Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Dillian Whyte vs Alexander Povetkin

He should have taken the offer to fight AJ when it was on the table. Ok it’s his prerogative to make whatever business decision he likes, but in terms of winning a world title, he should have taken the shot.

I don’t think he would have won it, but he could have come again. The rate he’s going he’ll have one crack at in the name of making a point, standing his ground. Whatever you want to call it.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dillian Whyte confirms new trainer for Alexander Povetkin fight as Xavier Miller takes the role after Mark Tibbs split

Dillian Whyte has confirmed Xavier Miller will be his new trainer for the Alexander Povetkin fight on August 22.

The ‘Body Snatcher’ announced earlier last month that he’s parted ways with long-time coach Mark Tibbs, though there was initially no confirmation of his replacement.

Miller has previously worked closely with Derek Chisora’s camp under Don Charles, including for the rematch against Whyte in 2018.

For the past year, he’s been a part of Dillian’s team and was in the corner for his late-notice win over Mariusz Wach on the Andy Ruiz Jr vs Anthony Joshua II undercard last December.

Whyte told The Fight Is Right: “He’s a hard worker. He’s studied the game.

“He’s the kind of guy that, we record my sparring, he sends it to me and talks over the video.

“And he watches my old sparring back from years ago.

“He’s always watching. Even when he’s training or at the gym doing cardio. He’s watching sparring or he’s watching fights.

“He travelled to America and learned. He’s been in corners, been in gyms and watched great spars…

“What I like about Xav is he’s built fighters from the amateurs to English title, almost British title level.

“He’s still inexeperienced at the level that I’m at with me, but he’s been in other corners…

“He’s been here with me throughout the whole of his lockdown. Left his family and he’s been here.

“What more can I ask for? The man’s working.”

Regarding the step up to the big stage, Miller told Seconds Out: “I’ve been well schooled and well prepped for whatever anyone wants to throw at me.

“I’ve been in big fights, the Chisora vs Carlos Takam fight was as big as they come. You can’t faze me with these things.

“In the corner, I’m focussed, I have a set routine how I do things in the corner and this fight will be no different.

“Dillian is working with me because he knows what I can do. He respects my knowledge and my commitment and he knows I know exactly what I’m doing.

“The good thing here is I’ve been in the corner with Dillian already when we flew out to Saudi. It’s not like he’s breaking camp and starting again with a whole new team.

“I think I’ve been training Dillian for just over a year. Last summer we did a lot of work. I welcomed Mark to come down and train Dillian at my gym.

“Then we trained at the Monster Gym and we were just doing bits and pieces together.

“It was great so this is a natural transition, this is natural progression, everything’s just comfortable here.

“Dillian’s in a very, very good place, expect a good performance.”

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/7...xavier-miller/
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They are trying to David Tua the old boy Whyte. Dance him around with contenders who may be able to beat him and when he gets a chance, it will be a one shot deal for all of the marbles and he will never got a shot again.

The titles need to be broken up again. Forget Joshua and him holding all of them. He ain't a world beater or on top of the heap, Andy Ruiz showed us that.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    They are trying to David Tua the old boy Whyte. Dance him around with contenders who may be able to beat him and when he gets a chance, it will be a one shot deal for all of the marbles and he will never got a shot again.

The titles need to be broken up again. Forget Joshua and him holding all of them. He ain't a world beater or on top of the heap, Andy Ruiz showed us that.
    AJ beat Ruiz in the rematch just in case you forgot.

Fury beat Wlad and went missing for 3 years, Wilder was getting wobbled by contenders until Fury battered him and AJ was knocked out by the one hit wonder. The champions are already broken up never mind the titles.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Povetkin has slipped enough for Whyte to have the advantage. I'm far from confident tho.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Looking forward to this one tomorrow, I've struggled to get back into the boxing following the lay off, I've had shit going on which has caused the boxing to take a back seat, when I have watched the Friday night fights they have been alright but I've always had a bit of a drink and haven't been able to get into it properly and often watched it with my music on.

I've got the bug back now though, been watching all the interviews and build up for tomorrows fight, yeah it isn't the greatest fight ever but it has the potential to be a real fucking scrap, I'll be ordering myself some grub in and watching the whole card.

Nearly didn't happen due to an unexpected invite but fuck it, boxing comes before people in my books from now on.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Looking forward to this one tomorrow, I've struggled to get back into the boxing following the lay off, I've had shit going on which has caused the boxing to take a back seat, when I have watched the Friday night fights they have been alright but I've always had a bit of a drink and haven't been able to get into it properly and often watched it with my music on.

I've got the bug back now though, been watching all the interviews and build up for tomorrows fight, yeah it isn't the greatest fight ever but it has the potential to be a real fucking scrap, I'll be ordering myself some grub in and watching the whole card.

Nearly didn't happen due to an unexpected invite but fuck it, boxing comes before people in my books from now on.
    Hope you’re back to being the caped crusader we all know and love.Stay strong pal!
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Both guys look in really good shape, especially Whyte after his last outing. Anyone know what the testing was like for this fight? I expect this fight to be full of fireworks. I'm sticking with my pick of Whyte although I could see it going either way. It might be a case of who lands 1st.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[QUOTE=Batman;1559269]Looking forward to this one tomorrow, I've struggled to get back into the boxing following the lay off, I've had shit going on which has caused the boxing to take a back seat, when I have watched the Friday night fights they have been alright but I've always had a bit of a drink and haven't been able to get into it properly and often watched it with my music on.

Nearly didn't happen due to an unexpected invite but fuck it, boxing comes before people in my books from now on.[/QU

What was her name?, your ex that cheated on you 😁

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anna looking lovely as usual

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Love her!

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TonnnnUK View Post
    Love her!
    Its the glasses

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Chelli's eye isn't looking good, he had a good start but slowed right down in the 3rd round

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Chelli has got a black eye but coming on strong now against the taller Cullen.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Chelli should have got the nod then

Thread Information