Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Effe Ajagba vs Filip Hrgovic- A fight waiting to happen!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Effe Ajagba vs Filip Hrgovic- A fight waiting to happen!

It's becoming obvious now that we need to see Ajagba vs Hrgovic, right? That is gonna be some fight. And when it happens, we will look back at it as one of those great heavyweught non-title showdowns or obscure heavyweight scraps that was pure gold to see. Sorta like Lewis v Mercer or Tua vs Ibeabuchi.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Effe Ajagba vs Filip Hrgovic- A fight waiting to happen!

I'm already seeing wholes in Ajagba. Don't think it's much of a contest.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mismatch. Hrgovic mullers him.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

El Kabong Guest

Hrgovic has good potential. He boxes well and has good pop in his punches. Might need to work on the footwork a bit, but he seems like a very good boxer.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

WE know Filip has he edge skillwise, but don't ever count our a professional committed to his craft. I don't want to sell Ajagba' heart short either, and if he has a punch, he can gain confidence. Plus he is no stiff.

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I really tried to ride a push for Ajagba but his last couple haven't been exactly stellar. A work in progress but seems like he hits a wall in output and ideas and just suns idle a bit. Little mechanical. Fight before last he caught stunned and badly wobbled his guy backwards..and just stepped back and stood there. That's an instinct and work to be done. Filip is reasonably to well rounded for him me thinks.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    I really tried to ride a push for Ajagba but his last couple haven't been exactly stellar. A work in progress but seems like he hits a wall in output and ideas and just suns idle a bit. Little mechanical. Fight before last he caught stunned and badly wobbled his guy backwards..and just stepped back and stood there. That's an instinct and work to be done. Filip is reasonably to well rounded for him me thinks.
    No telling yet how Hrgovic handles getting his bell rung, but I like the matchup, a good solid prospect fight and at this point it could define their careers, it could be a blip on the radar, there's no telling which is the reason it's so nice to see these guys throw caution to the wind and make the fight. Once fully established as entities in the division it seems that there's a line drawn for taking risks because of potential money to be made and the risk is apparently never worth it....so we see from the lack of title holders fighting title holders.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    No telling yet how Hrgovic handles getting his bell rung, but I like the matchup, a good solid prospect fight and at this point it could define their careers, it could be a blip on the radar, there's no telling which is the reason it's so nice to see these guys throw caution to the wind and make the fight. Once fully established as entities in the division it seems that there's a line drawn for taking risks because of potential money to be made and the risk is apparently never worth it....so we see from the lack of title holders fighting title holders.
    I just hope they don't muck it up like they did with the Thurman vs Garcia fight. A fight like this needs to be handled properly, and I am afraid to say it, but it needs a Don King style promotion to it because it would mean something significant.

Hidden Content

Thread Information