Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Drug ban vs Legacy..

Tyson fury was banned from boxing alongside his cousin Hughie in 2015 for Steroids.

Does this ban stain his legacy against other boxers who had losses but never cheated?

Do we start to pretend or act as if there’s levels of cheating and will play it down if it happens to be our favourite boxer?

We need to have a discussion about Boxers who leave the sport and should have an asterisk over their records.

Fury is arguably the best heavyweight at the moment and I favour him over AJ when they fight but why will some fans ignore any shady history over their preferred fighter.

Let’s say for some crazy reason Drug cheat Jarrell Miller ends up fighting Tyson Fury and KO him out in one round..where does that place Miller in the scheme of things?!

How about retired drug cheat Shane Moseley?..there’s plenty more.

I have a feeling someone will post that all fighters are cheating but they haven’t been caught yet..surely that’s unfair?

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Drug ban vs Legacy..

Fury isn't a drug cheat, he just ate boars that hadn't had their bollocks chopped off.
    Canelo isn't a drugs cheat, he was eating Mexican super cows .

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dillian Whyte served a ban as well..loads of cheats.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Very uncomfortable thread because a lot of our heroes are implicated. Do not like to think of them as cheats but they are.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Four of the Ring top 10 heavyweights have served bans for drugs. All peddling the same line of course. It wasn't me guv, it was meat, heart medicine, something that I didn't know was banned. They all want to slide out the side door with this and cop an Alford plea of sorts. You say I'm guilty, I took a year off anyway, I'll go along with that whilst maintaining my innocence yeah? All cool.

It's at the point where we just have to accept it isn't it? Anyone that gets pinged will cloud the waters so much with claims and counter claims that it all becomes a massive shit storm and no one knows what to believe. They disappear for a while and then come back, no harm no foul. Top ten Ring ranked heavyweight thank you very much. Some would even have you believe that they're the victim.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If a mandatory 5 year ban was given then who knows whether Wlad would still be the heavyweight champion right now..why is Miller now back under Bob Arum preparing to make millions.

If you really look deep into it the whole thing is sick..

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Very uncomfortable thread because a lot of our heroes are implicated. Do not like to think of them as cheats but they are.
    But you’re happy to deal with and overlook that level of uncomfort because you like that fighter.

Wrong is wrong.

5 year ban minimum.

Before BJS was caught cheating he was one of my favourite boxers but now he is preparing to fight another cheater in Canelo for a mega payday.

Whilst GGG sits on the sidelines getting old and not cheating but a loss on his record from a former steroid user?!

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    If a mandatory 5 year ban was given then who knows whether Wlad would still be the heavyweight champion right now..why is Miller now back under Bob Arum preparing to make millions.

If you really look deep into it the whole thing is sick..
    Cheating is actively encouraged. OK maybe doing everything possible to gain an unfair advantage is the better wording. From the top to the bottom boxing is complicit and no one will do anything about it. They'll show outrage of course when someone gets popped for peds or when something tragic happens. All the while doing their best to screw the next guy out of anything and everything they possibly can.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Only way to stamp it out is lifetime bans.
    Once one fucker gets caught and they end his/her career through a lifetime ban the others will stop doing it.

Until then nothing will change.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In any sport, if you are proven to have knowingly taken performance enhancing drugs, you should be banned for life.

If you fail a drugs test, but there are extenuating circumstances - is you took an over the counter medication which contained a banned substance, or if your samples were not properly secure,then you should get a 'yellow card'. Two yellow cards should mean a life ban.

This is especially true in a sport like boxing, where your opponent's life could be endangered by your cheating.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think there should be a definite permanent indicator on a fighters record once testing 'dirty'. Second offense rip their license up. The problem is and I don't pretend to know all the particulars and component and supplement questions..do we even have a 100 percent concise and clear listing of what constitutes illegal substances. 'Banned substance' seems like a bit of a gloss over and feels like fighters have grown to hope for that. Benavides lost more..trinket, time and money for sticking some of that bugger sugar up his nose at a party on his time. Tyson popped and timed out for weed. There needs to be much better definitions and 1 rule applied for all across the board rather than the head of a sanctioning body etc massaging the rules depending on the fame of your name. It's to the point where every camp needs a full time chemist to decipher ingredients as they train.

Thread Information