look for Hurd giving that Williams was just blown up. This Santana fella is basically a welterweight who was losing to Charlo and Williams some 9 years ago. For a guy who blew up to 180+ he’ll outsize Santana by at least a Andy Ruiz right leg.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Thurman v Garcia fight could have been bigger than it was. They sold it too early.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Garcia is hard to like but he’s been fighting at the top level since 2011, have to respect that.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    The Thurman v Garcia fight could have been bigger than it was. They sold it too early.
    What are you talking about? They were both about as oral as they were going to get at the time of the fight. Any later wouldn’t have been near as big of a fight.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Stephen Fulton has looked like a sharp hitting capable prospect prior. First time seeing this 16-0-1 Arnold Khegai. Tough looking sob but can cut the ring off on Fulton.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Khegai is a dangerous guy, like his early focus on the body. Bit awkward very physical and just deposited Fulton on the canvas with a hard arm drag slam after being headbutted. Stamina of Khegai will be huge over 12 as Fulton isn't exactly deterring him in close but jab is consistent and better have his lunch packed tonight. Fulton standing in corner end of 4th waving him in and gets clocked with a right, better wise up.

Thread Information