Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
More than a new trainer, which I agree Wilder does need, maybe Wilder should take Big George up on his offer.

https://www.boxingnews24.com/2020/02...-visiting-him/

A lot of wisdom comes from experience. If anyone suffered a catastrophic first loss after being seen as virtually invincible, it was George Foreman.

Wilder needs a little help getting his head straight after that comprehensive beating. Foreman can help with that.

Will Deontay accept the offer? I doubt it. His damaged ego probably won't let him.

But I think he'd benefit from it.

Seems like Wilder is open to the idea.

https://www.boxingnews24.com/2020/03...reman-to-talk/

Good choice. His ego should be put aside and he should be willing to accept whatever positive feedback from anyone who can actually help him.

I don't think Foreman should coach him.... but I think Foreman can help work with his head a little.

Read something about Floyd, too. I'm not so sure that would be a good idea.

Wilder is incapable of totally retooling..... and Floyd is too much of a loose cannon, IMO, to dedicate himself fully to the task of improving Wilder without injecting some of his own ego issues.

For sure Wilder needs to make some serious adjustments and be willing to learn some new skills. But keep it real.
I think the mental aspect is the most telling and the best insight that Foreman could possibly offer. Can't see him coaching or training either as they were both hailed as 'huge punchers' but of very different physical make up and um speeds. Although Foreman was pretty unorthodox in his own way he also knew how to use his size, cross arms and pushing a guy on the shoulders to square them up. Wilder is more single brick and bomb chucker with massive gaps in his ring awareness. First thing..Wilder needs to come down to Earth and climb out of his glass bubble. You're not a super hero with magical powers...you're a tough guy who talks loud and hits hard who can't afford another slip up like that.