Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Calzaghe on a about a fight with Ward, do you agree??

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Calzaghe on a about a fight with Ward, do you agree??

Love the argument that you can’t say Lacy was overrated even if you ALWAYS said Lacy was overrated, his career demonstrated he was overrated, and you picked Joe in every fight of his career. Because somehow it’s revisionist even if it’s true.

We know what it really is, people think if you say Lacy was overrated you are diminishing Joe when in fact you are only speaking the truth about Lacy. Truth that they know is the truth. The logic on this board is extra special.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Love the argument that you can’t say Lacy was overrated even if you ALWAYS said Lacy was overrated, his career demonstrated he was overrated, and you picked Joe in every fight of his career. Because somehow it’s revisionist even if it’s true.

We know what it really is, people think if you say Lacy was overrated you are diminishing Joe when in fact you are only speaking the truth about Lacy. Truth that they know is the truth. The logic on this board is extra special.
    Who said you cant say Lacy was over rated? Quit making shit up Ron. I'm sure you've got 'evidence' somewhere in your 'evidence' files that most people picked Lacy to beat Joe up, no? When that didn't happen, the number of people that 'knew' Lacy was a hype job shot up. Those people Ron...........are bullshitters. See?
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post

I think we found that Lacy was overrated, but it’s not as if Lacy didn’t beat anyone of note at the time. He at least proved to be one of the top guys at the weight. The question is that after Lacy lost, how much did Joe take from him?

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ward is one of those fighters that finds a way to win. I think he takes a close decision.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That video is about 5 years old.

Look at it this way..if they swapped opponents would they have beaten, struggled or lost against them.

Calzaghe vs Reid could have been a draw and Calzaghe vs old boy Hopkins could have went either way.

Ward clearly beat all his opponents apart from Kovalev 1..that should have been a draw at least.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    That video is about 5 years old.

Look at it this way..if they swapped opponents would they have beaten, struggled or lost against them.

Calzaghe vs Reid could have been a draw and Calzaghe vs old boy Hopkins could have went either way.

Ward clearly beat all his opponents apart from Kovalev 1..that should have been a draw at least.
    That was a period when Joe still had his injuries, I think he cured the elbow injury by not playing golf or something like that. From Lacy onwards he was back to his near best. The Hopkins fight I said was an unfair comparison as he was old and at light heavyweight. Hopkins would make anyone look bad including Ward. Hopkins was effectively "cheating" in that fight because he could not handle Joe.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information