Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who wins? Deontay Wilder vs Tyson Fury II 2020年2月22日

Really hard fight to call. Even if the rematch had been immediate, I don't buy that Fury would be fitter or anything, that's not what let him down the first time, his output was good all fight, and to get up in the 12th round proved he was extremely fit. Of course he can win a UD if he doesn't make certain mistakes,just as Wilder can end it if he does. I would agree Fury has seemed distracted and all that, but he was coming off a god knows what bender the first time also.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Wilder needs to be aggressive from the start, he knows he can hurt Fury. I'm not sure if Fury is 100% focused on boxing anymore. And changing trainers may not have been the best idea. I've got Wilder by KO.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury late KO.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wilder says “nervous energy” is behind Fury’s changes ahead of rematch

WBC heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder feels “nervous energy” is behind Tyson Fury’s decision to switch trainers and pile on the pounds ahead of their showdown in Las Vegas

After parting company with Ben Davison, Fury has teamed up with SugarHill Steward to prepare for the eagerly-awaited rematch at the MGM Grand Garden Arena on February 22.

The Briton has also bulked up in preparation to meet the 6ft 7in American again, their last contest during December 2018 ending in a controversial split draw – with Fury having twice hauled himself off the canvas.

Wilder, 34, believes making so many sweeping changes proves Fury knows deep down he has to raise his fight game to another level for their rematch.

“I just think it is nervous energy from the first fight. He can go on and say he beat me by a wide margin, but he honestly does not believe that,” the American said.

“That is why he wants to change up a lot of things, because if he did really believe that, he would not change up so much.

“He would not have changed up from where he trained at, to his trainers, now he is putting his hands in gasoline to try to make them harder. He brought so many people into his camp, there is so much to keep up with all the changes.

“Next he will be going to see a spiritual adviser to ease his mind for what is about to happen to him in his body.

“As fighters, we must do the things we feel which are going to give us confidence. I don’t think his confidence is that high with me because of the state of being I left him in. I gave this man a concussion.”

Wilder added: “When you knock someone out and give them a concussion, you never forget that – and when you go back in the ring with the person who did it again, that has to be stressful. You can’t sleep at night.”

Fury had battled to a unanimous points victory over Swede Otto Wallin during September 2018, but suffered a deep cut to his right eye during the third round.

Wilder feels that contest should have been stopped and the Briton was “saved” because of their scheduled showdown.

The ‘Bronze Bomber’ fully intends to open up Fury’s old wounds when they go head to head in Las Vegas.

“I am definitely looking forward to cutting that eye open again,” Wilder said during a conference call on Tuesday.

“And once it is open, when blood is all in his face – I might get a little bit on me as well, but that is alright, I will embrace it – and then we will see if they are going to keep the fight on because I am already dangerous as is.

“When that eye gets cut open again and he gets blood in his face, then that is going to be up to the doctors and other people to take the protocols for that – because I am coming in for the kill.

“You already know my mannerisms and what I do – I don’t come to play around at all, especially with this fight right here. This is everything to me.

“The Gypsy King is going to get floored – and this time around, he is definitely not getting up.”

Wilder insists his full focus is on Fury – and dismissed suggestions of an imminent showdown with Anthony Joshua, who regained the WBA Super, IBF and WBO titles with a points victory in a rematch with Andy Ruiz Jnr at the end of 2019.

“The coward barely got his titles back, never mind step into the ring with the king,” Wilder said.

“He has been out of the picture. Ain’t nobody talking about him no more, so they don’t need to bring him up.

“We are here right now – February 22. It’s all about Deontay Wilder and Tyson Fury. Other than that nobody is in existence at this moment in time.”

Wilder insists his full focus is on Fury – and dismissed suggestions of an imminent showdown with Anthony Joshua, who regained the WBA Super, IBF and WBO titles with a points victory in a rematch with Andy Ruiz Jnr at the end of 2019.

“The coward barely got his titles back, never mind step into the ring with the king,” Wilder said.

“He has been out of the picture. Ain’t nobody talking about him no more, so they don’t need to bring him up.

“We are here right now – February 22. It’s all about Deontay Wilder and Tyson Fury. Other than that nobody is in existence at this moment in time.”

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/wil...220625716.html
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wilder will win that one late in the right via a stunning K.O. That fight will be all fire, with Fury trying to bully Wilder, but I think that Wilder power and speed combo will prevail in the end.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Think everything aligned for Fury last time and the story was made. how he came back from depression and a ban etc. How he got up in that last round was immense, and it probably took every part of his being to do so.

I thought Wilder was VERY cagey and slow to let his hands go in that fight, and as we see time and again he will just give rounds away waiting to land that perfect shot.

This time he needs to be a bit more gung ho from earlier, knowing that Fury is likely to get up at least once. But I see Wilder finishing the job this time.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm quite certain Wilder will either KO Fury or win by gift decision/robbery.

Fury with his mental problems will probably lose his focus sometime during the fight and get KOed.

If not, American boxers don't lose decisions to foreign boxers in Las Vegas. Wilder will have the judges on his side - so even if he's outboxed by Fury like in the last fight, he will still win the rounds on the judges cards.

There is ZERO chance Fury KOs Wilder - he simply doesn't have the power.
    Last edited by Freedom; 02-15-2020 at 05:51 PM.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Can’t see Fury losing if he’s still standing at the final bell - even in Vegas.

He’s too good a boxer for Wilder and not afraid to win ugly.

Let’s not forget even Audley Harrison was well ahead of Wilder on all 3 scorecards before Wilder landed.
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That was my 8000th post by the way.

I’ll take a short break here and wait for the applause to die down
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    That was my 8000th post by the way.

I’ll take a short break here and wait for the applause to die down

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post

Fury with his mental problems will probably lose his focus sometime during the fight and get KOed.

If not, American boxers don't lose decisions to foreign boxers in Las Vegas. Wilder will have the judges on his side - so even if he's outboxed by Fury like in the last fight, he will still win the rounds on the judges cards.

Nail on the head. The thing is , even though Fury is a better boxer, and will possibly have the better of the fight, how the fuck can he possibly win?
    Appears unlikely to KO Wilder, and will not get the decision.
    He has spoken about going with this new trainer because he’s focussing on a KO which means taking a risk.
    If that’s not just chat, then fair play to him, risky , but having read above, what choice does he have?
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

new trainer and minimal sparring could spell trouble for tyson
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Funny.

You could substitute Canelo's name for Wilder's and insert just about anybody for Fury's and it's just as true.

(Except for the Fury mental problems part).

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

Nail on the head. The thing is , even though Fury is a better boxer, and will possibly have the better of the fight, how the fuck can he possibly win?
    Appears unlikely to KO Wilder, and will not get the decision.
    He has spoken about going with this new trainer because he’s focussing on a KO which means taking a risk.
    If that’s not just chat, then fair play to him, risky , but having read above, what choice does he have?
    Back the fix as a saver, draw or Wilder points, really good odds on bet365

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

tyson just ahead in the poll overall
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Thread Information