1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who wins? Deontay Wilder vs Tyson Fury II 2020年2月22日

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    I am about to re-watch too and maybe change my mind, but might not. It all depends on what I see.

As for Beanz. Well Spicoli, all I did was respond to his aggression with a reference to him being like Hugh Grant who went on to pull a very good looking Jewish woman in a film. I was mild.

These ring intros are so camp. You would never see Prime Tyson doing any of this throne or Sauron business.

Good for you setting the record straight, Miles. Gotta call a spade a spade, and that spade continues to reappear even after the deck of cards has been tossed in a drawer.

As for Fury-Wilder, I will continue disagreeing with you and say that Wilder has nothing to bring to the table against Fury. Case closed.

Although......... the thought of being on the same side of the argument with "whatshisface" is almost enough to make me reconsider.
    Grow up. You remind me of a character on the Steve Wright show who was forever threatening to throw the phone down. (:

Never seen the Steve Wright show, so the comparison is lost on me.

Good to see it's still You Against the World, though.
    Nobody has seen it. It was on the radio in the 1980s (:
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    I am about to re-watch too and maybe change my mind, but might not. It all depends on what I see.

As for Beanz. Well Spicoli, all I did was respond to his aggression with a reference to him being like Hugh Grant who went on to pull a very good looking Jewish woman in a film. I was mild.

These ring intros are so camp. You would never see Prime Tyson doing any of this throne or Sauron business.

Good for you setting the record straight, Miles. Gotta call a spade a spade, and that spade continues to reappear even after the deck of cards has been tossed in a drawer.

As for Fury-Wilder, I will continue disagreeing with you and say that Wilder has nothing to bring to the table against Fury. Case closed.

Although......... the thought of being on the same side of the argument with "whatshisface" is almost enough to make me reconsider.
    Right tossed in the drawer.

Someone hits you... you hit back. Special privileges be damned.
    Nothing and no one special here brother . @Beanz @Tito seriously take the revolving spats back off the boxing main page or take a break. Cheers
    What? Thought you were better than that. Please do not equate me saying 'beyond stupid' with four posters lining up to suggest dating or being a single mother, or having aspergers is some kind of sickness, as they line up to stick the boot in and ignore the boxing to get personal. I have absolutely nothing to apologise for.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nothing and no one special here brother . @Beanz @Tito seriously take the revolving spats back off the boxing main page or take a break. Cheers
    What? Thought you were better than that. Please do not equate me saying 'beyond stupid' with four posters lining up to suggest dating or being a single mother, or having aspergers is some kind of sickness, as they line up to stick the boot in and ignore the boxing to get personal. I have absolutely nothing to apologise for.
    @Spicoli You can listen to his sob story all you like, but I would refer you to another thread on the main board where @Beanz is continuing to make aggressive personal attacks and he has been sending abusive neg comments to several posters as well including me. So please keep in mind that he is trolling people and being generally abusive too.

So, I think you were correct to call him out and as you can see Tito had the decency to say Cheers and Beanz is the one protesting.

And all this because I did give credit to Fury, but think Wilder was wrong? All I said was that he was like a character in a film who hunts single mothers. Hugh Grant has a nice accent. It is a step up, he should be flattered.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have no words for such shitwittery.
    Beanz do not lie. It all started with this amazing contribution to the thread. All I was doing was making a few observations on a fight and you couldn't control yourself. You had to reduce the tone to ESB level language with your own personal vendetta. You had no politeness and could have just pointed out why I was wrong, but no. It was just typical loutish, thuggery in a thread where everyone was getting on. Isn't that a good thing when that is happening? I was saying funny things, just observing things, and just hanging with my boxing crew and you lowered it man.

So, you have tried to twist it, but that is where it started.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have no words for such shitwittery.
    Beanz do not lie. It all started with this amazing contribution to the thread. All I was doing was making a few observations on a fight and you couldn't control yourself. You had to reduce the tone to ESB level language with your own personal vendetta. You had no politeness and could have just pointed out why I was wrong, but no. It was just typical loutish, thuggery in a thread where everyone was getting on. Isn't that a good thing when that is happening? I was saying funny things, just observing things, and just hanging with my boxing crew and you lowered it man.

So, you have tried to twist it, but that is where it started.

Pay no mind, Miles. He's already been told to keep his shit off the boxing boards, as should we. If he persists, that's his goddamn problem.

Let's get back to discussing how it's too bad Wilder will never get a crack at Joshua now that he's lost so devastatingly to Fury.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well brother sorry to disappoint ya there but I get that once in a while, so goes life . Not asking for or needing an apology mate. Simply the few of you appreciate the front board for the many here when it comes to a boxing thread for a classic and reframe from letting the churning daily slap fight arguments spill over into it as is known to happen, as simple as that yeh. Cheers

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well brother sorry to disappoint ya there but I get that once in a while, so goes life . Not asking for or needing an apology mate. Simply the few of you appreciate the front board for the many here when it comes to a boxing thread for a classic and reframe from letting the churning daily slap fight arguments spill over into it as is known to happen, as simple as that yeh. Cheers

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I will give deontay credit for taking those shots and getting up. No doubt he was pummeled. I was actually scared for the guy. He was inviting shots. I do get nervous watching fights at times only because I’ve seen the aftermath of TBI and I thought that fight went on too long. Deontays team I’m sure was hoping for that magic shot but it was one of those fights I was home alone watching and was on me feet yelling at the TV to stop the frickin fight. Maybe I was overreacting because I’m more used to watching fights on my phone now and seeing it on a 60” screen was throwing me off but I had a bad feeling. Wtf why were his hands down the entire fight. I watched it twice so far. Might watch it again but if I see fury lick that blood one more time I might puke. Deontay got beat good and I would have had so much more respect for him if he had tilted his hat to fury. A buddy of mine sent me a vid of fury being interviewed about overcoming his mental health issues, I think it was an interview with Joe Regan. Has that been posted here yet? I assumed it was so I didn’t bother linking it, I’ll see if I can find it. Anyway it was a hell of a fight just became a little tough to watch when it got to the point of no return and fury could unload at will.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don’t think I said anything bad in this run spics but I’m going to say sorry since you said cheers, we don’t say that enough in the US, sorry and cheers

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wilder had his hands down because he was exhausted. His legs were like jelly and he was taking a systematic beating round after round.

If they have an immediate 3rd fight Fury will end it sooner.
    Last edited by Master; 02-26-2020 at 10:28 AM.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Wilder had his hands down because he was exhausted. His legs were like jelly and he was taking a systematic beating round after round.

Right, he couldn’t defend himself although he seemed to have his hands down early anyway. I mean watching it were you concerned it should have been called earlier. I can never say 100% what will happen next fight but I would certainly be leaning towards fury. But I was seriously in fear for wilder at points in that fight
    Last edited by Master; 02-26-2020 at 10:28 AM.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post

Right, he couldn’t defend himself although he seemed to have his hands down early anyway. I mean watching it were you concerned it should have been called earlier. I can never say 100% what will happen next fight but I would certainly be leaning towards fury. But I was seriously in fear for wilder at points in that fight
    Nope, I was calling for Fury to KO him up until the point it was stopped, I thought they got it just right to be honest, HW boxing generally consists of fighters who are 6ft 4+ throwing bombs at each other, you can't stop a fight every time someone is wobbled out of fear of what "might" happen, if it gets to the point where they are seriously not defending themselves or are taking far too many big shots without reply then definitely jump in, I think if they would have stopped it earlier then you would have had 99% of Wilder fans claiming it was premature, the fix was in, Wilder would have KO'd him if it wasn't stopped etc etc.

I think it was a good stoppage.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post

Nope, I was calling for Fury to KO him up until the point it was stopped, I thought they got it just right to be honest, HW boxing generally consists of fighters who are 6ft 4+ throwing bombs at each other, you can't stop a fight every time someone is wobbled out of fear of what "might" happen, if it gets to the point where they are seriously not defending themselves or are taking far too many big shots without reply then definitely jump in, I think if they would have stopped it earlier then you would have had 99% of Wilder fans claiming it was premature, the fix was in, Wilder would have KO'd him if it wasn't stopped etc etc.

I think it was a good stoppage.
    Ok I can understand that Batman. Like I said it’s the first fight I watched on my 60” TV usually I’m on my phone. To me I think it could have reasonably been called earlier but I see your point.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Deontay Wilder has been medically suspended by the Nevada State Athletic Commission after his defeat by Tyson Fury.

The American was under the cosh from the very first bell as Fury lived up to his promise to attack and put his opponent on the back foot – managing to drop the ‘Bronze Bomber’ twice.

Wilder was pulled from the fight in the seventh round by trainer Mark Breland with blood gushing from his ear and lip and with a knockout seemingly inevitable.

Such was the alarming flow of the stream of claret from the left ear of the ‘Bronze Bomber’, there was speculation he could have perforated his eardrum after a clubbing right hand dropped him in the third.

It was later confirmed he just required seven stitches inside the ear to stem the flow of blood, although the NSAC have confirmed Wilder will still be unable to even spar in the state until April 8 and cannot fight until April 23.

Given it is merely a six-week suspension; this has not prevented the former WBC heavyweight champion from invoking his rematch clause for a third fight with Fury.

Whoever lost in Sin City had 30 days in which to trigger a clause which gave them a 40/60 split of the third bout purse, with Wilder confirming on Monday he intended to seek a trilogy fight.

Initially, the rubber match was set for July 18 in Las Vegas, although Fury’s co-promoter Frank Warren has admitted this could now be pushed back until September or October and held at the new Las Vegas Raiders’ 72,000-seater stadium.

Whenever the legacy-defining clash takes place, Wilder will be sure to head to the ring with a far lighter costume after blaming his 40lbs outfit for the defeat as it drained his legs.

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/6...trilogy-fight/
    Mark Breland should be given a medal and thanked. Wilder blaming a costume speaks to much more development he needs to address. Still though the saddest sight was how they kept a camera on him slumped on his chair with his kids and wife at his feet for what felt like an hour. He said nothing, just sat there crushed and for a guy who supposedly had a ruptured eardrum and concussed very dangerous to not get him medical right off. If he goes immediate rematch I fear he may go the way of a Briggs.

He's gone and sacked the only bloke on his team that has a clue. He's going to be no different in the third fight and Fury will just bulldoze him again. He will be a little different. He knows Fury is coming at him this time so he has a chance to prepare for that style but it won't do him any good. He looked shocked in the first round towards the end when Fury landed a couple of stiff jabs and Wilder realised he was coming after him and not scared of his right hand.

Wilder is 34. He's not going to change any between now and his next fight. He'll be trying everything he can to get a ref who won't let Fury clinch and rough him up and that's probably the best chance he's got of lasting long enough to get a big right hand in. He's not going to recover mentally in time for the fight either. Right now he's outright delusional about why he lost and how easy it'll be to come back form the loss and with a bunch of yes men around him that isn't going to change either. Fury will be better next time and Wilder will be worse.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tyson Fury had ‘all the injuries’ before Deontay Wilder fight, reveals trainer

Tyson Fury went into his world heavyweight title triumph over Deontay Wilder with ankles that were “all messed up” according to trainer SugarHill Steward, who gave the American’s excuse of being hindered by his ring walk costume short shrift.

Wilder blamed his poor performance in last Sunday’s WBC heavyweight title contest on wearing a 40-pound costume to the ring to celebrate Black History Month, which he claimed drained his legs of all energy after wearing it for close to an hour.

The additional three stone of attire, lights and batteries took its toll on Wilder, and he claimed his performance was heavily hindered by the outfit after only trying it on the night before the Las Vegas bout.

But Fury’s camp have laughed off the excuse after watching their man stop Wilder in the seventh round when the towel was thrown in from his corner, and trainer Steward – son of the legendary Manny Steward – claimed that Fury had far bigger issues to overcome in the bout after suffering injuries in the build up to Sunday’s bout.

“We had injuries in camp,” Steward told ESPN. “Tyson hurt his ankles, they were all messed up – they have pictures of that – he suffered a cut in training camp.”

Fury also had to worry about reopening the brutal cut above his eye that he suffered in his victory over Otto Wallin, which resulted in the Briton recruiting renowned cut man Jacob ‘Stitch’ Duran to look after the scar tissue during the Wilder rematch.

“Tyson Fury wasn't even getting hit to the head in training camp,” added Steward. “I think in the beginning of training camp, his elbow or shoulder was hurt. He was spotted limping at the UFC (event) so Tyson Fury's the one with all the injuries."

Fury drafted Steward alongside Andy Lee in to replace Ben Davison for the Wilder rematch, having left the first bout in Los Angeles with a split-decision draw that convinced him he needed a new approach to stop the American.

The change of tactic paid off for 31-year-old Fury, with Wilder hitting the canvas twice before co-trainer Mark Breland pulled him out of the fight by throwing in the towel against his wishes.

But Fury may be on the lookout for a new trainer once again, with Steward hinting after Sunday’s bout that he is considering retirement from the professional game.

“I think I am going to retire after this fight, there is nothing else for me to do,” Steward told BT Sport. “I am going to go home and train amateurs after this fight. Bring up some more champions.”

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/tys...103300278.html
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information