Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: FURY vs Wilder 3?

2 things.
    1. What will Wilder do differently?
    2. Wilder is 35 years old.
    IF he continues, the rematch is his only choice. He might think of it as his pension fight, 40% of the purse already agreed and ride off into the sunset.
    If Hearn tempts Fury (if they want it.) then Wilder is done. He’s too old to wait around and he’s not gonna earn his way up beating contenders.
    There is a possible curve ball. Hearn may offer Wilder a big money fight with Joshua.
    They could still market it into big money (Wilder wasn’t his best, the ear made all the difference, his baddie ankle, blah, blah.) bullshit sells.
    Why would Hearn do this?
    1. To stop AJ being on the periphery and stay relevant.
    2. Because they fancy the job.
    3. Because they don’t fancy the Fury job. So it puts Fury on the periphery and they hope that with idle time and frustration, Fury self destructs with his “bi-polar mental fragility.”
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wouldn’t surprise me if Hearn went for Wilder and you give some good reasons.

I don’t think AJ believes he can beat Fury. I’m not too sure he can beat a damaged Wilder as he gets caught too often but it’s the easier option if he wants to look like he wants to be considered elite level.
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There is no way AJ will fight Wilder, there is nothing in it for Joshua. No title no honour in the win. AJ would have everything to lose.

Fury would tease AJ for taking the fight and he would be ridiculed for taking poor seconds.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Strange how one loss can be so devastating...bomb squad won’t be yelled for a long time.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    There is no way AJ will fight Wilder, there is nothing in it for Joshua. No title no honour in the win. AJ would have everything to lose.

Fury would tease AJ for taking the fight and he would be ridiculed for taking poor seconds.

That giant whooshing sound we just heard was the sigh of relief from Joshua that he doesn't need to fight Wilder anymore.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

Yep, of course he would. But in the meantime, who would Fury be fighting?
    We all know Fury fights to the level of the guy he’s fighting. He’s not gonna take any risk for relatively shit money . That’s a fact, look at who he fought between Wilder 1 & 2.
    And before you say “Wallin was a risk”, yeah we know that now, but never knew it then .
    And it was only a risk because Fury clearly didn’t prepare well enough or was motivated enough.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Exactly that. He needs the elite level opponents and Joshua aside now who else is there? I know usyk is around and his highly skilled but not sure he's physically equipped to cope with Fury.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Listen to what Tarver says (don't think anyones posted this yet)

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Wilder’s mentality will have him exercise the rematch clause. That being said, I don’t think there is a need at all for a third fight. That wasn’t just a loss the other night, Fury completely and comprehensively dismantled Wilder.

I don’t know how Wilder comes back at this point. He is still a murderous puncher, but he was completely ineffective backing up- that will be trouble for him going forward. Tyson has proven over two fights that he can beat Deontay in a multitude of ways, proving he is the superior fighter.

No need for a third fight, but I’m sure Wilder and his team will force one. Break d should be promoted to head trainer- that was a good time to stop that fight. Head trainer should be fired.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So what’s the deal any news on how bad Deontay was hurt

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He had a cut inside his ear, the eardrum wasn't damaged. His leg is a bullshit excuse. He's going to take the third fight with Fury because it's another massive payday but he already knows he's going to lose. Where he goes from the next loss is open to question, how keen will be be to go back to the drawing board at nearly 35 and with tens of millions of dollars in the bank?

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Antonio Tarver was bang on the money. But why has it taken so long for everyone to come to this conclusion?
    I’m amazed how overboard people go nowadays. 3 day’s ago, Wilder was “the biggest puncher in the history of Heavyweight Boxing!”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Antonio Tarver was bang on the money. But why has it taken so long for everyone to come to this conclusion?
    I’m amazed how overboard people go nowadays. 3 day’s ago, Wilder was “the biggest puncher in the history of Heavyweight Boxing!”
    How the tide has turned.. Check out the volume on this punch from ringside https://twitter.com/i/status/1231473875030024193

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Any 3rd fight is a danger to Wilder's career and future health. There is no way he can beat Tyson Fury, he's simply too big. I thought the extra weight would nullify Fury a little, instead he just sliced and diced Wilder and pushed him around the ring hitting him at will. It was an imposing and lopsided fight, there should be no 3rd fight. But i supect there will be and it could be Wilder's last.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    I want to see it, but he needs to fix his ear and leg first. He has to come in 100% and smash Fury down and I think he has it in him.
    Are you seriously just a wind up merchant? Keeping threads going on what amounted to a no contest? As my starting thread over a week ago Wilder can't box, Fury can. Point now proven emphatically. 7 rounds, 3 judges 21 available, Wilder won 1! He is about as useful as Conor McPaddy against Floyd, another humiliation.
    Happy to win my betting money, would be happy to see a trilogy, lets face it they've worked hard to hype it and good luck payday wise. Joshua is so slow he should avoid the pair of them.

Thread Information