Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Who wins? Deontay Wilder vs Tyson Fury II 2020年2月22日

Who wins? Deontay Wilder vs Tyson Fury II

Last edited by Baal; 02-17-2020 at 10:23 PM.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who wins? Deontay Wilder vs Tyson Fury II 2020年2月22日

Fury should have got the decision in their first fight which was a robbery. This time a fully prepared Fury will school the one dimensional puncher and leave no doubt who should be the winner.

Fury is saying he will go for the knock out as a ruse to keep Wilder second guessing Tyson's tactics.
    Last edited by Master; 01-28-2020 at 09:11 AM.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've gone for Wilder via stoppage, it will only go one of two ways, Wilder stoppage or Fury points, I think everyone is in agreement of that.

Fury needs to keep focused for every second of the 12 rounds, we have seen that Wilder is quite happy to lose round after round whilst just keeping that right hand cocked and ready to land the equalizer, Fury might has risen from the ashes last time Wilder clobbered him but if Wilder lands a big punch the chances are Fury won't be lucky enough to beat the count next time.

I'm hoping for a Fury win and will be cheering him on.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yep only 2 outcomes to this one as said.

I’m a big Fury fan and will be nervous as hell the full 36 minutes as that Wilder bomb can land we know that. That’s his only way of winning as Fury is too skilled not to get the UD.

Hope Fury is in proper shape and hope that cut is ok. If that opens early against Wilder he’s fucked.
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The promotion for this is SHIT.
    It's gonna do fuck all in PPV numbers because no one outside of boxing knows it's happening.
    The second presser yesterday was arranged in a panic only a few days ago and wasn't even broadcast live in the US.
    It's getting hardly any press in the UK and it's 3 odd weeks away?
    This could have and should have been absolutely huge especially after the first fight was so full of drama.
    Claims by all involved that this will be able to compete PPV numbers wise with AJ v Ruiz 2 are fucking ludicrous.

Fight wise there's not alot Fury can do differently and Wilder just has to land a bomb.

Got a feeling Wilder will win by KO this time round.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

After the first fight, I would have said Fury easily. It should stand to reason. He should only improve , get fitter, etc.
    But I’m not sure I’m not sure how well Fury has prepared. From the outside , it looks like there’s been a lot of distractions and the trainer change and all that.
    Not sure what to make of it really.
    Deep down I honestly think both fighters are more concerned about not losing too badly. Because as long as they don’t , you can bet your bottom dollar that there’ll be a 3rd fight.
    The Heavyweight division is a complete load of bullshit.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It doesn't help that the HW's talk more than all the other divisions combined. They've become the soap opera of boxing. Most of the lower divisions just fight, and leave the talking to others.

I noticed this even when Freedom was maintaining the HW division thread up to date. It was 99% talking and 1% doing.

Having characters like Fury and Wilder in the division doesn't help with that.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

'LET’S HAVE A LOOK' Tyson Fury jokingly asks to see Deontay Wilder’s ‘masculinity’ as he continues to dominate mind games before February rematch

Tyson Fury asked to see Deontay Wilder’s masculinity after calling the WBC heavyweight champion a ‘p***y’ before their eagerly anticipated rematch.

The heavyweights are headed for a blockbuster sequel on February 22 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, with the press conferences already providing fans with plenty of entertainment.

And Fury was once again on sparkling form at a media event in Los Angeles, jokingly insisting he wanted to see Wilder’s manhood before the rematch next month.

When asked by the interviewer if he ‘questioned’ Wilder’s masculinity, Fury simply stated: “I’m not sure, I’ve never seen it.

“But I’m all ears and all eyes! If you’re willing then I’m willing – let’s have a look.”

The controversial nature of their draw in December 2018 left fans clamouring for a second fight the instant the final bell sounded in the Staples Center.

But the boxing world has been forced to wait until now to see if Fury can repeat his heroics and climb off the canvas if needs be to outbox or even finish the unbeaten 34-year-old.

However, the Brit was more than respectful of the Alabama-native and his devastating KO power.

“Even if I hate this guy, I got to respect that,” added Fury. “He’s had 10 defences, beaten Lennox Lewis and Mike Tyson and all these guys’ records defending the belt.

“He’s done a fantastic job here in the United States, holding his title and defending it regularly – so congratulations to the guy.

“I’ve got nothing – I can’t take anything from him. He’s a great puncher and he gets the job done.”

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/6...ruary-rematch/

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

fury has to remain focused for the entire fight, one lapse in concentration could spell a quick end. fury will box and spoil his way to a points win
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was just going to post the title myself, beaten to it, well done.

In my humble opinion Wilder could not box kippers (apologies to people who don't know English phrases). If Tyson and his trainer (new) have an ounce of sense they will stick him on the end of a quick jab and win all 12 rounds. They will need to do this because inevitably the WBC appointed judge will give it a draw, whatever the true outcome. On bet365 you can get 10/1 for Wilder on points or 22/1 for the draw, in case the fix is well and truly in. So you could have an even money big bet on Fury, and cover it with 10 percent of the bet on a fix.

Sorry to sit on the fence again

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wilder explodes his right hand on Fury's chin at some point

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Wilder probably gets to him at some point but I'm going Fury on points. Just can't find anything I like about Wilder apart from the right hand. Can't bring myself to pick him.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Deontay Wilder stands on doorstep of boxing immortality after staving off suicide as a teenager

He clutched the gun and let his mind wander, to think of how much better things would be if he just squeezed the trigger. He’d eliminate the pain, the fears, the worries, the heartaches.

It would all be gone, wiped away in an instant.

Easy.

Deontay Wilder was years from being a household name. He was a poor young man with an abiding belief that he was meant to do something in this life, something meaningful, something wonderful. He struggled to navigate the world in front of him, though, unable to understand why he hurt so much.

Why was it his daughter who had been born with spina bifida? Why wasn’t he going to be able to support his family the way he wanted to do, to be the father, the son, the husband, the brother that he wanted to be?

Life came hard and fast, and Wilder didn’t really know how to handle it. Emotions swirled and trouble lurked, seemingly, at every corner.

Pull that trigger, he believed, and the anxiety, the doubt, the fears would be gone forever.

Boom.

As close as he may have coming to making that fateful press of the trigger, he knew that taking his own life was not that answer, that ending his own life would simply have been swapping one set of problems for another.

“You don’t think about what affect it would cause for your family, your daughter, your kids and so forth and so on,” Wilder said during a wide-ranging half-hour conversation with Yahoo Sports to promote his Feb. 22 rematch with Tyson Fury at the MGM Grand Garden in Las Vegas for the WBC and lineal heavyweight titles.

“In that state of mind, you just become selfish. You think of the inner pain and the outer pain that you’re feeling right at that very moment in time.”

His daughter, Naieya, was born in 2005 with spina bifida, a birth defect that about 2,000 children are born with in the U.S. every year. The backbone that forms the spine doesn’t close all the way and leads to mental and physical problems for the unborn child, but more than 90 percent of the children born with it are able to lead full, long lives.

But Wilder was a teenager and he didn’t understand any of that when Naieya was born in 2005. He was attending junior college in Alabama and knew that his life would change in an instant. Whatever dreams and aspirations he had for his own life would have to be shelved, as he needed to find a way to pay for what were sure to be mounting medical bills.

He didn’t know much about spina bifida, but he knew enough about the American health care system to understand he was about to be flooded with bills.

He didn’t pull the trigger and take his own life and transfer his problems to someone else because, well, he is a fighter. He didn’t know how, but he knew he’d find a way to deal with the situation.

All of his life, Wilder had been blessed with an amazing work ethic. He’d held a slew of jobs, as a waiter, as a truck driver, and was willing to do whatever he needed to provide for his loved ones.

While he searched for answers, something inside told him that he was destined to be special, that he was meant to do great things.

“If I would have done that during that period of time, of course I’d never be where I am,” Wilder said.

He’s become a millionaire many times over and on Feb. 22, will earn a paycheck that will soar into the eight figures when he fights Fury in a rematch of their classic Dec. 1, 2018 bout. That fight is memorable primarily because of the stunning ending.

Wilder is one of the hardest punchers in boxing history. Fury’s former trainer, Ben Davison, told Yahoo Sports following Wilder’s seventh-round knockout of Luis Ortiz in Las Vegas that he felt there was never a better puncher than Wilder.

“He’s the biggest puncher not just in heavyweight history, but in boxing history,” Davison told Yahoo Sports in November.

Davison was in Fury’s corner watching in the 12th round on Dec. 1, 2018, when Wilder hit Fury with a blinding combination. The impact of the punches on Fury’s head sounded like a slugger in a slow-pitch softball game connecting square with a big swing.

Fury went down, his eyes rolled up in his head and referee Jack Reiss, for some reason, began to count. In the event of knockdowns like that, particularly those coming late in a fight and against a puncher with the reputation that Wilder has, the referee would simply wave the fight off without a count and urgently summon the doctor to provide the fallen boxer support.

The crowd rose as one as Fury hit the deck like a redwood tree that had taken one too many whacks from an axe.

Wilder celebrated what seemed like the defining moment of his career. His corner celebrated giddily. Fury’s team watched in horror, their dreams shattered before them in the blink of an eye.

Reiss stood over Fury’s motionless body and tolled the count … three, four, five.

Suddenly, Fury blinked, his eyes opened and he somehow managed to drag his 6-foot-9 frame off the canvas.

He finished the final moments of the fight giving as good as he got.

That he did that, that he did not in that moment become Wilder knockout victim No. 40, is the reason the eyes of the sporting world will be on that familiar ring in Las Vegas on Feb. 22.

The day that he sat in Alabama, gripping a gun, mulling the possibilities of taking his own life, he could not have known any of this, how it would turn out. He only knew that he hurt and he needed to find a way to get rid of the pain.

He didn’t give in, though. He found a way.

His way was to go to a boxing gym, though there is no logical reason why. Boxing isn’t big in Alabama and he wasn’t an avid fan. He was 19 and had never fought before. He had this sense that was the path he should take, and he was showing unnatural power in his earliest days in the gym.

Just three years after he staved off suicide and decided to try to chase greatness in a boxing ring, he was standing on the podium in Beijing, China, a bronze medal around his neck.

He was the only American to win a boxing medal that year in what has been called the worst U.S. team ever. The guy who at 19 was thinking of suicide was at 22 an Olympic medalist. The Bronze Bomber was born, and the course of his life, and boxing history, was changed.

He was too big of a long shot ever to be taken seriously and yet, there he was, on the podium and on his way to greatness.

His story is about unpredictability: Never give up, because there is no better proof of what can happen than Deontay Leshun Wilder, a 34-year-old Alabaman with a 42-0-1 record and 41 knockouts, the WBC heavyweight title and an Olympic medal. Yet, for all his accomplishments in the ring, his biggest and most significant victory came when the world at large had never heard his name.

He had that gun in his hand. He thought of squeezing the trigger and snuffing out all of his problems with a bang.

He did not, though. He believed in himself. He knew he was destined for greatness.

And now, he finds himself on the doorstep of immortality in his chosen profession.

“If I could have seen myself being the champion, having millions of dollars in the bank, having a successful career and life, of course we would have never thought [of committing suicide],” he said with a grin. “ … But that’s the thing about life, though. It comes in all types of ways. It’s up to you to be able to handle it.”

Life came at Deontay Wilder and there was a time it had him wobbling, on the ropes, on the verge of going out.

As he has done time and again, though, Wilder won this fight. He won it by knockout. And he hopes that his story provides a beacon of hope for others.

It’s what he calls, “my service to my greatness.” He’s won even before he’s stepped in the ring, and millions of others who are struggling with despair and doubt and who feel they’re being consumed by problems can look at him and see themselves.

He was once one of them, so beset by problems he got a gun.

He realized in the nick of time, though, that suicide wasn’t the answer. The same thing is true of Tyson Fury, whose battles with depression are well known. Fury once drove his sports car at a high rate of speed and planned to wreck it to take his own life.

When that bell sounds on Feb. 22 to begin their fight, the ding will be the start of the championship.

It’s also the sound of survival.

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/deo...161620135.html

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I really think they’ve collectively botched the redo and let easy momentum pass the build right by. Begrudgingly I have come to the conclusion that Wilder sparks him clean out early. Now I know I watched Fury box his ears silly but Fury has messed around and become mentally fat again, he just comes off tired and the whole talk about ring center is as transparent as a window. Wilder is a walking thesaurus on mistakes a boxers can make and he got away with every one for 12 rounds. Fury has to be picture perfect and can afford to make zero in rematch. I honestly wouldn’t be shocked to see it pick right up where it left off but I also know Fury won the late rounds and I wouldn’t have even scored the 9th 10-8.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think like many that it is a Fury decision or Wilder KO. Wilder has given up on winning rounds or relying on judges and Fury cannot afford to get sloppy and walk his man down. I think it will be a bit like the first fight except it could finish early or be even wider. Probably somewhere in-between like last time.

Thread Information