Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Andy Ruiz vs. Luis Ortiz

Andy Ruiz Jr knocks Luis Ortiz down three times in unanimous decision win

Former world heavyweight champion Andy Ruiz Jr knocked Luis Ortiz down three times en route to a unanimous decision win in their WBC title eliminator.

The 32-year-old American, who is of Mexican heritage, dropped Ortiz twice in round two before putting the Cuban, 43, down again in the seventh.

Ruiz now hopes to face fellow former champion Deontay Wilder, who was ringside in Los Angeles, California.

"I want to be champion again and bring that belt back to Mexico," he said.

Ruiz shocked Anthony Joshua to take his IBF, WBO and WBA titles in June 2019, before the Briton reclaimed the belts in their rematch that December.

Ruiz has since beaten Chris Arreola and now Ortiz, with two of the judges scoring the contest 114-111 in Ruiz's favour, the other 113-112.

"I thought I did a beautiful job boxing and countering," he said. "I thought I showed some different class than I usually do instead of just pressuring him and going forward."

Ruiz now holds a record of 35 wins from 37 fights while it was the third loss of Ortiz's professional career, with the previous two both coming against former WBC champion Wilder.

Ortiz called for a third fight against Wilder but he faces Robert Helenius next month in his first bout since suffering successive defeats by current WBC champion Tyson Fury. Wilder also has the same promoter as Ruiz, Al Haymon.

"He can make this fight happen so let's do it, let's get it on," said Ruiz.

Wilder added: "We're always looking for great exciting fights we love to give the fans.

"So if that's what is lined up next, I've got to handle business and after that, we can get it on."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/62792159
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ortiz outboxed Ruiz for the majority of the rounds but the knock-downs cost him winning the bout.

Ruiz landed effective right hands but overall did not press enough to capitalise on the knock downs.

The second knock down should not have counted. The scores were close so do not know if that made a difference.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ANDY RUIZ JR secured victory over Luis Ortiz thanks to his three knockdowns - as the close scorecards are revealed.

Ortiz was dropped twice in round two and then again in the seventh but boxed on to hear the final bell.

Ruiz actually took his foot off the gas in the rounds after flooring the Cuban veteran in Los Angeles.

Following the 12 completed rounds, Zachary Young and Eddie Hernandez Sr's scorecards read 111-114 twice in favour of Ruiz.

And Fernando Villarreal had it 112-113 to the Mexican-American, 32, meaning the verdict was unanimous.

But in actual fact, had Ortiz, 43, not had three points docked for being dropped, he would have won on Villarreal's card.

The official had Ortiz winning seven of the 12 rounds, while Young and Hernandez had it even a six apiece.

But the three additional points scored by Ruiz for his knockdowns meant he ran out a winner.

Ortiz ended the fight with a closed eye following a brutal right hand, but now wants a second fight after refusing to retire.

He said: “I want a rematch. I was keeping my hands up but the eyes wasn’t a problem.

“After this do you think I’m done? What do the people want?”

Ruiz has not got back to world title contention since beating Anthony Joshua, 32, in June 2019 but losing the rematch six months later.

Now, he wants to get back to being a busy boxer again and vowed to reign once more.

Ruiz roared: "I do not want to be waiting so long, I want to fight at least three or four times a year.

“I’m ready, I’m hungry man. I want to be champion again, I want to bring that belt back to Mexico.”

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/19707...ds-knockdowns/

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    “I’m ready, I’m hungry man.
    Oh no :S I hope Jimmy Chungs is well stocked

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

edwin de los santos v jose valenzuela

isaac cruz v eduardo ramirez
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Damn, I have to say, that Andy Ruiz and that Luis Ortiz are monsters. Both of them. They delivered and took some deadly shots that would knock out a fucking horse. Damn do they hit hard and have steel chins. What a fucking free swinging exciting fight that was. Props to both of them for dishing out and taking major fucking punishment like a true man. Holy shit. Look at those monster power shots. These are warriors. They fight like the old timers. Holy hell.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    Damn, I have to say, that Andy Ruiz and that Luis Ortiz are monsters. Both of them. They delivered and took some deadly shots that would knock out a fucking horse. Damn do they hit hard and have steel chins. What a fucking free swinging exciting fight that was. Props to both of them for dishing out and taking major fucking punishment like a true man. Holy shit. Look at those monster power shots. These are warriors. They fight like the old timers. Holy hell.
    Ruiz don't hit hard. lolol... You just don't see shit coming. His handspeed is amazing! Never seen a HW with that kind of handspeed. Better than Ali dare say!
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    Ruiz don't hit hard. lolol... You just don't see shit coming. His handspeed is amazing! Never seen a HW with that kind of handspeed. Better than Ali dare say!
    There are plenty of (fat) fighters with faster hands Tony Tubbs and Dokes are examples. Ruiz got beat by Parker and got lucky against AJ. Even Wilder would wipe him out with ease.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There are plenty of (fat) fighters with faster hands Tony Tubbs and Dokes are examples. Ruiz got beat by Parker and got lucky against AJ. Even Wilder would wipe him out with ease.
    Nah. Ruiz beats Wilder. Even if Wilder catches him , which he hasn’t really got the guile to do, Ruiz has got a very good chin.
    And Ruiz would have plenty of success with his hand speed.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Nah. Ruiz beats Wilder. Even if Wilder catches him , which he hasn’t really got the guile to do, Ruiz has got a very good chin.
    And Ruiz would have plenty of success with his hand speed.

To me it depends which Ruiz. Few fighters go to the extremes Ruiz does in terms of fight readiness. He looked like a world-beater in Joshua I. But he can also look like crap.

The world-beater is a tough matchup for Wilder because, exactly... the hand speed and movement.

The crap Ruiz is little more than a punching bag for Wilder.

Having said all that, I think Joshua is a better matchup for Wilder than a world-beater Ruiz.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ruiz got robbed by Parker in Parker's hometown and knocked that fashion model AJ out of seriousness. Made AJ run the second fight and pussy out a win. A Ruiz v Wilder fight I would want to see because we know AJ don't have the balls...

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ruiz got robbed by Parker in Parker's hometown and knocked that fashion model AJ out of seriousness. Made AJ run the second fight and pussy out a win. A Ruiz v Wilder fight I would want to see because we know AJ don't have the balls...
    Fashion model I almost choked on this bakharwadi I am snacking on. Bwahaha that was good. Yeah I think if Wilder The Windmill started helicoptering AJ, it would overwhelm him even if half the shots hit his arms and missed. And that's bad because those windmills are so silly.

If the Ruiz we just saw enters the ring against WIlder or AJ, Ruiz wins.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Many of you are overrating Ruiz. He did not get robbed against Parker and he got lucky against AJ. Fatty could not get in shape for the rematch and AJ did what he was supposed to do when someone can not chase you down. Ruiz is riding off that win against AJ and making serious money.

Joyce, Whyte, Dubois and Parker would beat Ruiz with ease.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Many of you are overrating Ruiz. He did not get robbed against Parker and he got lucky against AJ. Fatty could not get in shape for the rematch and AJ did what he was supposed to do when someone can not chase you down. Ruiz is riding off that win against AJ and making serious money.

hahahahah.... Don't mention Whyte's name in all seriousness. Parker may get ko'd if they fought again. Dubois would be outpointed until he quits, but I give Joyce a shot.

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Big Andy comes in and tip top shape then I don't feel it is overrating him. But if he comes in at 275 lb and up then he is just a mediocre punching bag like he was in the rematch with Joshua.

Maybe Joyce would give him a loss but not the other three guys. But again it depends on how big and he wants to come in through the ring. If he has a burrito under each armpit, then probably all four of those guys could beat him.

Thread Information