428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Danny Garcia v Ivan Redkach

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Anyone backing Santana for the upset?
    Heart says yes brain says he gets demolished. Tons of flaws for Hurd to rework but levels remain. Then again last year proved to us one thing..assume nothing

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Anyone backing Santana for the upset?
    Heart says yes brain says he gets demolished. Tons of flaws for Hurd to rework but levels remain. Then again last year proved to us one thing..assume nothing
    I'm the same, Santana did upset Felix Diaz who I held in high regard at the time, stranger things have happened.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is "special attraction" the new euphemism for mismatch nowadays

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sh-t, I've got people turning up again. Catch you later guys. Enjoy the fights.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

2-0 Hurd working a good jab looking for uppercut. Santana has a very awkward squat walk forward. Delicate balance for Hurd..show some new tools but not to the point of giving Santana hope and time. Hurd does lump up and has that soft flesh if anything

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

head movement and high guard shoulder roll and sharp inside upper counter from Hurd. I think hell just froze over . Santana not lacking big onions though he trying to get inside

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sparring session seems apt here. Hurd got away from jab in 6th but he's just working ideas here. Getting time for him to assert the fact he's one fight removed from a unified champ though. Santana is a tough nut and kinda guy you just can't root against.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hurds thinking too much. A nail remains a nail regardless of the hammer you use. All Hurd but stuck between styles willingly and jab disappeared in 9th.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was wrong, Hurd definitely didn't annihilate Santana. Had him hurt and gets late KD on Santana but Santana just made his next high profile fight. Not sure of Hurd. 7 through 10 looked a bit phoned in and going through the motions...annd Barclays is booing him with Jim Grey

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No one cared enough to mention Garcia win, 12 round u'd.... Redkach biting him was quite funny.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Danny Garcia dominates Ivan Redkach, ready for Errol Spence Jr. or Manny Pacquiao

Danny Garcia spoke about wanting Errol Spence Jr. or Manny Pacquiao next.

Well, he inched himself one step closer Saturday night by pummeling Ivan Redkach toward a lopsided unanimous decision (118-110, 117-111, 117-111) at Barclays Center in Brooklyn.

Garcia quickly imposed his will and landed crunching right hand after crunching right hand — whether they came via counterpunching or straightforward.

Redkach was clearly no match for Garcia, who got to look ahead to unified world welterweight champ Spence or WBA titleholder Pacquiao.

"Either or (Spence or Pacquiao), either of those fights I would like to have," Garcia told Showtime during his postfight interview in the ring. "My style looks great with both fighters."

The two-division world champion's only regret against Redkach? That he didn't get the stoppage.

"I thought the referee was going to stop it because I felt like I was punishing him," Garcia said. "He’s a tough guy, he hung in there, I wanted to get the KO, but I didn't get it. I feel like I boxed smart, and I feel like that's what I needed after this layoff. I really wanted the knockout bad, but I’ll accept this."

Garcia loaded up on right hands, including a stiff shot that buckled Redkach's knees in the seventh round.

When Redkach gestured Garcia to bring it during the eighth, "Swift" obliged by dishing out more punishment. About the only pain Redkach could muster was when he inexplicably bit Garcia between his neck and shoulder.

"He bit me. He said, 'Mike Tyson' when he bit me," Garcia told Showtime's Jim Gray following his win. "I said, ‘Ref, he bit me.' I thought I needed stitches or something. That’s my first time ever getting bit in a fight. Things happen, though. I've been in a street fight before, so I did it all."

While Garcia's counterpunching was effective against Redkach, it remains to be seen whether he can do that and get a win over Spence or Pacquiao, who might force him to increase his punching volume.

Co-main event: Jarrett Hurd dominates Francisco Santana via unanimous decision
    Hurd almost capped his return to the ring with a knockout.

Although he didn’t get the KO, "Swift" cruised to a 97-92, 99-90, 99-90 decision.

Hurd dropped Santana with a piercing uppercut during the waning seconds of the 10th round. When Santana beat the count, there was only a second remaining in the fight and the final bell tolled.

Santana wasn’t able to be saved from being on the receiving end of a boxing clinic, however. Hurd (24-1, 16 KOs) established a left jab in the second round and a winding, crunching right uppercut in the third, and he rode both punches to the dominant win.

The fight served as Hurd’s first bout since he suffered his first pro loss last May against Julian Williams. That defeat was costly, as Hurd lost his unified world junior middleweight titles.

With this victory, Hurd should be back in line for a shot to become world champ once again.

Stephen Fulton def. Arnold Khegai by unanimous decision; junior featherweights

Khegai had success mauling Fulton against the ropes and unleashing his left hook, but "Cool Boy Steph" had more success luring the Ukrainian fighter to the middle of the ring, where he peppered him with jabs and combinations.

By the time the final bell tolled, it was clear Fulton (18-0, eight KOs) had controlled the distance behind the jab in dominant enough fashion to win on all three judges’ cards. The final tallies were 116-112, 117-111 and 117-111.

"That's what I do. I use my jab,” Fulton told Showtime’s Jim Gray following his win. "I tried to utilize the jab all night and win the fight behind the jab. I showed that I'm ready for a world title next."

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/dan...061016285.html
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I sort of drifted in and out watching this card, didn't do a lot for Showtime Id imagine. Both fights played out like sparring sessions and went about as expected. In Hurd's case a tune up was fair enough with the new trainer and all, but Garcia never lost any stock, he may as well stay fighting at the top level.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

danny had to take this fight after spence's accident, he won every round but he took lots of bodyshots in return. not a good look with the fight going the distance
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

whooly fuck, the nysac went in on ivan for biting. given a one year suspension and forfeited his whole purse
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Thread Information