Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Corley talks about Judah/Mayweather.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Corley talks about Judah/Mayweather.

Corley fought bothfighters in back to back fights, so I think his comments have some merit. Then again he is in the Mayweather camp, so he could be biased. Whichever, here are his comments from espn.com.

What do you think?

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...=2400736&num=2

Corley's view: Former junior welterweight titlist DeMarcus "Chop Chop" Corley has a strong opinion about Saturday's fight, and if anyone's has merit, it is his.

Corley (31-4-1, 17 KOs) fought both Mayweather and Judah, losing decisions to both in back-to-back fights, and now serves as Mayweather's chief sparring partner.

Mayweather dropped Corley twice and won a lopsided decision against him in May 2004 and Judah beat him on a split decision in July 2003.

You want to know the truth? Zab has great speed, Floyd has better speed. Zab has good power, Floyd is a better, stronger puncher," Corley said. "He's going to break Zab down early in the fight. It's not going to go over eight rounds. I have never seen a fighter train the way Floyd trains. That's one reason why I am in his camp now, and Roger [Mayweather] trains me now as well. Floyd just works tremendously hard. I don't see a fighter out there who out-trains him."

Corley, who will fight Junior Witter this summer for the junior welterweight belt Mayweather vacated to move up to 147 pounds, said Mayweather is much stronger at the new weight than he was when they fought at 140 pounds.

He also said Mayweather is "the mentally stronger fighter."

"He has really filled out," Corley said. "After this fight, I would like to see Floyd fight at 154 pounds."

Corley said Judah is too wild early in a fight to survive against Mayweather.

"Zab gets anxious early in a fight," Corley said. "Zab will rush in there. When Zab rushes in, he swings wild punches, and you can't do that with Floyd. His radar is on point 100 percent. His accuracy is real good. He will break Zab down early in the fight, and a lot of people think it will be with head shots. He's going to break him down like he did Sharmba Mitchell -- to the body. He's going to hurt Zab.

"I fought both of them. Zab won't be able to exchange with Floyd. When Zab exchanged with me, he got out. He didn't set down long enough for me to catch him. When Floyd exchanged with me, I caught him and he realized I could punch, so he boxed the rest of the fight. But he has filled out and become a strong welterweight. He's much stronger and can take better punches now."

You must be the change you want to see in the world. --Mahatma Gandhi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Corley talks about Judah/Mayweather.

I agree with Corley on all accounts.
    And the fact that he's been in the ring with both of them and still says that Floyd is the better puncher is pretty good endorsement imo.
    So everything Zab could do Floyd can do better.
    Just hours away now. Prove me wrong Zab! Seriously.
    I hope I'm way off and this is a close one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd Mayweather does NOT hit as hard as Zab Judah

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Maybe not a harder hitter, but a better puncher.
    If they had a punching bag contest Zab might win, but because Floyd lands cleaner more accurately and rolls opposition's punches better, that basically trumps Zab's straight-ahead power.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fair play to corley....to be honest if the bloke has fought the pair then who better to judge tonights "megafight".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by steady_E
    Floyd Mayweather does NOT hit as hard as Zab Judah
    I don't think Zab is quite the hitter he was even one weight division down... Even in his showing against Spinks, and he couldn't really hurt Baldomir who let Judah hit him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

for the read.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree with the statement regarding a punching bag contest, with Zab winning. However, Floyd will more often hit you on point, and not only that, he'll hit you on point while you're coming in and throwing which adds that much more to the punch.

One thing we should take into consideration is Zab being wobbled by Baldomir.

Do you not think that Floyd could also deliver that punch with much more ease?

Do you think if Zab is wobbled like that with Floyd infront of him, that he will be able to escape the round? I'm pretty sure Floyd could finish him swiftly should Zab be wobbled.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree Younggun... with his reflexes when Judah stumbles in to hold him he will just make matters worse as he a cross, and/or stiff hooks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    I think that Zab is going to come out in full effect...& he will be competitive...he might even win the first half of the fight...but Floyd aint an easy puzzle to solve...all you gotta do is catch Judah right...& if Baldomir can stun Judah...Floyd can take him out!
    Quote Originally Posted by YounGun
    I agree with the statement regarding a punching bag contest, with Zab winning. However, Floyd will more often hit you on point, and not only that, he'll hit you on point while you're coming in and throwing which adds that much more to the punch.

One thing we should take into consideration is Zab being wobbled by Baldomir.

Do you not think that Floyd could also deliver that punch with much more ease?

Do you think if Zab is wobbled like that with Floyd infront of him, that he will be able to escape the round? I'm pretty sure Floyd could finish him swiftly should Zab be wobbled.
    Beatcha by seconds!
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You think Corley is going to say anything negative about Floyd when he is his current sparring partner, if he says "Zab hits harder" He'll be out of a job. I've watched both fights and Judah got to Corley worse then Floys did because Zab made Corley fight his rhythm and outside of his own while Corley fought hsi rhythm against Floyd and Floyd just fought it better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Starr
    You think Corley is going to say anything negative about Floyd when he is his current sparring partner, if he says "Zab hits harder" He'll be out of a job. I've watched both fights and Judah got to Corley worse then Floys did because Zab made Corley fight his rhythm and outside of his own while Corley fought hsi rhythm against Floyd and Floyd just fought it better.
    Well I would take Corleys word over yours on this subject. He said that Zab hits harder but that floyd is a better puncher. I can believe that. i beleived that even before Corley said it.
    Step up so I can put you down

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Starr
    DAMN STRAIGHT

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The fact that Colrey works for team Maywearther makes his opinion abit bised . They both beat Corley on points but Zab was never in as much trouble as Floyd was

Thread Information