Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Who are the better up-and-coming heavyweights that could become future champions?

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    9,349
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    530
    Cool Clicks

    Default Who are the better up-and-coming heavyweights that could become future champions?

    There's only two that really impress me: Daniel Dubois and Felip Hrgovic.

    Is there anyone else? Perhaps Bakhodir Jalolov or Frank Sanchez?

    Mahammadrasul Majidov who KOed Joshua in amateurs is good but he turned pro too late. Same with Romanov, who KOed Wilder in the amateurs.

    Petar Milas was doing well with two wins over former world title challengers in 2018, but has no meaningful fights since.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    19,064
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1620
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Who are the better up-and-coming heavyweights that could become future champions?

    Majidov aka the Lion seems to be the one people are talking about.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    9,349
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    530
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Who are the better up-and-coming heavyweights that could become future champions?

    Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    Majidov aka the Lion seems to be the one people are talking about.
    But he's already age 33 with just 2 pro fights.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    4,188
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    398
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Who are the better up-and-coming heavyweights that could become future champions?

    I’m not overly impressed by any up and coming HW. The main one I would say is Ajagba only because he has really good length and good power. He might be able to pull a Wilder and get by on that.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    4,835
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    525
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Who are the better up-and-coming heavyweights that could become future champions?

    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    There's only two that really impress me: Daniel Dubois and Felip Hrgovic.

    Is there anyone else? Perhaps Bakhodir Jalolov or Frank Sanchez?

    Mahammadrasul Majidov who KOed Joshua in amateurs is good but he turned pro too late. Same with Romanov, who KOed Wilder in the amateurs.

    Petar Milas was doing well with two wins over former world title challengers in 2018, but has no meaningful fights since.
    I want to see George Arias in a good scrap. Also, what happend to Ugonoh? After Breazealle outlasted him he faded. lolol... then there is the tubby Polish guy, Kownacki. We have a good crop of HW's out here now. The division is watchable again, sorta like the mid to late 90's again.

    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

    Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    7,284
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    269
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Who are the better up-and-coming heavyweights that could become future champions?

    Vladyslav Sirenko
    Peter Kadiru
    Sonny Conto
    They live, We sleep

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Leeds, UK
    Posts
    8,101
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1575
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Who are the better up-and-coming heavyweights that could become future champions?

    I've seen a few of these - all still raw which is fair enough at this stage so may be 18 months or so before we have an idea who might rise to the top.

    I wasn't impressed with Fury at an early stage, nor Joshua nor Wilder......

    A long time since I've seen someone come along who you think will be the real deal
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Who are the better up-and-coming heavyweights that could become future champions?

    Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    There's only two that really impress me: Daniel Dubois and Felip Hrgovic.

    Is there anyone else? Perhaps Bakhodir Jalolov or Frank Sanchez?

    Mahammadrasul Majidov who KOed Joshua in amateurs is good but he turned pro too late. Same with Romanov, who KOed Wilder in the amateurs.

    Petar Milas was doing well with two wins over former world title challengers in 2018, but has no meaningful fights since.
    I want to see George Arias in a good scrap. Also, what happend to Ugonoh? After Breazealle outlasted him he faded. lolol... then there is the tubby Polish guy, Kownacki. We have a good crop of HW's out here now. The division is watchable again, sorta like the mid to late 90's again.

    I'd say it's more a "competitive" crop rather than good. It's still maybe the weakest division in the sport as a whole, but we seem to have potential for actual competitive and interesting match ups. Rather than Wlad and then everybody else as we had for many years and the division was stagnant.

    We now have an interesting "top 3", followed by 5-6 decent contenders.....and then a nice array of unknowns next.

    Dubois is going along nicely and Ajagba seems to have the right attributes. Just have to wait and see how they progress but I wouldn't say they are really shaking things up yet. Not overly familiar with most others mentioned in here so will have to look out for them.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    7,284
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    269
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Who are the better up-and-coming heavyweights that could become future champions?

    Quote Originally Posted by TonnnnUK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    There's only two that really impress me: Daniel Dubois and Felip Hrgovic.

    Is there anyone else? Perhaps Bakhodir Jalolov or Frank Sanchez?

    Mahammadrasul Majidov who KOed Joshua in amateurs is good but he turned pro too late. Same with Romanov, who KOed Wilder in the amateurs.

    Petar Milas was doing well with two wins over former world title challengers in 2018, but has no meaningful fights since.
    I want to see George Arias in a good scrap. Also, what happend to Ugonoh? After Breazealle outlasted him he faded. lolol... then there is the tubby Polish guy, Kownacki. We have a good crop of HW's out here now. The division is watchable again, sorta like the mid to late 90's again.

    I'd say it's more a "competitive" crop rather than good. It's still maybe the weakest division in the sport as a whole, but we seem to have potential for actual competitive and interesting match ups. Rather than Wlad and then everybody else as we had for many years and the division was stagnant.

    We now have an interesting "top 3", followed by 5-6 decent contenders.....and then a nice array of unknowns next.

    Dubois is going along nicely and Ajagba seems to have the right attributes. Just have to wait and see how they progress but I wouldn't say they are really shaking things up yet. Not overly familiar with most others mentioned in here so will have to look out for them.
    Welcome to the forum TonnnnUK.
    They live, We sleep

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    7,284
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    269
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Who are the better up-and-coming heavyweights that could become future champions?

    Top Rank are looking to co-promote Yoka.
    They live, We sleep

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Nike's Back to the Future trainers 'coming soon'
    By smashup in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-10-2015, 02:20 AM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-21-2011, 06:32 PM
  3. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-01-2010, 03:10 AM
  4. Replies: 39
    Last Post: 10-18-2007, 11:45 AM
  5. Up and Coming Heavyweights
    By dickilad90 in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-27-2006, 05:37 AM

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2019 Saddo Boxing - Boxing