Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: They keep forgetting Andy Ruiz... ffs!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: They keep forgetting Andy Ruiz... ffs!

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    In saying that, he does have a lot to prove. He needs to work his way back and show he means it and is not a flash in the pan. That means a year of solid fights meaning wins and then maybe he is back in the picture.
    If he proves he deserves another shot fine. But nothing in his history suggests he is ready for the hard road. Remember, he is a guy that was contemplating retirement a year before the first Joshua fight. He’s a guy who ASKED for his first big break, not a guy who EARNED his first big break. Expecting him to earn things now that he is a wealthy man is like expecting a trust fund duechebag to suddenly understand the plight of the common man. Possible, but far from likely.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Andy Ruiz Jr says he’s ‘ready’ to face Tyson Fury as he shares training clips

Andy Ruiz Jr insists he is ‘ready’ to face Tyson Fury.

The Mexican-American boxer has not fought since losing to Anthony Joshua in Saudi Arabia in December.

During that time, Fury knocked out Deontay Wilder in a pulsating rematch in Las Vegas last month.

And Ruiz Jr has thrown his name into the hat to take on Fury next.

He told PBC Fox: “I think Tyson Fury did an awesome job. He did everything that he had and his ability, his long reach and all that and he’s the man right now.

“I had flashbacks to my fight [with Joshua] on June 1. It was kind of similar, it was in the same round as well so it was pretty crazy but good for Tyson Fury.

“I think Tyson Fury did what he had to do, he stuck to the game plan. I’m pretty sure he could do it again and I could do it too so, if they pick me, I’m here and I’m ready.”

Ruiz Jr admits he thought Wilder would beat Fury though.

He added: “He [Fury] did [use his height advantage] and after that hit in the ear, he never recovered from that.

“His [Wilder] legs were weak, they were wobbly, even other punches that he tried to throw, and they didn’t have a lot of power so I think Tyson Fury did an awesome job.

“I was really shocked because I thought Deontay Wilder was going to win. I just want a shot with Tyson Fury as well.”

On Saturday, Ruiz Jr uploaded a clip of him training in a gym with the caption: “Good morning Instagram, let’s get to these belts. #Nodaysoff.”

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/6...fury-training/
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Andy Ruiz Jr says he’s ‘ready’ to face Tyson Fury as he shares training clips

Andy Ruiz Jr insists he is ‘ready’ to face Tyson Fury.

The Mexican-American boxer has not fought since losing to Anthony Joshua in Saudi Arabia in December.

During that time, Fury knocked out Deontay Wilder in a pulsating rematch in Las Vegas last month.

And Ruiz Jr has thrown his name into the hat to take on Fury next.

He told PBC Fox: “I think Tyson Fury did an awesome job. He did everything that he had and his ability, his long reach and all that and he’s the man right now.

“I had flashbacks to my fight [with Joshua] on June 1. It was kind of similar, it was in the same round as well so it was pretty crazy but good for Tyson Fury.

“I think Tyson Fury did what he had to do, he stuck to the game plan. I’m pretty sure he could do it again and I could do it too so, if they pick me, I’m here and I’m ready.”

Ruiz Jr admits he thought Wilder would beat Fury though.

He added: “He [Fury] did [use his height advantage] and after that hit in the ear, he never recovered from that.

“His [Wilder] legs were weak, they were wobbly, even other punches that he tried to throw, and they didn’t have a lot of power so I think Tyson Fury did an awesome job.

“I was really shocked because I thought Deontay Wilder was going to win. I just want a shot with Tyson Fury as well.”

On Saturday, Ruiz Jr uploaded a clip of him training in a gym with the caption: “Good morning Instagram, let’s get to these belts. #Nodaysoff.”

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/6...fury-training/
    Good for him. Fastest hands in the division. A joy to watch when he puts his combinations together.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've been turning devils advocate on this one. Just a bit. Now I get that Ruiz laid a big egg in the rematch but at the very beginning it struck me odd that he was being slammed for coming in 'so much more out of shape' than first time around. When that's exactly what many fans said when his shirt came off the first time . Hey maybe it's an appearance thing and the fact he resembles a guy wearing a huge misshapen sweat suit that is 4 times to big. Dude has fat flaps. But it's not like he went in and fell down on the first jab or pulled quit jobs prior. For a guy who 'did absolutely nothing' then what does that say about AJ who played freeze tag all night and couldn't even duplicate dropping ol Andy on his big ol derrière. Time will tell and his next out is his most important but so goes the sport that guys get written off quick. He'll have to earn it back and earn respect of fans back but fact remains he pulled one of the biggest upsets in modern history. I just can't get around the weight hub dub. We were fully prepared to welcome in Big Baby as a legit opponent who turned out to be a drug cheat and oddly enough blew up 20 lbs more than once. He was also career high 317 on the doorstep of Joshua having just slopping on 30 lbs over two fights. I dunno guess we'll see if the fire still burns for something other than grilling pork ribs next time he steps in.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

kownacki or arreola could be in his future
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    I've been turning devils advocate on this one. Just a bit. Now I get that Ruiz laid a big egg in the rematch but at the very beginning it struck me odd that he was being slammed for coming in 'so much more out of shape' than first time around. When that's exactly what many fans said when his shirt came off the first time . Hey maybe it's an appearance thing and the fact he resembles a guy wearing a huge misshapen sweat suit that is 4 times to big. Dude has fat flaps. But it's not like he went in and fell down on the first jab or pulled quit jobs prior. For a guy who 'did absolutely nothing' then what does that say about AJ who played freeze tag all night and couldn't even duplicate dropping ol Andy on his big ol derrière. Time will tell and his next out is his most important but so goes the sport that guys get written off quick. He'll have to earn it back and earn respect of fans back but fact remains he pulled one of the biggest upsets in modern history. I just can't get around the weight hub dub. We were fully prepared to welcome in Big Baby as a legit opponent who turned out to be a drug cheat and oddly enough blew up 20 lbs more than once. He was also career high 317 on the doorstep of Joshua having just slopping on 30 lbs over two fights. I dunno guess we'll see if the fire still burns for something other than grilling pork ribs next time he steps in.
    I totally get where you're coming from here. OK he was heavier - guess its easy for a guy that size to have weight massively fluctuate - but AJ fought a different fight and safety first at distance. Ruiz didn't tire at all and maybe it's just because AJ in the first fight went in for the kill, got closer and got tagged. If Ruiz had weighed in exactly the same on the scales we wouldn't have said a thing and been crying out for the rubber match
    Last edited by Mark TKO; 03-05-2020 at 07:39 AM.
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ruiz should fight King Kong Ortiz first, easy fight to make since both are under PBC. The winner gets Fury.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    I totally get where you're coming from here. OK he was heavier - guess its easy for a guy that size to have weight massively fluctuate - but AJ fought a different fight and safety first at distance. Ruiz didn't tire at all and maybe it's just because AJ in the first fight went in for the kill, got closer and got tagged. If Ruiz had weighed in exactly the same on the skills we wouldn't have said a thing and been crying out for the rubber match
    Yeh full credit to Joshua for sure. Stylistically it didn't keep us on the edge of our seats but rematch was a tale of two guys experiencing drastically different results and of the two AJ adapted and overcame. Shed some bulk and proved consistent ring operator. Kept his poise too and no rushes into disaster. Andy did himself no favors running on about a third fight having just had 36 minutes to prove no need for one rather than keeping his hands in his pockets waiting for Joshua to stand still in front. His career or what's left of it will now depend on a sense of urgency.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Wallywal View Post
    Ruiz should fight King Kong Ortiz first, easy fight to make since both are under PBC. The winner gets Fury.
    Welcome to the forum Wally. Be very interesting to see what road Fury takes. Contractually there's Wilder III but realistically he and Joshua back home would be absolutely mental on fight night.

Thread Information