Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Saudi Arabia to bid £400m to host Tyson Fury’s next fight against Wilder or Joshua

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Saudi Arabia to bid £400m to host Tyson Fury’s next fight against Wilder or Joshua

You can guarantee this Will be in Saudi Arabia!!

Saudi Arabia’s royal family are set to bid an outrageous £400m to host Tyson Fury’s next fight after members of the Royal Family were ringside in Las Vegas to watch the Gypsy King’s ruthless win over Deontay Wilder at the weekend.

https://www.thebreakingtimes.com/sau...r-or-joshua-2/

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Saudi Arabia to bid £400m to host Tyson Fury’s next fight against Wilder or Joshu

Well, what the Saudis want... the Saudis get. Such is the state of affairs these days. They got the money, so why not? Formula One..... major concerts..... and now entering the realm of mega-fights.

Personally I don't care where they stage these, unless DAZN is going to monopolize the proceedings.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Saudi Arabia to bid £400m to host Tyson Fury’s next fight against Wilder or Joshu

Well if the Saudis are doing ppv I’m out

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

English fighter v USA fighter - fight in USA - fine
    English fighter v fighter from anywhere else in the work - fight in Saudi - yeah ok
    English fighter v English fighter - fight in Saudi - BOLLOCKS

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wonder if a big chunk of this £400 million could be used to pay Wilder to step aside so Fury v AJ can happen for all the belts?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I know it will happen and the money will dictate it but I'd have a real problem two brits fighting to unify the world heavyweight crown outside of London.

Just not right denying thousands of fans the opportunity to attend such an historic occasion.
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm fucked if I'm going to that airconditioned shithole to watch it.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm tired of Saudi Arabia coming in like some golden snake oil salesman. At least have a viable professional heavyweight or fighters in the mix ffs . We have one day of shouting about gate records being set in Vegas and largest to date for Fury v Wilder, and then Saudi comes in tossing bills around like Adrian Broner in a Popeyes restaraunt bathroom stall. Joshua and AJ belong at home with the fanbase who built the foundations.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It'll be down to the fighters where thet fight, they'd still make a shitload of money if this happened at Wembley Stadium so let's see how much they really are "Men of the people"
    And wanna give back to the UK fans.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    It'll be down to the fighters where thet fight, they'd still make a shitload of money if this happened at Wembley Stadium so let's see how much they really are "Men of the people"
    And wanna give back to the UK fans.
    Just been saying the same thing in the office - the fighter have the power to stop this if it comes to it.

To be honest with the uproar there'd be and how genuine they both seem in that respect (though i don't trust Bazza's son) I can't see it not being at Wembley

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    It'll be down to the fighters where thet fight, they'd still make a shitload of money if this happened at Wembley Stadium so let's see how much they really are "Men of the people" And wanna give back to the UK fans.
    Just been saying the same thing in the office - the fighter have the power to stop this if it comes to it. To be honest with the uproar there'd be and how genuine they both seem in that respect (though i don't trust Bazza's son) I can't see it not being at Wembley
    What would the gate be at Wembley? Ten million? PPV sales would be less if it's in Saudi but not by much. But then you've got four hundred million on offer over there. It's absolutely mad money. They can't not do it.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just been reading what Hearn said saying they could get 5 times the money in Saudi Arabia. Ffs that's crazy.

They'd sell out Wembley easily but it will be nothing next to the Saudi offer. Wish they'd fuck off with their bottomless wallets.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I consider it immoral to fight there.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well there you go. Money trumping everything else in boxing. Thus far the forum by and large has seemed quite content looking only at the $$$ side of boxing, a topic which has always only mildly interested me... basically because I've always been more interested in the actual fights themselves than in "who makes what amount of money". But now it seems to have hit close to home, with two Brits poised to fight for the HW championship..... a historic affair by all accounts..... something to be enjoyed by the British boxing fans.... and in swoop the Saudis to buy the whole kit and caboodle. Go figure.....

Thread Information