Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Wilder could NOT beat Iron Mike Tyson!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Wilder could NOT beat Iron Mike Tyson!

Thinking about a match up with Wilder v Tyson when Wilder was talkin' all of that shit about Mike. Wilder would have been brutalized within four rounds v Tyson, he probably would not have even landed a good shot on Mike either. Not because of Mike's power or quickness, but because Wilder would not be able to hit Tyson and Tyson would be bobbing and weaving and coming forward.
    Seeing how Wilder cannot box Mike would have ko'd him within 4.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Wilder could NOT beat Iron Mike Tyson!

Tyson would ko him in a round like he did Carl Williams.

If Wilder did manage to survive the onslaught then his body would have been broken up and split in two after 6 rounds as he did with Tyrell Biggs.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

'FACTS' Remembering Deontay Wilder’s astonishing rant about Mike Tyson’s boxing record after getting triggered by fan suggestion

Deontay Wilder is one of the best heavyweight boxers of his generation despite losing his WBC belt to Tyson Fury in February.

The Alabama fighter is known for his knockout power, having 41 knockouts in 42 career wins, and has previously drawn comparisons with Mike Tyson.

Iron Mike burst onto the scene as a youngster knocking out fighters on his way to the world title and was one of the most feared boxers of his generation.

Back in 2017, the Bronze Bomber argued with a fan who said he didn’t ‘overcome the Mike Tyson era’.

Wilder responded: “Listen, listen, listen, listen.

“Folks, half of y’all motherf****** don’t know your history about… when it comes to the sport of boxing, let’s face it: you do not know your history.

“You do not know your facts. You don’t know s***. All you know is what you hear. Go back and do your facts, go back and do your history.

“We love Mike Tyson, of course, We love ‘em all. You know what I’m saying? I love ‘em all. We love ‘em all. They did a great job. But go back and look up your facts.

“If you go back, and I want somebody to answer this question for me, how many Hall of Fame fighters did Mike Tyson actually fight?”

Wilder continued to argue with fans over their responses and argued that Michael Spinks and Larry Holmes didn’t count.

He argued that Spinks came up from the light heavyweight division and was ‘scared’ while Holmes was past his prime.

The former WBC champion said there was just two hall of fame fighters Tyson faced. Lennox Lewis and Evander Holyfield.

“Only two,” Wilder shouted on the Instagram live feed.

“Only two. Only two. Holyfield beat him twice and Lennox beat him.

“Only two. So what the f*** y’all talking about?”

The 34-year-old will be hoping to win back his WBC belt when he completes his trilogy with Tyson Fury.

Fury beat the Bronze Bomber in their rematch, after the first ended in a draw, to claim the belt.

The third fight is certainly at risk of being affected by the coronavirus pandemic.

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/6...boxing-record/

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    'FACTS' Remembering Deontay Wilder’s astonishing rant about Mike Tyson’s boxing record after getting triggered by fan suggestion

Deontay Wilder is one of the best heavyweight boxers of his generation despite losing his WBC belt to Tyson Fury in February.

The Alabama fighter is known for his knockout power, having 41 knockouts in 42 career wins, and has previously drawn comparisons with Mike Tyson.

Iron Mike burst onto the scene as a youngster knocking out fighters on his way to the world title and was one of the most feared boxers of his generation.

Back in 2017, the Bronze Bomber argued with a fan who said he didn’t ‘overcome the Mike Tyson era’.

Wilder responded: “Listen, listen, listen, listen.

“Folks, half of y’all motherf****** don’t know your history about… when it comes to the sport of boxing, let’s face it: you do not know your history.

“You do not know your facts. You don’t know s***. All you know is what you hear. Go back and do your facts, go back and do your history.

“We love Mike Tyson, of course, We love ‘em all. You know what I’m saying? I love ‘em all. We love ‘em all. They did a great job. But go back and look up your facts.

“If you go back, and I want somebody to answer this question for me, how many Hall of Fame fighters did Mike Tyson actually fight?”

Wilder continued to argue with fans over their responses and argued that Michael Spinks and Larry Holmes didn’t count.

He argued that Spinks came up from the light heavyweight division and was ‘scared’ while Holmes was past his prime.

The former WBC champion said there was just two hall of fame fighters Tyson faced. Lennox Lewis and Evander Holyfield.

“Only two,” Wilder shouted on the Instagram live feed.

“Only two. Only two. Holyfield beat him twice and Lennox beat him.

“Only two. So what the f*** y’all talking about?”

The 34-year-old will be hoping to win back his WBC belt when he completes his trilogy with Tyson Fury.

Fury beat the Bronze Bomber in their rematch, after the first ended in a draw, to claim the belt.

The third fight is certainly at risk of being affected by the coronavirus pandemic.

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/6...boxing-record/
    Thanks for this. lol...
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's amazing when you look at their records and remembering that Tyson would take stick for some early 'soft' comp before Wilder came along. Inside of a year and a half Tyson reached the top of the world and I believe even guys like Tillis, Ferguson, and Ribalta would have given young Wilder absolute hell if not beat him. Hindsight being 20-20. Can you envision young Mike being dropped by a 17-20 Harold Sconiers . Neither can I. Tyson would fold Wilder in half.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wilder is just talking. Although I agree with the sentiment that Tyson didn’t fight the best competition and did lose to the best fighters he faced, it is still undeniable that Tyson fought better competition than Wilder and was much more impressive.

I mean look at a fighter like Ruddock. Besides Fury, who else has he fought at that level? I can name a handful of fighters that Tyson fought that were better than everyone Wilder has fought besides Fury and maybe on par with Ortiz.

I fully admit that Wilder has upped his competition in the past few years, but even that isn’t much in perspective. Wilder will not go down in history as an ATG or anywhere even near it. At this point, he isn’t even a HOFer in my book. Despite Tyson’s downfalls, he is easily a HOFer.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wilder doesn't get out the 1st round. He was shocked and bedazzled by Fury jumping on him, prime Tyson? He'd think Ben Johnson is sprinting at him.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

One is a great athlete and physical phenom, the other is a born fighter who was trained to be a polished professional. I don't see Mike losing this, despite the height and reach disadvantages. Wilder doesn't box, he loads up on the right and swings for home runs. Tyson gets inside and Wilder is lost, gets his body broken and then his head taken off while bending in anticipation of/reacting to a body shot.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lots of revisionism going on about Wilder. A month ago, he was the hardest puncher in boxing history who had made multiple title defences and was a big favourite going into the Fury fight.

I stand by my previous views: Wilder is a magnificent athlete who came to the sport late. His straight right is on a par with Frazier's left hook. Nothing wrong with his heart and chin either.

He lacks fundamentals though, and is totally reliant on that big right. If he is not controlling distance and tempo, he is less likely to land it. Somebody coming into him deceptively and aggressively is his kryptonite.

Tyson is just all wrong for Wilder.

Wilder would be punching down on Tyson, robbing him of his power. Mike would be all over Deontay, dictating the distance and pace of the fight .... and prime Tyson attacked with movement, speed and power. Mike had solid boxing technique and skills all the way through him too.

No disrespect to Wilder, but this bout would be another showreel highlight knockout for Tyson.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What people have to realize is that Tyson is a complete one off in the sense that nobody can quite turn a size disadvantage into an advantage like he did. He was actually at his best against Really big guys . They couldn't punch properly or with full power as they were punching down, and he would bob inside and with his short leverage and timing blast them with uppercuts and body shots.
    Being so big would not help Wilder one bit , especially with his relative lack of boxing skills.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mike Tyson wasn't really that great an inside fighter & was quite content to be clinch & hold on the inside when he couldn't put his opponent away, ala the Boneclutcher Smith fight.

6' 5" Riddick Bowe was a much better inside fighter than Tyson ever was.

I do agree that Tyson would have beaten Wilder though.

His head movement was awesome under Rooney & Wilder does not have the fundamentals to do anything about that.

Tyson would have made Wilder miss & tagged him with fast, sharp & powerful hooks & put Wilder away inside 6.
    The legend of Drederick Tatum!Hidden Content

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    Thinking about a match up with Wilder v Tyson when Wilder was talkin' all of that shit about Mike. Wilder would have been brutalized within four rounds v Tyson, he probably would not have even landed a good shot on Mike either. Not because of Mike's power or quickness, but because Wilder would not be able to hit Tyson and Tyson would be bobbing and weaving and coming forward.
    Just 2 giv u a heads up. If youre gonna do a boxing thread try and make it a little bit controversial.

Saying Tyson would beat Wilder easy is like saying.

Joe Calzaghe would have beaten George groves easy.

I mean it's not unthinkable that Groves would have beaten Joe. But unlikely. The same is true of Wilder beaten Tyson...not unthinkable...but unlikely.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Denilson-The-Comeback View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    Just 2 giv u a heads up. If youre gonna do a boxing thread try and make it a little bit controversial.

Saying Tyson would beat Wilder easy is like saying.

Joe Calzaghe would have beaten George groves easy.

I mean it's not unthinkable that Groves would have beaten Joe. But unlikely. The same is true of Wilder beaten Tyson...not unthinkable...but unlikely.
    Thanks big D I’ll have mods sticky for future reference

Thread Information