Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Canelo vs Saunders

Canelo's probably gonna be calling a press conference to explain to the Coronavirus that he’s the A side and he fights on Cinco de Mayo whether the pandemic likes it or not. He was actually gonna fight the Coronavirus and save the world, but then he'll say it was asking for too much money, so he settled on Saunders.

It’s an interesting fight whenever it happens. I don’t know if Saunders has the discipline to stay in top shape for a postponement, he’ll be eating deep fried roadkill the minute Davison’s back is turned.

A feather-fisted runner more concerned with his escape route than actually dealing damage and even if does try and unload then he's doing it against and iron chinned opponent who has yet to taste the canvas. Expect a UD with a whole lot of crying afterward. Smith would have stayed in the center of the ring looking to throw heat. He would have come to fight and not run and stink up the joint like Saunders will.

But BJS is like Fury in that he raises and lowers his levels according to the fighter. So I'd ignore his previous fights. I do think this is the trickiest fight that can be made for Canelo.

For all the talk about Saunders being "slick" he get's hit a lot. He's not that elusive elite defensive fighter that people think. He has good legs but B and C class fighters land a lot on him and they don't have the hand speed, timing and accuracy that Canelo has.

Saunders has never fought anyone like Canelo.

Canelo has fought movers before.

Canelo will come forward go to to the body, land clean punches and if Saunders runs just to survive and stay away from exchanges he'll be booed to the absolute max. If he actually comes to try to win and fights he'll get stopped.

BJS will have to either invoke the spirit of Muhammed Ali, Sugar Ray Robinson or transform himself into a Mike Tyson, Earnie Shavers, Julian Jackson, Gerald McClellan with a granite chin.

What is most likely to transpire ?
    Last edited by Denilson-The-Comeback; 03-19-2020 at 11:52 AM.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Denilson-The-Comeback View Post

Canelo's probably gonna be calling a press conference to explain to the Coronavirus that he’s the A side and he fights on Cinco de Mayo whether the pandemic likes it or not. He was actually gonna fight the Coronavirus and save the world, but then he'll say it was asking for too much money, so he settled on Saunders.

What is most likely to transpire ?

After Saunders, he'll wait for the pandemic to be on the downside.... take some PEDs (vaccine)..... force the Coronavirus into a 99/1 split..... and take on the depleted version of the virus.

The Coronavirus will still kick his ass, but the judges will award the UD to Canelo. After which the WBC will make a new belt, and crown Canelo the "Virus Beater Champion of the World."

Then he'll be assured he never has to take on any other viruses if he doesn't want to, as his belt is of the "Franchise" variety.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

if anyone can beat corona it's canelo
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Billy Joe Saunders apologises for laughing over coronavirus airline call which saw Josh Taylor and Ben Davison pulled off flight

Billy Joe Saunders has made a public apology after laughing over a suspected coronavirus situation involving one of his friends.

The WBO super-middleweight champion put up a video on Saturday in which he admitted to calling an airline and informing them his friend had been feeling unwell before his flight home from the US.

Saunders claimed the call was serious, not a prank, and it resulted in his friend being pulled off his flight, along with trainer Ben Davison and campmate Josh Taylor who were flying home with him.

Billy Joe had previously been out in American training with Davison, Taylor and the unnamed friend before all boxing events were put on hold as a result of the pandemic.

The 30-year-old said in his video: “Just wanted to clear a couple of issues up that I’ve seen flying around social media today. One of my best mates was in camp with me, supposed to fly back with me yesterday.

“He didn’t fly back because he felt a little bit poorly, woke up this morning feeling in a bit worse position. Anyway he made his decision to go back. I didn’t want him to go back.

“He was going with Ben Davison, who obviously trains me and stablemate Josh Taylor. Anyway they pulled him off the flight once I made them aware.

“When they pulled him off the flight he had his test and thank God he didn’t have coronavirus. Like I say, it’s nothing to be laughed at, a member of my family has just been diagnosed with it in the last 24 hours.

“But once the seriousness was gone and I knew he didn’t have it, then it became a bit of a joke that he missed his flight.

“I’m very embarrassed about laughing about that because amongst friends it’s okay but it’s getting out to the public’s ears. So I just want to apologise to the public if it’s offended you.”

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/6...r-ben-davison/
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Billy Joe Saunders apologises for video advising men how to hit female partners during coronavirus lockdown

British WBO super middleweight champion Billy Joe Saunders has issued an apology after a video emerged of him giving advice to men on how to hit their female partners during the coronavirus lockdown.

Footage showed the 30-year-old working out on a punchbag while talking about how to react if “your old woman is giving you mouth” and “she’s coming at you, spitting a bit of venom in your face”.

The boxer then continued to hit the punchbag while describing how to “hit her on the chin” and then “finish her off”.

Saunders quickly apologised for “offending any women” after a fierce backlash on social media.

“I would never condone domestic violence and if I saw a man touch a woman I would smash him to pieces myself,” Saunders said in a post on Twitter. “Apologies if I offended any women, stay blessed.”

It is the boxer’s second public apology in a fortnight after it was revealed he made a call to an airline, alleging concerns over a potential coronavirus infection, which caused his coach Ben Davison and fellow world champion Josh Taylor to be removed from the flight.

Saunders, who was close to agreeing a multi-million-pound bout against Canelo Alvarez in May before the coronavirus pandemic, has had a long history with controversy and was fined £100,000 by the British Board of Boxing Control after video footage emerged of him appearing to offer a woman drugs in October 2018.

A video showed Saunders offering £150 worth of drugs to the woman to perform a sex act, as well as asking her to punch a passer-by, before driving away.

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/bil...084600712.html

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Saunders is a technically sound, awkward boxer. Nobody ever looks really good against him. He is pretty solid in all respects, but I don't think he has the power to get Alvarez's respect.

Bearing in mind the chin he has shown over the years, Alvarez walks through Saunders, who starts to run and goes into survival mode.

Incant really see any way that Saunders beats Alvarez. It's a pretty poor match up to be honest. Saunders probably couldn't sell out his living room, and Alvarez can pick anyone he likes.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sanchez worried for Golovkin over Alvarez trilogy fight: This one maybe will hurt

Trainer Abel Sanchez is concerned for Gennadiy Golovkin if his former fighter faces Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez again, fearing the Mexican could win by stoppage in a third meeting.

Sanchez was in Golovkin's corner for the previous two bouts between the pair, the first scored a split-decision draw in September 2017 with the rematch a year later resulting in a points win for Alvarez via a majority decision.

After losing for the first time in the paid ranks, GGG decided to make a change to his team, opting to work with Johnathon Banks instead. Since then, he has recorded contrasting victories over Steve Rolls and Sergiy Derevyanchenko.

A lucrative trilogy fight with Alvarez was seemingly lined up for September this year, according to reports, with both now under contract with DAZN.

However, during an appearance on The Pug and Copp Boxing Show for The Athletic, Sanchez revealed he is worried Golovkin may suffer a similar fate to light-heavyweight Sergey Kovalev, who was knocked out by Alvarez in round 11 of their bout in November.

"This one maybe will hurt. Not because I'm not with him, but [it could] hurt because he gets hurt," Sanchez said during the podcast.

"Not only [is the third meeting] the most significant, it's the most dangerous because you're talking about a guy [in Canelo] who is at his peak now and believes he can do the same thing to Gennadiy that he did to Kovalev.

"(Alvarez) baited, baited, baited and waited for that right moment and it was destructive.

"I would hate to see Gennadiy go into that fight - or I would rather not see the fight - than to see Gennadiy succumb to something like that, not being prepared physically and mentally."

Golovkin claimed the vacant IBF middleweight title with a hard-fought points win over Derevyanchenko in New York late last year.

Alvarez, meanwhile, was seemingly set to face Billy Joe Saunders at the start of May, only for the boxing schedule to be shut down by the coronavirus pandemic.

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/san...144948636.html

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Canelo Alvarez plans to quit boxing by 37 and ‘play golf every day’ in retirement

Four-weight world champion Canelo Alvarez has pledged to retire by the time he turns 37 and plans to “play golf every day” in retirement.

The Mexican, seen by many as the world’s best pound-for-pound fighter, began his professional career aged just 15 years old and most recently defeated Russian Sergey Kovalev to clinch the WBO light heavyweight championship.

Alvarez was close to finalising a bout for the WBO super middleweight world title against Britain’s Billy Joe Saunders before the coronavirus pandemic. However, with all boxing bouts currently in limbo, Alvarez admitted that while he is still completely dedicated to the sport, he’s also mapping out a future beyond fighting.

“Boxing is my life,” he told Box Azteca. “My body asks me to fight. I keep training because I love boxing, I train whether I have a fight or not ... 36 years old... for me that’s a good time to retire, 37 years old at the max.”

Alvarez also said he has little desire to stay in the boxing business as a trainer or pundit and instead plans to “dedicate himself to his business and playing golf every day”.

Alvarez turns 30 in July, with a trilogy fight against Gennady Golovkin mooted to take place later in the year if it is deemed safe for sport to return.

The only defeat of his career came against Floyd Mayweather in 2013, however, he has benefited from what many perceive to be favourable judges’ scorecards, notably against Golovkin and Cuban Erislandy Lara.

Alvarez said the key to his continued success, after already taking part in 56 professional bouts, was to always train like he was a teenager starting out in the sport.

“I always have discipline, work ethic, and dedication,” he added. ”The only thing that has changed are my successes, I train every day as if I was a rookie.”

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/can...094400678.html

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    I don't object to the third golovkin fight, the second fight was very close however you had it scored(I think I had draw) and looked like the tables turning, it'd be good for Alvarez to get a clear answer/win out of this, I think the first two were close enough to warrant the third.. And of course they were both pretty entertaining fights which is never a bad thing.. Of course golovkin is getting pretty old now but he's still fit and fought back well v the Ukrainian fellow(i had golovkin winning that). Best not to get upset by whatever belt is or isn't on the line, it makes watching boxing way easier.
    Like most of the fans I had GGG a clear winner in the first fight but I agree the second one was very close, the decision could have gone either way and unlike you I don't want to see them fight again. I think it's unfair, for a past his best Golovkin, to fight against a prime Canelo, steroids and the judges at the same time.
    Last edited by iwng100; 04-25-2020 at 05:30 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by sanatogen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Never thought I'd root for Saunders. First time for everything. It does feel like a patch work slapped together fight and could have done with better build State side for him. But hey it's Canelo and guess they figure his fans will tune in to watch him fight a cold so why bother. Call me crazy but style wise I'd be more interested in a Saunders v Plant .
    Indeed, I'm routing for Saunders for the first time also. He has the engine , smarts, speed, instinct , ability and chin to make this quite the puzzle to be solved.
    I'm with you guys only 50%, I mean I can't root for either one. I just hope they knock out cold each other at the same time.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by iwng100 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    I don't object to the third golovkin fight, the second fight was very close however you had it scored(I think I had draw) and looked like the tables turning, it'd be good for Alvarez to get a clear answer/win out of this, I think the first two were close enough to warrant the third.. And of course they were both pretty entertaining fights which is never a bad thing.. Of course golovkin is getting pretty old now but he's still fit and fought back well v the Ukrainian fellow(i had golovkin winning that). Best not to get upset by whatever belt is or isn't on the line, it makes watching boxing way easier.
    Like most of the fans I had GGG a clear winner in the first fight but I agree the second one was very close, the decision could have gone either way and unlike you I don't want to see them fight again. I think it's unfair, for a past his best Golovkin, to fight against a prime Canelo, steroids and the judges at the same time.
    I think Golovkin will know it will be his last big fight and throw everything at Canelo to win. Which then sets up a 4th fight.....
    Last edited by Master; 04-25-2020 at 04:13 PM.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Canelo Alvarez plans to quit boxing by 37 and ‘play golf every day’ in retirement

Four-weight world champion Canelo Alvarez has pledged to retire by the time he turns 37 and plans to “play golf every day” in retirement.

The Mexican, seen by many as the world’s best pound-for-pound fighter, began his professional career aged just 15 years old and most recently defeated Russian Sergey Kovalev to clinch the WBO light heavyweight championship.

Alvarez was close to finalising a bout for the WBO super middleweight world title against Britain’s Billy Joe Saunders before the coronavirus pandemic. However, with all boxing bouts currently in limbo, Alvarez admitted that while he is still completely dedicated to the sport, he’s also mapping out a future beyond fighting.

“Boxing is my life,” he told Box Azteca. “My body asks me to fight. I keep training because I love boxing, I train whether I have a fight or not ... 36 years old... for me that’s a good time to retire, 37 years old at the max.”

Alvarez also said he has little desire to stay in the boxing business as a trainer or pundit and instead plans to “dedicate himself to his business and playing golf every day”.

Alvarez turns 30 in July, with a trilogy fight against Gennady Golovkin mooted to take place later in the year if it is deemed safe for sport to return.

The only defeat of his career came against Floyd Mayweather in 2013, however, he has benefited from what many perceive to be favourable judges’ scorecards, notably against Golovkin and Cuban Erislandy Lara.

Alvarez said the key to his continued success, after already taking part in 56 professional bouts, was to always train like he was a teenager starting out in the sport.

“I always have discipline, work ethic, and dedication,” he added. ”The only thing that has changed are my successes, I train every day as if I was a rookie.”

Seven years of continued cherry-picking. At some point Team Canelo is bound to slip up.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

Seven years of continued cherry-picking. At some point Team Canelo is bound to slip up.
    as long as he doesn't quit like a bitch
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post

yeh... that could happen

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post

yeh... that could happen
    doubt it

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Thread Information