Here's a question that I've always wanted to ask...& I guess it's kind of a multi question question...but it still comes down to the same basic point:

DO THE FANS NO LONGER HAVE THE SAME RESPECT FOR BOXING OR IT'S FIGHTERS AS OUR PREDESSECORS?

By that I mean this...back in "the big time of boxing" there were fans that seemed to get behind their fighters more. People seemingly latched their hearts on to fighters years ago. People cried when their fighter lost...but they often held them up & still supported them.

Quite often on our joint here...I see a lot of people jump ship the moment their man loses. Now don't get me wrong...I'm not pointing the finger at everyone...really I'm not...but we do get a lot of new members on the site that almost seem to just come on & bash a fighter into the ground. One is Jeff Lacy of course...but that's not the point that I am trying to make...or maybe it is.

Errrrrrrrr...back to the point.

What has indeed happened to the undying loyalty & respect for boxers?

People rip apart the ones that are technically gifted & undefeated, they applaud the ones that are human stains, & often they hinge their hopes on fighters that are champions but unproven against high caliber opponents.

What is going on? Talk to me people. I'm just curious.