Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  22
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 53

Thread: Wilder releases statement

Share/Bookmark
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    9,397
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    547
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Wilder releases statement




  2. #32
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    15,367
    Mentioned
    641 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Wilder releases statement

    Fury did a great job pushing down on wilder during the fight. I saw it more than a handful of times. Wlad was good at that to. During the clinches you could see fury leaning into Deontae. I know it’s not legal so to speak but fury was able to get it in without it looking overdone like Klitchko often did. So Deontae knows he is going to be dealing with that but brings up this BS thing as an excuse and says Fury didn’t hurt him? Does he think boxing fans are stupid. I’ll admit I picked Deontae, I thought he might get in a sledgehammer punch but I never disliked Fury and I was glad to see a good fight, I still think all ppv should have much better undercards. I like seeing someone of fury’s background make good. He fought his ass off, the blood licking thing was sceevy but at least he didn’t bite anyone. I say let’s have a third fight, let Deontae wear a 2oz costume if he loses what will his excuse be this time? Who knows he took some killer shots maybe at this point he is actually believing what he is saying. I don’t know how many of you have had serious whacks to the head but they really do distort things quite a bit, sometimes it slow to come back, if it does.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    58,049
    Mentioned
    1517 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2757
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Wilder releases statement

    The ref was not really allowing Fury to use his weight against Wilder that much. As soon as they clinched the ref was in there stopping Fury. The ref was quick to deduct a point against Tyson. Thankfully it did not matter.

    In short, I think the ref was favouring Wilder.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    15,367
    Mentioned
    641 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Wilder releases statement

    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    The ref was not really allowing Fury to use his weight against Wilder that much. As soon as they clinched the ref was in there stopping Fury. The ref was quick to deduct a point against Tyson. Thankfully it did not matter.

    In short, I think the ref was favouring Wilder.
    I think fury got away with it quite a bit.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Gotham/Batcave
    Posts
    5,724
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    387
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Wilder releases statement

    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    The ref was not really allowing Fury to use his weight against Wilder that much. As soon as they clinched the ref was in there stopping Fury. The ref was quick to deduct a point against Tyson. Thankfully it did not matter.

    In short, I think the ref was favouring Wilder.
    I think fury got away with it quite a bit.
    I'm with @Master, you could tell from the first round he was itching to take a point from Fury.

    In all fairness it was a tough one to ref, I'll be he was fucking just as knackered as the fighters after them 7 rounds...probably felt like his shirt weighed 40lbs

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    15,367
    Mentioned
    641 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Wilder releases statement

    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    The ref was not really allowing Fury to use his weight against Wilder that much. As soon as they clinched the ref was in there stopping Fury. The ref was quick to deduct a point against Tyson. Thankfully it did not matter.

    In short, I think the ref was favouring Wilder.
    I think fury got away with it quite a bit.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    15,367
    Mentioned
    641 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Wilder releases statement

    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    The ref was not really allowing Fury to use his weight against Wilder that much. As soon as they clinched the ref was in there stopping Fury. The ref was quick to deduct a point against Tyson. Thankfully it did not matter.

    In short, I think the ref was favouring Wilder.
    I think fury got away with it quite a bit.
    But I’ll also say it was a boxing match so we are just pointing out what we saw. Maybe the truth is in the middle. I’ll say again I picked wilder by KO but I didn’t have a lot of skin in the game. I like wilder and I like fury, wasn’t he like a horrible Nazi racist for a while, I remember people freaking out about him. But I give him big props for that fight. The boy can do some damage. People were saying he was all done not long ago, and I don’t mean just this fight they were calling him done in boxing. Big ups to people who bounce back from the BS talk.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    In my own little Universe
    Posts
    9,294
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1975
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Wilder releases statement


    Fury was excellent.

    His tactics were perfect: Wilder has always been a long range bomber, with a single weapon - that straight right. He was always been tall, rangy and light for a modern heavyweight.

    Fury adjusted superbly and used his lessons from the previous fight well. There is a boxing brain in there.

    He controlled distance, and tempo, thus taking away Deontay's one weapon. He also used his sheer size really well, pushing Wilder back, leaning all over him and bullying him up close. Eventually, he just beat the shit out of Wilder.

    He did this much better than Klitschko or Valuev ever did. It's ironic really, as his usual style is not one that uses his size that well.

    He is the guy who made all the improvements from the last fight. He looks fleshy, tubular and sometimes awkward but Tyson Fury is a genuine fighter down to his core.

    Wilder was ........ well, Wilder.

    In his last few fights, I've noticed he does absolutely nothing except focus on the big straight right. Little movement, negligible jab (though he has a decent jab), no variation and his team did exactly the same thing for this fight. No tactical changes, no surprises and they seemed bereft of ideas or encouragement in the corner when things weren't working.

    The press were finally giving Deontay some respect, but they over egged it. They said he was the most destructive puncher in heavyweight history (fighting journeymen) and that he equalled Ali's title defence record (um, Ali was defending the UNDISPUTED WORLD championship, not a fragmented belt against fringe contenders)

    Wilder is a very good athlete, came to the sport late - just like AJ - not a true hardened fighter.

    Having said that, he was fit, very game, showed a good chin and also that he has heart and balls. The stoppage was the right call, and his subsequent comments have been very ill considered.

    Just imagine what Emanuel Steward could have done with the raw Wilder if he had walked into the Kronk back in the day. A potential 6'7" Tommy Hearns ....
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    409
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    66
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Wilder releases statement

    Quote Originally Posted by shamma View Post
    🤯 Deontay Wilder: “He didn’t hurt me at all, but the simple fact is my uniform was way too heavy for me. I didn’t have no legs from the beginning of the fight… I didn’t think it was going to be that heavy. It weighed 40lbs with the helmet and all the batteries.” [@YahooSports]

    This is from a genuine source...worse excuse I have heard,worse than David Hayes toe!!
    I can imagine Fury reading this and wears Deontay's exact costume for his own ring walk next time and still beats him.

    Imagine at the end of Star Wars, Darth Vader takes his mask off and goes “that was some bullchit. My legs are dead from the costume

    But from what I read this is Deontay's next outfit for his ring walk.



    In Russia there is an idiomatic expression which means that if you are a bad dancer you will blame even your balls. I don't know how to translate it into English and too lazy to google for an English equivalent, but if I were to show an image of this idiom, I'd show Wilder.

    But look at firefighters - Those guys do gruelling exercises with much heavier gear than what Wilder had on.

    Plus his uniform was custom made. He said it in one of the pre-fight specials which aired long before the Friday. So if he is saying he only tried it on the day before the fight he is talking bs.

    I think Beyonce is suffering from a "perforated EGOdrum"
    Last edited by Denilson-The-Comeback; 02-26-2020 at 02:27 PM.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,348
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1707
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Wilder releases statement

    Quote Originally Posted by X View Post

    Fury was excellent.

    His tactics were perfect: Wilder has always been a long range bomber, with a single weapon - that straight right. He was always been tall, rangy and light for a modern heavyweight.

    Fury adjusted superbly and used his lessons from the previous fight well. There is a boxing brain in there.

    He controlled distance, and tempo, thus taking away Deontay's one weapon. He also used his sheer size really well, pushing Wilder back, leaning all over him and bullying him up close. Eventually, he just beat the shit out of Wilder.

    He did this much better than Klitschko or Valuev ever did. It's ironic really, as his usual style is not one that uses his size that well.

    He is the guy who made all the improvements from the last fight. He looks fleshy, tubular and sometimes awkward but Tyson Fury is a genuine fighter down to his core.

    Wilder was ........ well, Wilder.

    In his last few fights, I've noticed he does absolutely nothing except focus on the big straight right. Little movement, negligible jab (though he has a decent jab), no variation and his team did exactly the same thing for this fight. No tactical changes, no surprises and they seemed bereft of ideas or encouragement in the corner when things weren't working.

    The press were finally giving Deontay some respect, but they over egged it. They said he was the most destructive puncher in heavyweight history (fighting journeymen) and that he equalled Ali's title defence record (um, Ali was defending the UNDISPUTED WORLD championship, not a fragmented belt against fringe contenders)

    Wilder is a very good athlete, came to the sport late - just like AJ - not a true hardened fighter.

    Having said that, he was fit, very game, showed a good chin and also that he has heart and balls. The stoppage was the right call, and his subsequent comments have been very ill considered.

    Just imagine what Emanuel Steward could have done with the raw Wilder if he had walked into the Kronk back in the day. A potential 6'7" Tommy Hearns ....

    Fury's style is box office too. He didn't try and fiddle his way to a win. He went out and brought the fight to Wilder and forced him to fight. It was a great heavyweight spectacle, not a great fight because Wilder wasn't at the races. He realised early on Fury was coming after him and his confidence drained. He was fucked by the third and it was just a matter of time then but Fury's new sryle made it fantastic entertainment. I think the third fight will sell more than the second one did. The hardcore boxing fans will all still buy it and casual fans will still have enough belief in Wilder's right hand that they'll figure he has a good chance of winning and buy it. But Fury's new style was responsible for all the buzz this fight has generated. Anybody know what the PPV numbers are for it?

  11. #41
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    1,813
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    89
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Wilder releases statement

    deontay should have been smart & got carried in like tyson
    Apply shame. Apply fame. The crook and the flail.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Leeds, UK
    Posts
    8,154
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1593
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Wilder releases statement

    Fury was a class above last week. He was the better man in the first fight too.

    Had Wilder just said the better man won on the night and he'd had a few problems in training and stuck to that then the rematch clause being taken up would have been fair play - though he's shown nothing in 19 rounds other than his bomb that he can reverse the loss.

    The excuses though now are laughable and making the rematch seem farcical.

    There's only ever been one good excuse for losing a fight and that was Dave's poorly big toe. Fact
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    6,290
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    470
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Wilder releases statement

    https://twitter.com/allofthebelts/st...342453249?s=21
    So this was an interview in 2018. What a complete fucking wanker. So he does “all his training” in a 45Lb vest.
    But having it on for 10 or 15 minutes fucked him up!
    This is cast iron proof that if you talk shit all the time, IT WILL come back and bite you in the ass!
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    22,821
    Mentioned
    848 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1085
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Wilder releases statement

    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    https://twitter.com/allofthebelts/st...342453249?s=21
    So this was an interview in 2018. What a complete fucking wanker. So he does “all his training” in a 45Lb vest.
    But having it on for 10 or 15 minutes fucked him up!
    This is cast iron proof that if you talk shit all the time, IT WILL come back and bite you in the ass!
    Ha! Brilliant
    Hidden Content

    "I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

  15. #45
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    1,813
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    89
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Wilder releases statement

    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    https://twitter.com/allofthebelts/st...342453249?s=21
    So this was an interview in 2018. What a complete fucking wanker. So he does “all his training” in a 45Lb vest.
    But having it on for 10 or 15 minutes fucked him up!
    This is cast iron proof that if you talk shit all the time, IT WILL come back and bite you in the ass!
    to me it sounds like he might be saying four to five pound vest, this was funny
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMYV...ature=youtu.be
    Apply shame. Apply fame. The crook and the flail.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-19-2014, 11:22 PM
  2. Jermain Taylor releases a statement
    By markb018 in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-29-2010, 03:41 AM
  3. Floyd Mayweather Jr., releases new book!
    By SigmaMu in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 06-06-2008, 05:33 PM
  4. PENTEGON RELEASES A BS TAPE SHOWING NO PROOF OF PLANE
    By SalTheButcher in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 05-19-2006, 07:09 PM

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2019 Saddo Boxing - Boxing