Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Andy Ruiz vs. Luis Ortiz

I would have preferred Ruiz vs. Whyte, but this is an interesting heavyweight matchup.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/10965...kin-andy-ruiz/

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Andy Ruiz vs. Luis Ortiz

I think it is a very good fight. Both men have something to prove and an interesting mesh of styles. Ortiz looks the better of the two in terms of form, but has a tendency to get stopped. Interesting one.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

this fight could be finally happening on august thirteenth
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    this fight could be finally happening on august thirteenth
    I dunno if I wanna really see it though. I just don't know...
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is a good matchup to make and hope Ortiz wins. Ruiz should retire.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ruiz was like Neon Leon.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    It is a good matchup to make and hope Ortiz wins. Ruiz should retire.
    i think andy got this
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

5 years too late, typical of boxing. I would've picked Ortiz years ago as he's the better boxer but he's well past his physical prime, Ruiz to KO him mid to late rounds.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Andy's got an 11-year age advantage on Ortiz. Forty-three might not be old for some heavyweights... but against someone as busy and with the hand speed of Ruiz... it's gonna turn out to be ancient.

I honestly give Ortiz very little chance in this one.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Winner paid in hot dogs and foot cream? Man all jokes aside glad toppish guys are getting at it. Hvy division is brewing for someone to be the 'next something' so bad that Fury takes a piss with pseudo retirements every few years it feels. And I'm not sure if Wilder is a aspiring lounge singer, Walmart greeter or active top heavyweight right now. So this isn't so terrible. When is the last time Andy has faced a power punching southpaw? Or any southpaw. Both guys were dropped and in big trouble last time out but steadied the ship for wins. No idea about weight of Ruiz but he almost looked to easy to buzz vs Arreola. Real shame they put this as ppv. Like to see it but zero chance of doling out for that on a Sunday night.

Abner Mares coming back after 4 years . Why. Doing fine on the broadcast really does not need to be in there at all imo.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Winner paid in hot dogs and foot cream? Man all jokes aside glad toppish guys are getting at it. Hvy division is brewing for someone to be the 'next something' so bad that Fury takes a piss with pseudo retirements every few years it feels. And I'm not sure if Wilder is a aspiring lounge singer, Walmart greeter or active top heavyweight right now. So this isn't so terrible. When is the last time Andy has faced a power punching southpaw? Or any southpaw. Both guys were dropped and in big trouble last time out but steadied the ship for wins. No idea about weight of Ruiz but he almost looked to easy to buzz vs Arreola. Real shame they put this as ppv. Like to see it but zero chance of doling out for that on a Sunday night.

Abner Mares coming back after 4 years . Why. Doing fine on the broadcast really does not need to be in there at all imo.
    Nahh, how bout iced molasses cookies? Haha true about Wilder. I agree and was thinking exactly the same thing about the southpaw, he can really rock Ruiz from the other angle tho Andy has a good enough chin to shake off an AJ knockdown like that. Maybe the old cagey veteran has some tricks up his sleeve and it could be fireworks for the first 3 rounds. We could get lucky and get an unexpected Foreman/Lyle out of this. Ortiz will not go away easily.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Andy Ruiz Jr wants to face Deontay Wilder next providing everything goes to plan against Luis Ortiz on September 4. The former unified heavyweight champion last fought in May 2021, returning after one and a half years out of the ring to beat Chris Arreola.

Ruiz Jr picked up the WBA (super), IBF, and WBO heavyweight titles when he shocked the world by stopping Anthony Joshua in June 2019 - before dropping them in his rematch with the Brit six months later.

Coming into the second fight, Ruiz Jr stepped on the scales at a career heaviest weight of 283lb and admitted post-fight that he hadn't been training properly. There were similar issues in his last outing against Chris Arreola but the 'Destroyer' is promising that he is fully committed to his clash with Ortiz.

"I have to get back and work hard. The name is there, the talent is there, and all I have to do is stay disciplined and work hard and have all the right fights on me," Ruiz told FightHype.com.

"I didn't want to take easy fights, so I waited. That's why we're fighting Luis Ortiz because he's a hard-hitting guy, an awkward guy. I'm not underestimating him like my last fight [against Chris Arreola in May] or nothing. We're actually training hard. If I win [against Ortiz], I would want to fight Wilder if he comes out of retirement.

"[Wilder] was kind of saying that he didn't want to, and makes more money outside of the ring than inside the ring. That kind of showed that he doesn't really want to," said Ruiz. "I don't blame him. All the hard work and dedication that he did over the years. He accomplished a lot and was a champion for so many years. I can't blame him. If he wants to enjoy his life without getting hurt, without getting punched in the face.

"He already did it. We all work hard, so we don't have to work hard in life. He already did all the hard work, but so did I. I have enough money to where I don't have to work anymore. We have houses that we're making, and I make money every month.

"I got all these houses, but my dreams are not done. I want that WBC belt. I told my son, 'I'm not going to retire until I have this WBC belt.' Even if I lost again and lost another time, I'm still fighting until I get this belt. I want to stay champion, stay relevant with the WBC belt. Little by little, we're getting there."

Wilder is set to return to action in the Autumn against an in-house fighter from his promotional company PBC. Robert Helenius is expected to be the opponent but that match-up may be in jeopardy as 'The Nordic Nightmare' consults lawyers as he attempts to force his WBA mandatory status and a shot at the winner of Oleksandr Usyk-Joshua II.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...96b5a19f6e6b67

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ANDY RUIZ JR insisted he is not in boxing to look the part as he vowed to win back the world titles the ugly way.

Ruiz shot to stardom in June 2019 when he stunned Anthony Joshua in New York.

But the Mexican-American underdog lost the rematch in Saudi Arabia six months later after ballooning up to 20 STONE.

Ruiz, 32, got back down to 18st 2lb for his comeback fight against Chris Arreola, 41, in May of last year but the win was less than convincing.

Now returning against Luis Ortiz, 43, on September 4, the Snickers-loving heavyweight hinted at piling the pounds back on.

Ruiz said: “This isn’t a weightlifting contest, so I’ve been getting back to what originally made me a champion.

“I’m not here to lose weight or look the part, I just want to be the part."

Ruiz reformed his body under Eddy Reynoso, the coach to Mexican superstar Canelo Alvarez, 32.

But he has now left Reynoso to link up with Alfredo Osuna and insisted he is ready to go the full 12 round distance if needed.

Ruiz added: “I wanted to work with Alfredo Osuna a long time ago, it just wasn’t the right time then.

"He’s used to training for lefty fighters. I feel like this is exactly what I needed for this fight.

"My team is going to bring the best out of me. This might not go the distance, but I’m prepared to go all 12 rounds.

"We’re going to get this victory no matter what on September 4.”

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/19270...s-ortiz-fight/

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Actually think Ruiz is right for coming in a bit heavier than with Arreola. Assuming everything goes right for him and say he manages to get Ortiz out with minimal difficulty..does that say anything as to where Wilders 'best US heavy' status stands? Being inactive is one thing but winless in 3 years with nothing announced ? is running real thin.

Thread Information