937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who wins? Deontay Wilder vs Tyson Fury II 2020年2月22日

I have no words for such shitwittery.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just on thevpassing, found this short interview withbMax Kellerman before the fight where he lays it out.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post

...... and that's with me defending Fury over Wilder. Imagine how'd you feel if I was dumping on Fury. You'd have to double up on your meds.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Never rule anything out in boxing, Tito. That is being objective. The rematch will happen and all questions can and will be answered. People are alwayschigh after a fight. Don't forget Fury was 'done' a fight ago. A new camp, a change of mindset, and things can and do change quickly.

I would say Fury is favorite in a rematch, but Wilder will be a live underdog.

First, the rematch is no sure thing. Let's start there. Questions? I don't know too many more questions left unanswered. Both went into the fight knowing what to expect from the other. Trilogies are sometimes fun and even needed..... but not all the time. Granted, if a 3rd fight occurred, I'd be rooting for Wilder again. But Fury's a smart guy. He's also an emboldened guy. Wilder's right hand was the huge question mark going into the 1st fight. How would Fury react? Question answered. Yes..... Fury is a maddening fighter to follow. He can implode as easily as he can improve. So everything's possible.

But right now I'd be looking at other horizons for the both of them.
    The rematch is in the contract and apparently Wilder wants it.

No doubt Fury will be favorite and fair play if he wins convincingly, but there are some question marks here. For two rounds it was similar to the first fight then following the back of the head/ear club Wilder had the stanky leg kind of Tyson/Williams or Toney/Lebvedev style. He was just surviving and to be fair to him he had no quit in him.

I am all for it if Wilder really wants to go for it. I have not flip flopped on this as I was there in the thread from the off saying 'That doesn't look right'. I thought an ankle or something, but wasn't watching on a good screen. I didn't even realize there was blood gushing from the ear until after and that's when I thought 'Ahh, that's why he couldn't balance'.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Beanz wants to be a wanker? Okay, here goes....

They made a film recently called Parasite about a creepy man who cannot make eye contact who preys on single mothers as he thinks they have lower expectations of the men they are dating as nobody else will touch him with a barge pole. Or was that About a Boy with Hugh Grant? Check it out.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Never rule anything out in boxing, Tito. That is being objective. The rematch will happen and all questions can and will be answered. People are alwayschigh after a fight. Don't forget Fury was 'done' a fight ago. A new camp, a change of mindset, and things can and do change quickly.

First, the rematch is no sure thing. Let's start there. Questions? I don't know too many more questions left unanswered. Both went into the fight knowing what to expect from the other. Trilogies are sometimes fun and even needed..... but not all the time. Granted, if a 3rd fight occurred, I'd be rooting for Wilder again. But Fury's a smart guy. He's also an emboldened guy. Wilder's right hand was the huge question mark going into the 1st fight. How would Fury react? Question answered. Yes..... Fury is a maddening fighter to follow. He can implode as easily as he can improve. So everything's possible.

No doubt Fury will be favorite and fair play if he wins convincingly, but there are some question marks here. For two rounds it was similar to the first fight then following the back of the head/ear club Wilder had the stanky leg kind of Tyson/Williams or Toney/Lebvedev style. He was just surviving and to be fair to him he had no quit in him.

I am all for it if Wilder really wants to go for it. I have not flip flopped on this as I was there in the thread from the off saying 'That doesn't look right'. I thought an ankle or something, but wasn't watching on a good screen. I didn't even realize there was blood gushing from the ear until after and that's when I thought 'Ahh, that's why he couldn't balance'.

For two rounds it was certainly NOT similar to the first fight. I don't recall Fury coming at Wilder like gangbusters in the first two rounds..... hell..... in the first 5 or 6 rounds of their first fight. Here he did. And it worked wonders.

Granted, I think the blood gushing out of Wilder's ear was a clear sign something was terribly wrong. To ignore that is to be foolish.

So Wilder may well want the rematch with Fury. Contracts in boxing are worth about as much as a Beanz post on "the truth"....... so there's no telling if that will ever happen. It's up to Fury, I would guess.

I just think Fury's size will always give Wilder fits, and the added dimension of fear is no longer in Fury's mind.

(Cue Beanz coming in and saying I said Fury is scared of everybody, and has terrible table manners.)

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gypsy King congratulations

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For two rounds it was certainly NOT similar to the first fight. I don't recall Fury coming at Wilder like gangbusters in the first two rounds..... hell..... in the first 5 or 6 rounds of their first fight. Here he did. And it worked wonders.

Granted, I think the blood gushing out of Wilder's ear was a clear sign something was terribly wrong. To ignore that is to be foolish.

So Wilder may well want the rematch with Fury. Contracts in boxing are worth about as much as a Beanz post on "the truth"....... so there's no telling if that will ever happen. It's up to Fury, I would guess.

I just think Fury's size will always give Wilder fits, and the added dimension of fear is no longer in Fury's mind.

(Cue Beanz coming in and saying I said Fury is scared of everybody, and has terrible table manners.)
    I mean similar in that they were close rounds where Fury had the slight edge in punches landed and Wilder landed a few of his own. Sure Fury was coming forward, but even Ortiz was coming forward with smart pressure. It is nothing all that new against Wilder who generally eases through early rounds against riskier fighters.

It only became genuinely different following the discombobulated ear incident. Now for me it was a genuinely different fight from that point on. Wilder was not right. It happens, I mean I think Fury was hit with an awkward looking one with the first KD last time too, but thankfully not so bad.

One more time. I think Fury is up for it and will be sky high and if Wilder wants to let it all go then why not? Only Wilder genuinely knows what went wrong and if he wants a rematch then it suggests he knows things can be done differently. It couldn't have been much worse so expect a better showing next time. 😮

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Agreed that Fury dominated that fight though. I just think it went tits up (no pun intended) following the odd KD. I hated where the punch landed from the off and the response seemed to indicate as much.

Fury is no power puncher, but you club a man on the ear and back of the head and his senses will be messed up as they are fragile spots. Even if the eardrum wasn't shattered it is rare we see bleeding from the ear like that.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And a final point is that Wilder has no quit in him. I think even with his legs gone, he still saw what Fury was doing and wanted to ride it out. Now I don't think that should have happened as he was damaged and not able to avoid punches as his lower body which is his usual tool was not there, but even in a weakened state he keeps going. There is no Khan style implosion mechanism at work there.

Wilder has a chin, he has a punch, and he can genuinely put Fury to sleep which Fury cannot do to Wilder. For me there is still interest there and seeing a fighter having lost it all try again is part of the fascination.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And a final point is that Wilder has no quit in him. I think even with his legs gone, he still saw what Fury was doing and wanted to ride it out. Now I don't think that should have happened as he was damaged and not able to avoid punches as his lower body which is his usual tool was not there, but even in a weakened state he keeps going. There is no Khan style implosion mechanism at work there.

Wilder has a chin, he has a punch, and he can genuinely put Fury to sleep which Fury cannot do to Wilder. For me there is still interest there and seeing a fighter having lost it all try again is part of the fascination.

For the record, I'll say that if Wilder truly wants the rematch and Fury is up to it..... why not? I'd be rooting for Wilder, but betting on Fury.

Were Wilder to pull it off, it would be a humongous feather in his cap.

But we must think even further ahead. What happens if the rematch doesn't occur, or if Fury beats Wilder yet again. Wilder is certainly not going to quit/retire..... and he's still fully capable of beating the vast majority of HW's out there today.

Do we have to exclude Joshua simply because in some people's minds "Joshua doesn't need him anymore"?

No.

Wilder-Joshua is STILL a fascinating fight to put together, and it's not a done deal that Joshua would necessarily win.

Fury had size, boxing skills, and a chin to bring to the table. Joshua brings power.... but he doesn't tower over Wilder like Fury does..... he's not the boxer Fury is..... and his chin is likely more susceptible than Fury's.

There's other possibilities too. If I was Wilder, I'd want to get back on that horse as quickly as possible. Probably with one tuneup to make sure all cylinders are firing correctly after that beating he absorbed.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have heard he has 30 days to activate the rematch clause. Knowing that and how Fury has a tendency to retire or fight easier fights, I think he will want to go out on his shield. I just think it is similar to how it was. He either hurts Fury or gets outboxed.

It looked opportunistic here to me on Fury's part, but of course you pounce on a hurt fighter and humiliate him. Credit to Fury for doing that. Wilder at 34 is approaching the end though and if he wants glory he has to knock out Fury.

He knows Fury cannot knock him out as Fury stops few proper HW's. So why not? Get it done for the late summer period. If Wilder loses he can retire or finish with a few fights against others. A few losses doesn't mean the complete end. There is dignity in being 100% and losing, but you will always have questions in your head if you lose and you knew it wasn't your best.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

BTW, I appreciate the civility within our conversation. It would be nice if the teenager of the forum would take note.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wilder couldn't beat the Fury coming back after his lay off. He has one weapon and that's what saved him and got him the draw last time.

That's a fight most thought Fury won and yesterday was a comprehensive beating. Fury was well on top and in control before he hurt his ear which may have affected his balance.

I was leaning towards a wilder win as thought he would land. I was way off the mark. A third bout would be just waiting for him to land it. His only chance. If I was him I wouldn't want to go again - unless for the pay day.

Like ruiz let him have a couple of good wins to get back in line - though of course fury wouldn't be obliged then with no clause.

Let it go for now miles and let's have the British unification fight.
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Fury should have got the decision in their first fight which was a robbery. This time a fully prepared Fury will school the one dimensional puncher and leave no doubt who should be the winner.

Fury is saying he will go for the knock out as a ruse to keep Wilder second guessing Tyson's tactics.
    The result was predictable but the manner was very impressive. Wilder was schooled and demolished. A great performance that increased my respect for Fury. The best by any British fighter since Lloyd Honeyghan.

Thread Information