Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  11
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Am I the only one who still wants to see Wilder vs Joshua?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Am I the only one who still wants to see Wilder vs Joshua?

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    AJ did avoid Wilder and was more responble for the fight not happening.

The fight has gone now and I can not see them ever facing one another.
    How the fuck do you work that out??
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

I say that because AJ had the power/money/belts/network on his side so could have made a serious enough offer to unify the title if he really wanted it.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wilder may never be the same again a busted eardrum takes some recovery remember he has to take punches to the head also his shield of invincibility has a flaw ! AJ lost but regained his title difference AJ did not take a beating were Wilder did interesting. This moment in time Fury is the man so Fury can call the shots undefeated really you have to say many great fights to be made.!

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    Wilder may never be the same again a busted eardrum takes some recovery remember he has to take punches to the head also his shield of invincibility has a flaw ! AJ lost but regained his title difference AJ did not take a beating were Wilder did interesting. This moment in time Fury is the man so Fury can call the shots undefeated really you have to say many great fights to be made.!

AJ himself may beg to differ.

In any case, I'm reading it may not have been a busted eardrum but a cut inside his ear. Don't know how the hell that happens... but it did.

Still... the beating was wicked, and Wilder needs to take some time off, plus come back with a tuneup.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No matter what either of them does, Wilder Joshua is still a shoot out. Wilder will do what Wilder does and AJ is more susceptible to it. The flip side is that Wilder might get hammered worse than he did against Fury up against a legit super heavy with power.

Always 50/50
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I say that because AJ had the power/money/belts/network on his side so could have made a serious enough offer to unify the title if he really wanted it.
    Nah mate, it doesn’t work like that. Wilder’s demands were a piss take. He was offered 5 TIMES MORE than he had ever earnt.
    When people like you say “just pay him what it takes” , I wonder if you would do that with your money?
    Life ain’t like that.
    None of us like this ”A side, B side” business, but that’s life. Joshua was bringing all the money making to the table and he’s expected to give Wilder more than what he’s worth? Nah.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nah mate, it doesn’t work like that. Wilder’s demands were a piss take. He was offered 5 TIMES MORE than he had ever earnt.
    When people like you say “just pay him what it takes” , I wonder if you would do that with your money?
    Life ain’t like that.
    None of us like this ”A side, B side” business, but that’s life. Joshua was bringing all the money making to the table and he’s expected to give Wilder more than what he’s worth? Nah.
    AJ overpaid to win the title against Charles Martin. Other fighters have had to do it to win titles or unify titles.

The majority of the power was with AJ and if he really wanted to do it he could have become undisputed champion.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Life ain’t like that.
    AJ overpaid to win the title against Charles Martin. Other fighters have had to do it to win titles or unify titles.

The majority of the power was with AJ and if he really wanted to do it he could have become undisputed champion.
    Yes he did. And Eddie said as much and said “we’re not gonna do that every time , now we’ve got the belt , we don’t need to.
    So do you think he should overpay every time? Would you do that in his position? Does Canelo overpay?
    Come on @Master, for fucks sake.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's always the same shit with these fighters.

You've got way more money than you will EVER need in 10 lifetimes..... yet you claim you don't want to overpay..... thus giving you a ready-made excuse not to face X or Y.

Never mind that you've got public opinion weighing in on your decisions, and public perception is after all..... part of the game.

That's bull.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Life ain’t like that.

Yes he did. And Eddie said as much and said “we’re not gonna do that every time , now we’ve got the belt , we don’t need to.
    So do you think he should overpay every time? Would you do that in his position? Does Canelo overpay?
    Come on @Master, for fucks sake.
    If AJ never becomes undisputed champion he has only himself to blame. No matter how much money you have in the bank it does not buy you a legacy in boxing.

No wonder AJ hates Lennox, his criticism hurts.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As Primo said it's easy to say these things. Our perspectives are slightly different. Stick millions of quids in my bank overnight and I'll fight the next guy for fuck all, bring it on. Saying you've got the biggest pile of cash so you should make things happen is a bit too over simplistic. Saying you paid through the nose once, you should do it again is also a bit basic.

Some of us pretend to know the skinny on the Joshua Wilder 'negotiations'. Truth is we don't, it's speculation and nothing more.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not that the truth matters to these clowns (AJ would fight for free if he was a real man) but Lou DiBella was sacked and blacklisted for setting up a meeting between Wilder, Haymon, Finkel and John Skipper (DAZN) to make the AJ fight for a $100 million.

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/6...nthony-joshua/

You saw Saturday night why this geezer has been protected all his career from anyone with a pulse and a dig (under 50).
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    As Primo said it's easy to say these things. Our perspectives are slightly different. Stick millions of quids in my bank overnight and I'll fight the next guy for fuck all, bring it on. Saying you've got the biggest pile of cash so you should make things happen is a bit too over simplistic. Saying you paid through the nose once, you should do it again is also a bit basic.

Some of us pretend to know the skinny on the Joshua Wilder 'negotiations'. Truth is we don't, it's speculation and nothing more.

Yeah... I said as much myself.

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    TBH, any of us claiming Joshua ducked Wilder OR Wilder ducked Joshua is merely speculating...... nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Who gives a shit at this point who ducked who?

I added my thoughts that Fury taking the Wilder fight looked worse for Joshua than it did for Wilder.... but the truth of the matter is nobody knows who ducked who, if there was any ducking at all.

On the financial aspect, sure..... it's a business. Fighters will of course look to maximize their earnings over their lifetimes. But it's also true that at that level, most fighters make more money than they or the future half dozen generations will be able to spend. Of course that doesn't mean they need to fight for free. But once you've dispensed with the "I just want to support my family" aspect of it, is it wrong to expect them to care about their legacy in the history of boxing? Too many on here pretend to be the de facto financial managers of these fighters when in truth they're just as removed from reality as the rest of us are. Why talk about legacies and places in history, if you're just going to squash potential career defining fights with ridiculous offers and squabble over 5 percentage points?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

AJ and Wilder wouldn't have agreed to a fight at any stage. They had plenty of chances to make the fight but neither guy truly wanted it.

it would make sense for wilder to go after AJ now and rebuild himself. He still has a chance of landing his power on AJ and it's a 50-50 fight unlike the afury fight which is pretty much a guaranteed Ko loss.

PBC will probably stick him in with Ruiz if it's not the trilogy with Fury

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was continuous merry go round until Fury came back and threw a spanner in the works.

Now AJ and Wilder have both tasted defeat so their power and standing has diminished. Fury is now the rightful, recognised number 1. He is a rich and MAN took on a rosky fight and came out on top.

The landscape could have been much different is these two, their teams, managers, promoters and tv backing stopped fannying about avoiding the fight for a couple of years.

But all that said, AJ-Wilder is still the most explosive bout in sport and I would deffo want to see it! Now that they are vying for a spot at the top table with Fury, maybe it will just happen!

Thread Information