Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Are u getting wuhan virus overload

I don’t mean to flood the place with the Chinese virus talk but this crap is getting crazy. Yes it’s scary as hell and absolutely horrible for people who contract it and their families. All the restrictions being put in place are important to keep up with but I’ve always been a news junky and this 24-7 reporting on it, in print, TV and Internet is intense. Even my favorite watch forum is loaded with it.

I know the easy answer is change the channel but if I’m sitting home during the day I can’t watch movies or shows I feel like it’s a waste so I keep the news on. All my nighttime conspiracy radio shows are covid, every paper I pick up is covid. Everything closing. Granted this is historical I doubt any of us have seen anything like this, world wide, before but damn it’s intense.

I gotta do a little shopping today as I’m completely out of soda and a few things, can’t say I’m scared but I never but this much thought into a small trip to the store. What are you guys doing to distract? I’ve been doing a lot of cleaning but I’m still on antibiotics and they always kick my ass. Fortunately I’m on my last day.

So I’m starting to read more. Going to change all the oil on my lawn equipment. Cleaning and organizing. Maybe try playing ps4 but I get bored or frustrated with that. Have a Cadillac I gotta get running to sell but that involves shopping. I don’t know it’s really screwed up times maybe I should just get a bunch of Xanax and whiskey and stay half lucid till it’s over.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Are u getting wuhan virus overload

I am trying to keep busy by doing the odd jobs that I never get around to but life is boring without sport.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I’ve never done drugs but being stoned don’t seem such a bad state to be in right now.

Several weeks of hell ahead which we have to get through.

Some of my mates going stir crazy already and struggling with the kids at home and not being able to go out - proper struggling. These are not unique situations at all.

Alcohol consumption will be up, domestic abuse levels and unfortunately suicide rates will soar as it goes on.

Scary times which will take years to get over.
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I am trying to keep busy by doing the odd jobs that I never get around to but life is boring without sport.
    True. I was quite pleased yesterday FS1 was playing recent fights for hours. Other than watching fights you missed or enjoyed enough to watch again the sport situation is quite depressing.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    I’ve never done drugs but being stoned don’t seem such a bad state to be in right now.

Several weeks of hell ahead which we have to get through.

Some of my mates going stir crazy already and struggling with the kids at home and not being able to go out - proper struggling. These are not unique situations at all.

Alcohol consumption will be up, domestic abuse levels and unfortunately suicide rates will soar as it goes on.

Scary times which will take years to get over.
    A lot of truth you say. Unfortunately many are going to get nailed financially and that is a major factor of suicide. The unknown factor of this shit is quite worrisome. I can develop a list to stay busy but for how long? I’ll undoubtably be sucked into sitting in front of the news no matter how much I dislike it. I hope it doesn’t bring suffering to too many but I know it already is. If the government comes around and starts welding doors like they do in China that will be a sign we went next level

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not so much for me. I do periodically watch the news, but otherwise am just keeping busy. Truth is for us, we have to keep working and so we are adapting on the fly. In some ways it means working even harder as I have to master new techniques and methods.

Otherwise I do not do boredom. If you are bored in a world with books, exercise, learning and all the entertainment we have I don't know what to say. Life is too short to cram it all in. I never get bored.

People are freaking, but remember the bell curve. It always tapers towards the end.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Not so much for me. I do periodically watch the news, but otherwise am just keeping busy. Truth is for us, we have to keep working and so we are adapting on the fly. In some ways it means working even harder as I have to master new techniques and methods.

Otherwise I do not do boredom. If you are bored in a world with books, exercise, learning and all the entertainment we have I don't know what to say. Life is too short to cram it all in. I never get bored.

People are freaking, but remember the bell curve. It always tapers towards the end.
    I agree with the books on everything I brought out 4 revolutionary war books along with a John Grisham but my attention span seems screwed up at the moment. I think I’m going to build an automatic watch from scratch. Pick up a case and purchase a eta movement and put that baby together. I’m sure it won’t keep great time but if I can get it within 5-10 minutes a day I’ll be happy. Properly adjusting time can take a novice like me weeks and I should eventually get it within a couple minutes.

I guess this whole thing being new makes it a bit more difficult, got to settle in find a rhythm

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My wife actually wants to watch a movie. Heart of the Sea which I happen to have on video as I live those movies based on whaling and old ship travel. That’ll be good, my wife is not a movie watcher.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Again all about how Gandalf is clever and everyone else is an idiot.

Not so much Corona Virus overload as Gandalf overload.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am not sure anyone was called stupid in that post. I was just saying that there is a lot to do in life, and that yes, people have to learn new skills. However, no insults there, so you have a pass.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post

Again all about how Gandalf is clever and everyone else is an idiot.

Not so much Corona Virus overload as Gandalf overload.
    I am not sure anyone was called stupid in that post. I was just saying that there is a lot to do in life, and that yes, people have to learn new skills. However, no insults there, so you have a pass.

I don't need a pass from you. Do you not get it? You have just posted a boast about how you don't do boredom as though anyone who is not exactly like you is stupid, and anyone naturally concerned about the pandemic is an idiot. Nobody is freaking. Those are your words, in fact in would be helpful right now if more people were freaking out a bit, and thinking of other people instead of themselves.

And then your embarrassing bell curve bollocks tacked on the end, from the second most prolific poster on here, whilst insisting you are never bored
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was saying I do not get bored. Yet even that will set you off. Chicken in a bucket.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And yes, I post for fun. If it was boring I wouldn't. Apart from you there is a decent group here, several of whom I speak to privately. That's the fun side.

Memphis is wrong. I do not like fighting with you. Would prefer you would just not fight on the main boards as was asked.

Simple as that.

And no, when you can stimulate the brain how could you ever be bored? Should I pretend to be bored? 🙄

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was saying I do not get bored. Yet even that will set you off. Chicken in a bucket.
    And yes, I post for fun. If it was boring I wouldn't. Apart from you there is a decent group here, several of whom I speak to privately. That's the fun side.

Memphis is wrong. I do not like fighting with you. Would prefer you would just not fight on the main boards as was asked.

Simple as that.

And no, when you can stimulate the brain how could you ever be bored? Should I pretend to be bored? ������
    I have only ever eaten chicken in a bucket once in my life. Not my thing and I certainly would not drive out to a military base to get it because of some lame addiction unlike ..?

And no of course you don't have to pretend to be bored, but to be quite frank it is what most of your posting comes across like. You have admitted having more free time than most and so you could perhaps share you expert tips on not going out

Like you i have literally thousands of books in the house, hundreds in shelves in four rooms, and i have read every single one, at least once. I have films that i am editing and plenty of writing projects and websites to maintain and overhaul. Today i printed out loads of worksheets for the grand kids because my daughter is more at home on a farm than in a classroom, but I digress and have strayed away from us, and back to the thread subject, so apologies

The point is not everyone is like you or me and for them it will be shite. Seriously though it is not even a week for most people and they are already moaning so who knows what it will be like in a month.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well don't freak on me then. I am just someome comfortable with using free time well. A good book and some language learning alone can fill 4 hours and that's fun for me. Doesn't mean everyone has to like it, but everyone can develop an interest. For me it is just learning. There are worse things to rag on me about.

Thread Information