Tevin Farmer vs. Joseph Diaz 2020年1月30日

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who wins? Tevin Farmer vs. Joseph Diaz 2020年1月30日

I really like where Farmer has come from after the start of his career and he definitely is skilled, but I just don't see him as much of a threat to the top guys at 130 and 135. I've got Diaz taking a decision in this fight.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

farmer is to slick for jo jo
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Farmer outboxes Diaz and wins a close fight at points

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

First showdown

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Farmar wins. Diaz hasn’t been looking as good recently.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thursday fights, DAZN has really figured the US audience out. Won’t be long and they’ll have 400K US subscribers again.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Honestly the only semi highlight of this card offering along with Roman v Akhmadaliev from DAZN. I see they're rolling out the YouTube "fights" again. I figure by the time Andrade makes it to the ring for his 70-1 favorite title defense most will be off to bed seeing that it's a worknight in the States. Farmer v Diaz could be a decent chess match..or it could be a snoozer . I think Farmer takes it on the cards.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm really looking forward to Farmer/ Diaz and Roman/ Akhmadaliev. Especially the Roman fight, I think it will be an action packed war.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tevin Farmer on growing up in Philadelphia: 'That was my own personal Olympics'

Tevin Farmer didn’t know Lakers legend Kobe Bryant and he didn’t follow his career all that closely. But in the 48 hours since the basketball Hall of Famer died with his daughter, Gianna, and seven other people in a tragic helicopter accident in Calabasas, California, he’s read about him plenty.

Like Bryant, Farmer was born in Philadelphia in a city that seems to breed some of the toughest fighters the game has known.

Farmer doesn’t think it’s all that coincidental he shares both a birthplace and a reputation for toughness and steely resolve with the NBA’s fourth all-time leading scorer.

“I do think we produce tougher guys in Philadelphia than you see coming out of other places,” said Farmer, who will defend his IBF super featherweight title against 2012 U.S. Olympian Joseph “JoJo” Diaz Jr. on Thursday (9 p.m. ET, DAZN) in Miami.

“The city we grew up in was rough, and you would get tested a lot. If you make it out of there, you have a chance to be great because of everything you have to overcome.”

Farmer’s challenges went far beyond his environment. He only had 16 fights as an amateur before he turned pro and had no promoter to guide him when he did. He didn’t have a manager to pick the best fights or move him correctly. He fought three weight classes above where he belonged, because he didn’t have a nutritionist to show him the science behind cutting weight and eating for success.

“I took some Ls, but I was learning on the job,” he said. “I didn’t even start fighting until I was 19. There was so much I was doing wrong in those early days, but I didn’t know better. It was just learn as you go and figure it out.”

He was 4-3-1 at one point and then 7-4-1 after a loss to Jose Pedraza. There was an interested observer at that fight, though. Lou DiBella promoted Pedraza and put on that card on Oct. 12, 2012, in Saint Charles, Missouri.

DiBella has one of the best eyes for talent in the business, which is why HBO’s “Boxing After Dark” series is still remembered so fondly by those who watched it regularly. DiBella created the series and bought the fights for the network.

On a card in which he was showcasing the attempted comeback of former middleweight champion Jermain Taylor, DiBella spied Farmer.

“I remember watching him and it was clear he was a tremendously gifted boxer,” DiBella said. “He had these losses but it wasn’t because he didn’t have the talent. I said that if I’d grabbed that kid coming out of the amateurs, he’d be undefeated now.”

DiBella grabbed him after the loss to Pedraza, and he’s undefeated since. Farmer has reeled off 24 wins in a row, won a world title and has four successful title defenses.

He’s got a significant fight vs. Diaz, which is being overlooked and on paper looks like the best bout on the show. If he wins, there are a number of significant fights for him.

He told Yahoo Sports that he’d like to fight Gary Russell Jr. if he wins, but DiBella just kind of chuckled at it. It’s not because he doesn’t think Farmer could beat Russell, it’s just the way Russell is.

“Today, he’s saying he wants to fight Gary Russell,” DiBella said. “Yesterday, he wanted to fight Gervonta [Davis]. He wants to fight everybody. He’s a tough, hard-nosed kid and he’s looking for the hardest fights I can give him.”

It’s not that he is looking past Diaz, because he most assuredly is not. They had a war of words on Twitter and Farmer insists he’s primed for a big performance. But he has a desperate need to prove himself and there is no better way to do it in boxing than by facing the elite in a division.

Diaz had an extensive amateur background and won his first bout in the 2012 London Olympics before losing to eventual bronze medalist Lazaro Alvarez of Cuba.

Farmer doesn’t have that kind of experience, but he doesn’t feel he lost out.

“I didn’t get to go to the Olympics but coming out of Philly, fighting some of the toughest guys in the world there, that was my own personal Olympics,” Farmer said. “What I learned there, you can’t learn that anywhere else.

“He’s a good fighter. You have to give him that. I can’t take anything away from him. But I don’t think he has the ability to withstand what I was able to withstand because he didn’t go through what I did. I don’t believe he can match what I can bring because he hasn’t been in those dark, tough places and come out on the other side like I have done.”

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/tev...205849281.html
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

10-9 Roman. Close round.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

1-1.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who cares about these losers, where's Jake paul?............ :S

Just turned it on, the uzbek is apparently favourite. He must be pretty good then as Roman is no plum

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

2-1 Akhmadaliev.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ohh the uzbek is pretty good, some good punches at the start of round four, he took some back though.

Thread Information