Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who are the better up-and-coming heavyweights that could become future champions?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Who are the better up-and-coming heavyweights that could become future champions?

There's only two that really impress me: Daniel Dubois and Felip Hrgovic.

Is there anyone else? Perhaps Bakhodir Jalolov or Frank Sanchez?

Mahammadrasul Majidov who KOed Joshua in amateurs is good but he turned pro too late. Same with Romanov, who KOed Wilder in the amateurs.

Petar Milas was doing well with two wins over former world title challengers in 2018, but has no meaningful fights since.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who are the better up-and-coming heavyweights that could become future champions?

Majidov aka the Lion seems to be the one people are talking about.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who are the better up-and-coming heavyweights that could become future champions?

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    Majidov aka the Lion seems to be the one people are talking about.
    But he's already age 33 with just 2 pro fights.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I’m not overly impressed by any up and coming HW. The main one I would say is Ajagba only because he has really good length and good power. He might be able to pull a Wilder and get by on that.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post

Mahammadrasul Majidov who KOed Joshua in amateurs is good but he turned pro too late. Same with Romanov, who KOed Wilder in the amateurs.

Petar Milas was doing well with two wins over former world title challengers in 2018, but has no meaningful fights since.
    I want to see George Arias in a good scrap. Also, what happend to Ugonoh? After Breazealle outlasted him he faded. lolol... then there is the tubby Polish guy, Kownacki. We have a good crop of HW's out here now. The division is watchable again, sorta like the mid to late 90's again.

Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Vladyslav Sirenko
    Peter Kadiru
    Sonny Conto
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've seen a few of these - all still raw which is fair enough at this stage so may be 18 months or so before we have an idea who might rise to the top.

I wasn't impressed with Fury at an early stage, nor Joshua nor Wilder......

A long time since I've seen someone come along who you think will be the real deal
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post

I want to see George Arias in a good scrap. Also, what happend to Ugonoh? After Breazealle outlasted him he faded. lolol... then there is the tubby Polish guy, Kownacki. We have a good crop of HW's out here now. The division is watchable again, sorta like the mid to late 90's again.

I'd say it's more a "competitive" crop rather than good. It's still maybe the weakest division in the sport as a whole, but we seem to have potential for actual competitive and interesting match ups. Rather than Wlad and then everybody else as we had for many years and the division was stagnant.

We now have an interesting "top 3", followed by 5-6 decent contenders.....and then a nice array of unknowns next.

Dubois is going along nicely and Ajagba seems to have the right attributes. Just have to wait and see how they progress but I wouldn't say they are really shaking things up yet. Not overly familiar with most others mentioned in here so will have to look out for them.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TonnnnUK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post

I'd say it's more a "competitive" crop rather than good. It's still maybe the weakest division in the sport as a whole, but we seem to have potential for actual competitive and interesting match ups. Rather than Wlad and then everybody else as we had for many years and the division was stagnant.

We now have an interesting "top 3", followed by 5-6 decent contenders.....and then a nice array of unknowns next.

Dubois is going along nicely and Ajagba seems to have the right attributes. Just have to wait and see how they progress but I wouldn't say they are really shaking things up yet. Not overly familiar with most others mentioned in here so will have to look out for them.
    Welcome to the forum TonnnnUK.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Top Rank are looking to co-promote Yoka.
    They live, We sleep

Vibesin Don Guest

Filip Hrgovic
    Viktor Vykhryst
    Arslanbek Makhmudov
    Vladyskav Sirenko
    Mahommedrasul Majidov
    Ivan Dychko

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

justis huni
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Felip Hrgovic
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    justis huni
    justis is supposed to be fighting paull gallen in june. paul is a former league player turned boxer. paul has beaten mark hunt of ufc fame & big daddy in his last two fights. this should go rounds & is good prep for justis leading into the tokyo olympics
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

justis huni
    justis is supposed to be fighting paull gallen in june. paul is a former league player turned boxer. paul has beaten mark hunt of ufc fame & big daddy in his last two fights. this should go rounds & is good prep for justis leading into the tokyo olympics

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Thread Information