Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who wins? Deontay Wilder vs Tyson Fury II 2020年2月22日

I'm not sure about Fury's tactics that more weight will absorb Wilder's heavy punches? The closer we get to this fight and having watched the first fight again i'm leaning more to Wilder. Fury out-boxed him last time, but still got caught twice, i have a nasty feeling if he gets caught just once by Wilder in this fight he won't beat the count. Fury must land big in the first few rounds or face and ugly ending.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The world heavyweight boxers come face-to-face again ahead of their rematch on Saturday for tonight’s weigh-in, which is due to start at 3pm local time in Las Vegas. That’s an 11pm start time here in the UK.

In their first bout back in December 2018, Wilder weighed-in lighter and leaner than Fury, registering 212 ½ pounds on the scales compared to Fury’s 256 ½ pounds.

Still, that was Fury’s lightest since returning to the ring, but we can expect a heavier weight today having switched trainers from Ben Davison to SugarHill Steward.

Extra weight would provide added protection to Wilder’s fierce right hand, and Fury boasts some of the best footwork in the business.

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/wil...081700939.html
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wilder will target eye in rematch

Deontay Wilder told Tyson Fury "we know your secrets" ahead of their rematch as the heavyweight world champion aims to expose a cut the challenger sustained in his last fight.

The highly-anticipated second bout appeared to be in danger of being delayed when Fury suffered a deep cut during the third round of his points win over Otto Wallin in September.

Fury later claimed he needed 40 stitches for the wound and it was noted by Wilder that he wore sunglasses during Wednesday's news conference.

The Briton's cutman Jacob 'Stitch' Duran has since revealed Fury has had mesh web inserted into the soft tissue above his eye but stressed "it won't be an issue" in Las Vegas on Saturday.

However, Wilder believes the problem is more serious than Fury or his camp are letting on.

"That's definitely something that I'm targeting," he said.

"When a fighter has a wound that, we feel, is not all the way healed - no matter what he says - because as a fighter being in here, as a veteran being in the game, you see so many different things and you can acknowledge a lot of things and you know.

"It's like him coming to the press conference, he changed up something. He wore a hood and he wore glasses. He's covering up something. Fury, we know your secrets. We know what's going on.

"That was just one of those things where he was just trying to cover up.

"He didn't want me to see how severe the cut was. You hear all the rumours as well that he didn't allow his sparring partners to hit him in the face, they just did body sparring and different things like that.

"That just shows a strong indication that something happened in that camp, something happened with his eye.

"Credit to him, he's a warrior, he's still coming, he's still trying to cover it up and come Saturday night is going to be ready to show up and present himself as, what he calls himself, the lineal champion."

Wilder will be denied the chance to have a closer inspection of Fury's eye on Friday as the traditional pre-fight face-off at the weigh-in has been cancelled after the pair confronted each other on stage on Wednesday.

WBC champion Wilder, whose record stands at 42 wins and one draw from his 43 fights, will be hoping to make the 11th successful defence of his title.

The only time he did not emerge victorious was in the original meeting with Fury back in December which ended in a contentious draw.

Of Fury's 30 fights, that was the only bout he has not won too.

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/fur...082933972.html
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

watched part 2 of the Fury documentary last night on ITV.

Cut aside you forget how bad Fury was in his last fight. His dad watching back home was fuming knowing he was weight drained and boxing the worst he'd ever seen him box.

The scene at breakfast the morning of the fight when Fury tells the team he's well under his ideal weight it's like they're baffled.

It's proven that the better the opponent then then the better Fury performs though so let's hope this is the case.

He's going to have to survive at least one bomb............
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Furys trainer is now saying he's not 100% fit.
    He doesn't say what or why though.
    Could be mind games?

https://www.foxsports.com.au/boxing/...50afe8a2356ed8

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was going to stick a couple of quid on Wilder to KO Fury between the 4th and 6th rounds, I just couldn't bring myself to do it, mainly because I don't wanna see the big oaf lose but also out of respect for Ross, I wonder what that mad bastard is up to these days, I'll bet he's got front row tickets for the fight.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

fury will use the excuse that he wanted to come in heavier, it will be a lie
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    I was going to stick a couple of quid on Wilder to KO Fury between the 4th and 6th rounds, I just couldn't bring myself to do it, mainly because I don't wanna see the big oaf lose but also out of respect for Ross, I wonder what that mad bastard is up to these days, I'll bet he's got front row tickets for the fight.
    I bloody hope he has. That would be brilliant.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks to everyone who voted

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

deontay 231, tyson 273. wilder looks in great condition. starting to question my pick
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Didn't realize Wilder was coming in with added weight also and looks all muscle. Something tells me it's not in his legs. Can't imagine it'll benefit what is already on and off stamina especially for a guy who wings the majority from left field and doesn't have the best balance doing so. Really wondering if Fury may well try to glue himself to Wilders chest wrestling like a circus bear early to wear him down a bit.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Didn't realize Wilder was coming in with added weight also and looks all muscle. Something tells me it's not in his legs. Can't imagine it'll benefit what is already on and off stamina especially for a guy who wings the majority from left field and doesn't have the best balance doing so. Really wondering if Fury may well try to glue himself to Wilders chest wrestling like a circus bear early to wear him down a bit.
    his career heaviest

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    his career heaviest
    Looks like it yeh. I might be overthinking it. Would be interesting if Fury tried to smother rather than on the tip of the tnt. How often does Wilder even work the body let alone count on the backfoot to pull off and away for short punches. Then again the last time I saw Tyson that tight winging uppercuts he managed to punch himself right between the eyes .

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    his career heaviest
    Looks like it yeh. I might be overthinking it. Would be interesting if Fury tried to smother rather than on the tip of the tnt. How often does Wilder even work the body let alone count on the backfoot to pull off and away for short punches. Then again the last time I saw Tyson that tight winging uppercuts he managed to punch himself right between the eyes .
    i'm worried about tyson's activity, both guys risk gassing

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I’m won’t be surprised for either fighter to win. I’m thinking Wilder gets him though. I don’t think Fury’s mind is in it. I could be wrong though

Thread Information