Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Joshua v Pulev poll

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anthony Joshua v Kubrat Pulev at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium on June 20th

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Anthony Joshua v Kubrat Pulev at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium on June 20th

Should be a simple nights work for AJ.

Should be.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Anthony Joshua v Kubrat Pulev at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium on June 20th

Anthony Joshua meets the Queen after giving inspiring speech during Commonwealth Day service at Westminster Abbey

Anthony Joshua met the Queen of England as he spoke in front of the Royal Family during a service to celebrate Commonwealth Day on Monday.

Britain’s unified heavyweight world champion, who proudly also represents his Nigerian background, was chosen to give a reflection at Westminster Abbey.

His speech touched on a number of issues, with an emphasis on unity around the Commonwealth.

Joshua began: “My name is Anthony Oluwafemi Olaseni Joshua and, like many of you here, I’m a child of the Commonwealth.

“I was born in Watford and my heritage is Nigerian. I come from the Yoruba people, who are the largest and some might say the loudest ethnic group in all of Africa.

“I’m proudly Nigerian and proudly British…

“These days we hear so much about division and difference that some might be tempted to see that as a bad thing.

“But on the contrary, it’s a beautiful thing.

“A thing to be celebrated and cherished, and a great source of peace and stability.

“I feel opportunity should be there for the taking along with hard work, dedication and perseverance, regardless of one’s background.

“We need to strive harder collectively in order to create unity.

“It takes a village to raise a child. And in the same vein it takes a whole community to act and stand together to tackle some of the challenges we are confronted with today.”

He concluded: “So here’s to fish and chips, egusi soup and pounded yam.

“To the UK and Nigeria, and the children of the Commonwealth.”

After the speech, Joshua briefly met and spoke one-to-one with the Queen.

It was his first time meeting the monarch as his previously-awarded MBE and OBEs had been presented to him by Prince Charles at Buckingham Palace.

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/6...hua-the-queen/
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information