Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  20
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 43 of 43

Thread: FURY vs Wilder 3?

Share/Bookmark
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    47,919
    Mentioned
    931 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3182
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: FURY vs Wilder 3?

    Quote Originally Posted by nuggetdotcom View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    I want to see it, but he needs to fix his ear and leg first. He has to come in 100% and smash Fury down and I think he has it in him.
    Are you seriously just a wind up merchant? Keeping threads going on what amounted to a no contest? As my starting thread over a week ago Wilder can't box, Fury can. Point now proven emphatically. 7 rounds, 3 judges 21 available, Wilder won 1! He is about as useful as Conor McPaddy against Floyd, another humiliation.
    Happy to win my betting money, would be happy to see a trilogy, lets face it they've worked hard to hype it and good luck payday wise. Joshua is so slow he should avoid the pair of them.
    The first fight was 8-4 to Fury with Fury knocked down twice. Almost knocked out. But yes, I think Fury was the better boxer.

    This fight was one sided, but only properly one sided from the 3rd and there are question marks due to equilibrium issues. Now, I understand many will disagree, but that is my stance and I have never denied that Fury won it convincingly and I have said he deserves credit. He was the better boxer.

    In saying that though, there is a rematch clause and if Wilder believes he was not 100%, then he has the right to accept less money and make the fight happen again. I just don't have an objection to that and applaud a man willing to face a challenge even if it could result in Wilder no longer being in the mix at the top. I have to respect him if he is willing to do that and I wouldn't rule out a 3rd or 4th knockdown from him either and Fury would be favorite.

    Fury is the better boxer, no doubt about it, but boxing is not only about winning rounds as Wilder's career has shown.
    https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWNc_AZewu7AAERwCfLfupUZIJSbzqC MgjXFbc0u9YrZkuInoB

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    4,837
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    525
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: FURY vs Wilder 3?

    Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Rematch clause.

    Surely Wilder has to exercise it end of summer.

    Same thing happens again or does Wilder go down a different route?

    AJ and WILDER missed out on mega paydays but Fury ducked no one.
    Bleh. Don't need to see it again. Wilder got beat. Worse than the first time. He needs to go back to the drawing board. Thanks to the Gypsy King for reminding us that this is a sport with a science, not a bare fisted bash fest!
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

    Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    4,528
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1109
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: FURY vs Wilder 3?

    Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Strange how one loss can be so devastating...bomb squad won’t be yelled for a long time.
    yep. Bubble has well and truly been burst.

    there will no no intimidation now. He's got no skills, he's old, he's just been knocked out by a perceived pillow puncher and his power bounced off a guy who'd been dropped by a cruiserweight.

    The mental strength wilder needs going into a 3rd fury fight exceeds that of what Joshua needed to overcome his demons. Joshua was fighting a guy who had already been beaten by Parker and he was winning the fight before walking onto a punch. Wilder was not in the fight from the start vs fury and there is no blueprint for beating the gypsy king

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    london
    Posts
    5,537
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    752
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: FURY vs Wilder 3?

    Quote Originally Posted by GAME View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Strange how one loss can be so devastating...bomb squad won’t be yelled for a long time.
    yep. Bubble has well and truly been burst.

    there will no no intimidation now. He's got no skills, he's old, he's just been knocked out by a perceived pillow puncher and his power bounced off a guy who'd been dropped by a cruiserweight.

    The mental strength wilder needs going into a 3rd fury fight exceeds that of what Joshua needed to overcome his demons. Joshua was fighting a guy who had already been beaten by Parker and he was winning the fight before walking onto a punch. Wilder was not in the fight from the start vs fury and there is no blueprint for beating the gypsy king
    I’m looking forward to the 3rd fight.

    No more bums for Fury or Wilder anymore..it’s the 3rd fight..then Whyte or AJ.

    Fury needs to stay active and cement his legacy..I want 2-3 years of defending the titles.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    57,555
    Mentioned
    1495 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2733
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: FURY vs Wilder 3?

    Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GAME View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Strange how one loss can be so devastating...bomb squad won’t be yelled for a long time.
    yep. Bubble has well and truly been burst.

    there will no no intimidation now. He's got no skills, he's old, he's just been knocked out by a perceived pillow puncher and his power bounced off a guy who'd been dropped by a cruiserweight.

    The mental strength wilder needs going into a 3rd fury fight exceeds that of what Joshua needed to overcome his demons. Joshua was fighting a guy who had already been beaten by Parker and he was winning the fight before walking onto a punch. Wilder was not in the fight from the start vs fury and there is no blueprint for beating the gypsy king
    I’m looking forward to the 3rd fight.

    No more bums for Fury or Wilder anymore..it’s the 3rd fight..then Whyte or AJ.

    Fury needs to stay active and cement his legacy..I want 2-3 years of defending the titles.
    Fury is the type of fighter that will want the big fights and then retire. No mandatory defences just meaningful fights from now on for him.

    Wilder has asked for the rematch and it should happen in July in the USA.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    57,555
    Mentioned
    1495 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2733
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: FURY vs Wilder 3?

    Deontay Wilder officially triggers rematch clause as Bob Arum identifies potential dates for third fight

    Bob Arum has revealed that Deontay Wilder has officially exercised his rematch clause to fight Tyson Fury for a third time.

    The trilogy will take place in July before the Olympics, the Top Rank promoter has confirmed.

    Fury ripped the WBC world heavyweight title from the American last week in devastating fashion with a seventh-round knockout.

    But despite the damage done in the initial rematch, the Bronze Bomber will go straight into a third fight in his bid for redemption.

    “Wilder’s representatives formally notified us last night that they have accepted the rematch,” Arum told Ringside Reporter Live



    “It’s going to happen in the summer before the Olympics.”

    Arum admitted he was unsure as to whether Wilder will have fully recovered by that point following the bruising, two-knockdown defeat, which saw him suffer a badly-cut ear and lip.

    The Olympics in Tokyo are set to start on 24 July, meaning the weekend before on Saturday 18 July is the latest the fight will occur according to Arum’s schedule.

    In the aftermath of the fight, Wilder listed off a series of excuses for his loss, primarily his ring walk costume, which he claims weighed 40 pounds and sapped energy from his legs.

    “I had no legs,” Wilder said. “I’m surprised I went that long.

    “I had no legs, and I knew I was in for a fight with these legs and the condition I was in. It was crazy. But, you know, again, it’s nobody’s fault but mine.

    “I wore the costume that was that heavy, and I paid the price. I traded the tribute to men and women [for] my title, and you know, as a warrior, I was gonna fight.

    “My job was to fight under any circumstances, as a king, and that’s what I did. And I don’t take nothing back.”

    https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/deo...101400577.html
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    409
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: FURY vs Wilder 3?

    Anyone who wants Deontay to fight a third fight after seeing that is a cold heartless SOB, and I include his team in that. The guy was bleeding from the mouth and ear and will be psychologically crushed and Fury will be the overwhelming favorite in a third fight. It's borderline dangerous. Boxing is risky enough as it is, Deontay apparently made a load of money from this fight and risking your health is not worth if for a few more mil. I think PBC wants a cash out

    A fully fit Tyson Fury was the first elite level opponent Wilder had faced in over 40 fights, and we saw what happened. He doesn't really belong at that level, and he never will.

    But boxing is a business. So he's gonna want to take the 3rd fight. He just made 28 million & that doesn’t include the 50% of all other revenue yet. He will get 40% guaranteed for the 3rd fight. When is he going to make 20-30 million again if he doesn’t take it ? I don’t think he would really care if he lost again. Would you ?

    Taking the immediate rematch secures his family, especially when Arum is saying if he doesn’t take it, the opportunity may not be there to fight Fury again. IMO if he feels like he still has something to prove then he needs to rebuild, which will be the biggest rebuilding job ever but that's the only sensible option. Fire trainers and management or at least hire an Abel Sanchez type trainer who'd help work on inside fight game uppercuts.

    But although I feel he'll sign for the fight, I still think the fight won't happen. In fact I'll be amazed if it happens. A way will be worked out behind the scenes for it not to happen and for Wilder to save face.
    Last edited by Denilson-The-Comeback; 03-01-2020 at 03:04 PM.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Leeds, UK
    Posts
    8,102
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1575
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: FURY vs Wilder 3?

    Question re the trilogy fight.

    Been thinking about this and have no problem at all really with Wilder wanting a rematch if it's a clause in contract. He was champion and he will want to correct that blemish on his record - and let's face it if he doesn't take it now he may never get it. Do I want to see it ? No as I don't believe Wilder can do anything differently and his right hand and a lapse of concentration by Fury is his only chance.

    The draw the year before is what mars this one. Wilder was outclassed for the most part and landed his bomb in round 12 to get out of jail and steal the draw. They've fought 19 rounds and Wilder has been second best in 15-16 of them.

    So I'm guessing this last fight was the start of a brand new title challenge with the same terms. Wilder didn't have to give Fury another shot ? Had they fought each other immediately again without going off and fighting others would there have been a rematch clause still ?

    I'm wondering now why Holyfield never fought Lewis again back in the day after a draw and defeat.

    I don't really know what I'm asking, maybe just ranting.

    Guess I think after a draw and comprehensive defeat Wilder shouldn't be entitled to that clause.

    Bye
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    57,555
    Mentioned
    1495 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2733
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: FURY vs Wilder 3?

    Lewis should have got the decision against Holyfield in their first but the second was closer and warranted a 3rd fight.

    Wilder may never get a chance for the rematch so has to trigger this clause.

    I hope Fury destroys Wilder quicker and can set up the fight with AJ.

    If by some miracle Wilder does win, we then have to have a 4th fight!
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    21,988
    Mentioned
    831 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1054
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: FURY vs Wilder 3?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    Question re the trilogy fight.

    Been thinking about this and have no problem at all really with Wilder wanting a rematch if it's a clause in contract. He was champion and he will want to correct that blemish on his record - and let's face it if he doesn't take it now he may never get it. Do I want to see it ? No as I don't believe Wilder can do anything differently and his right hand and a lapse of concentration by Fury is his only chance.

    The draw the year before is what mars this one. Wilder was outclassed for the most part and landed his bomb in round 12 to get out of jail and steal the draw. They've fought 19 rounds and Wilder has been second best in 15-16 of them.

    So I'm guessing this last fight was the start of a brand new title challenge with the same terms. Wilder didn't have to give Fury another shot ? Had they fought each other immediately again without going off and fighting others would there have been a rematch clause still ?

    I'm wondering now why Holyfield never fought Lewis again back in the day after a draw and defeat.

    I don't really know what I'm asking, maybe just ranting.

    Guess I think after a draw and comprehensive defeat Wilder shouldn't be entitled to that clause.

    Bye

    If it happens it should be here. Ridiculous if not. Wait for Wilder to cry about it if it is suggested though.
    Hidden Content

    "You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me it's a full time job. Now behave yourself..."

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    57,555
    Mentioned
    1495 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2733
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: FURY vs Wilder 3?

    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    Question re the trilogy fight.

    Been thinking about this and have no problem at all really with Wilder wanting a rematch if it's a clause in contract. He was champion and he will want to correct that blemish on his record - and let's face it if he doesn't take it now he may never get it. Do I want to see it ? No as I don't believe Wilder can do anything differently and his right hand and a lapse of concentration by Fury is his only chance.

    The draw the year before is what mars this one. Wilder was outclassed for the most part and landed his bomb in round 12 to get out of jail and steal the draw. They've fought 19 rounds and Wilder has been second best in 15-16 of them.

    So I'm guessing this last fight was the start of a brand new title challenge with the same terms. Wilder didn't have to give Fury another shot ? Had they fought each other immediately again without going off and fighting others would there have been a rematch clause still ?

    I'm wondering now why Holyfield never fought Lewis again back in the day after a draw and defeat.

    I don't really know what I'm asking, maybe just ranting.

    Guess I think after a draw and comprehensive defeat Wilder shouldn't be entitled to that clause.

    Bye

    If it happens it should be here. Ridiculous if not. Wait for Wilder to cry about it if it is suggested though.
    It is in the contract that the rematch must be in the USA.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    21,988
    Mentioned
    831 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1054
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: FURY vs Wilder 3?

    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    Question re the trilogy fight.

    Been thinking about this and have no problem at all really with Wilder wanting a rematch if it's a clause in contract. He was champion and he will want to correct that blemish on his record - and let's face it if he doesn't take it now he may never get it. Do I want to see it ? No as I don't believe Wilder can do anything differently and his right hand and a lapse of concentration by Fury is his only chance.

    The draw the year before is what mars this one. Wilder was outclassed for the most part and landed his bomb in round 12 to get out of jail and steal the draw. They've fought 19 rounds and Wilder has been second best in 15-16 of them.

    So I'm guessing this last fight was the start of a brand new title challenge with the same terms. Wilder didn't have to give Fury another shot ? Had they fought each other immediately again without going off and fighting others would there have been a rematch clause still ?

    I'm wondering now why Holyfield never fought Lewis again back in the day after a draw and defeat.

    I don't really know what I'm asking, maybe just ranting.

    Guess I think after a draw and comprehensive defeat Wilder shouldn't be entitled to that clause.

    Bye

    If it happens it should be here. Ridiculous if not. Wait for Wilder to cry about it if it is suggested though.
    It is in the contract that the rematch must be in the USA.
    What an absolute joke.
    Hidden Content

    "You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me it's a full time job. Now behave yourself..."

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    6,201
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    451
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: FURY vs Wilder 3?

    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    Question re the trilogy fight.

    Been thinking about this and have no problem at all really with Wilder wanting a rematch if it's a clause in contract. He was champion and he will want to correct that blemish on his record - and let's face it if he doesn't take it now he may never get it. Do I want to see it ? No as I don't believe Wilder can do anything differently and his right hand and a lapse of concentration by Fury is his only chance.

    The draw the year before is what mars this one. Wilder was outclassed for the most part and landed his bomb in round 12 to get out of jail and steal the draw. They've fought 19 rounds and Wilder has been second best in 15-16 of them.

    So I'm guessing this last fight was the start of a brand new title challenge with the same terms. Wilder didn't have to give Fury another shot ? Had they fought each other immediately again without going off and fighting others would there have been a rematch clause still ?

    I'm wondering now why Holyfield never fought Lewis again back in the day after a draw and defeat.

    I don't really know what I'm asking, maybe just ranting.

    Guess I think after a draw and comprehensive defeat Wilder shouldn't be entitled to that clause.

    Bye

    If it happens it should be here. Ridiculous if not. Wait for Wilder to cry about it if it is suggested though.
    I don’t think Fury is that bothered about having the fight here because he knows it won’t make as much dough as it does in the states.
    When has anyone bar Hearn/Sky paid a fighter $28M in the U.K. ? Warren’s pockets aren’t deep enough I’m afraid.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Can Fury get the KO v Wilder?
    By ykdadamaja in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 02-23-2020, 12:11 PM
  2. Fury vs Wilder rematch - Wilder signed on
    By sanatogen in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-02-2019, 07:50 PM
  3. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-03-2018, 12:17 AM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-19-2014, 11:22 PM
  5. Wilder vs. Fury.
    By VG_Addict in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-21-2013, 10:04 AM

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2019 Saddo Boxing - Boxing