Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Lock down.

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    @walrus this reminded me, have you seen your mum?
    Hello master no I have not. Still no visitors allowed in nursing home type facilities in many states
    Sorry, man. Its the same here in NYC, My grandmother in a rehab nursing facility after a fall she was luck to survive. No visitors allowed. Over 80% of the building is of the high risk category. She had dementia, so without the stimuli she seems to be slipping more mentally. We were able to get a staff member to face time us for a few minutes to see that she's ok. Just an idea that might help you be there while you can't actually being there.
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by J_Undisputed View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    @walrus this reminded me, have you seen your mum?
    Hello master no I have not. Still no visitors allowed in nursing home type facilities in many states
    Sorry, man. Its the same here in NYC, My grandmother in a rehab nursing facility after a fall she was luck to survive. No visitors allowed. Over 80% of the building is of the high risk category. She had dementia, so without the stimuli she seems to be slipping more mentally. We were able to get a staff member to face time us for a few minutes to see that she's ok. Just an idea that might help you be there while you can't actually being there.
    Hey thanks. Of course I’m upset I can’t see my mother but I’m grateful they are taking this seriously as one case of wuhan in that place could be quite disastrous. I know they will help set up Skype visits but I stay in touch via phone and at this point my mother is aware enough to know what’s going on and says she is ok hanging out in her room watching Fox News (she really said that and she doesn’t like trump)

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's getting to me now being at home all the time. Not complaining as I know it's the same for everyone but it's hard. Ups and downs. Actually got sick of watching TV.

I've accepted this is for the long haul and summer holidays are not going to happen but it is what it is.

I get to work from home and still get paid so I'm lucky. My Mrs is NHS front line so it's a worry. Couple of her colleagues were due to retire at end of March but chose to stay on top help. A lot of respect for such people as they get paid pittance for what they do.

Not too impressed with some football clubs and how they've stopped paying non playing staff first. I know it's not all straight forward but I hope the public remembers that when it's all over. Same goes for companies like wetherspoons and sports direct who increased the cost of home gym equipment, dartboards etc again we won't forget. I was also disappointed in Branson moaning he needed a bail out after just a few days.

I hope some aspects of society change for the better after this thing subsides

Some aspects of life will change forever.

I'll stop rambling now
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who is locked down exactly? Two days ago I stopped for gas at a truck stop at the I-15 and I-90 junction and there must have been a half dozen camper trailers with California plates. Just now I was reading that small mountain towns in Colorado are seeing an influx of "city folks ".
    At this point in time, these visitors are not welcome nor are they appreciated. Stay home in the squalor your prolonged bad choices at the ballot box created.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by greynotsoold View Post
    Who is locked down exactly? Two days ago I stopped for gas at a truck stop at the I-15 and I-90 junction and there must have been a half dozen camper trailers with California plates. Just now I was reading that small mountain towns in Colorado are seeing an influx of "city folks ".
    At this point in time, these visitors are not welcome nor are they appreciated. Stay home in the squalor your prolonged bad choices at the ballot box created.
    We had the same, people who had second homes were going there which were normally rural areas. They were not welcome and advised to go back and stay at home.

Our government has said footballers should take a pay cut but they have not even given NHS workers the basic personal protective equipment. Jokers.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How many people do you know who've had it and beat it? Literally everyone my sisters know (middle aged/old birds) has got it, had it, beat it. I say, how did she/he get the test? Oh, the doctor told them.... I interrupt, over the phone? Told them to self-isolate? That's the standard line for everyone in the country pestering the NHS with paranoia and a runny nose.

The only people more jarring than the immune brigade are conspiracy theorists.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Saw this on Facebook.

Having some States on lockdown and some States not on lockdown
    is like having a peeing section in a swimming pool.

Can't think of a better analogy.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Saw this on Facebook.

Well not everywhere has the population density of NYC. The mail is still being delivered as well so even if everyone but the postal workers were staying home there's still a way to transmit the disease.

I mean I get metropolitan areas going on lock down, but places like https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loving_County,_Texas locking down completely....that's foolish.

Also farmers have got to keep producing, truckers have to keep moving, supply lines must remain active or else shit will really and truly hit the fan. Guidelines and procedures to limit contagion can and should be implemented, but no way should EVERYTHING be shut down.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Saw this on Facebook.

Well not everywhere has the population density of NYC. The mail is still being delivered as well so even if everyone but the postal workers were staying home there's still a way to transmit the disease.

I mean I get metropolitan areas going on lock down, but places like https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loving_County,_Texas locking down completely....that's foolish.

Also farmers have got to keep producing, truckers have to keep moving, supply lines must remain active or else shit will really and truly hit the fan. Guidelines and procedures to limit contagion can and should be implemented, but no way should EVERYTHING be shut down.

The President was looking to lock down the tri-state area to prevent just this kind of thing. Of course the people didn't want it and the governors didn't want it. I didn't think it was a bad idea. The reason its spreading so fast in NYC is partially because of the density but its mostly because stupid people wont stay home. My ladys's kid brother was one of them. Millennials get board and think they are exempt because they're younger and have stronger immune systems and give no thought to being carriers to the older people who's house they live in. That's a model for the transfer of the virus if people don't stay put in these high density areas and take it to rural areas. People panic because they didn't want to prepare for this and never took it seriously are now doing the most selfish things possible. (burglaries are up 20% and March now holds the record for Background checks for gun owners at 3.7 million (many of them new). I have about 4 ambulances zooming past my house an hour. Many of them are coming back empty with no sirens on because they are are responding to panic calls and then having people quarantine in their homes instead of taking them to the hospitals and exacerbating any crowding problems there. It's chaos because hard ass new yorkers and devil may care progressive liberals are now meeting a situation they they can't punch in the face or cry oppression over. I live in a west indian neighborhood where I can't open the the window without smelling weed at whatever hour of the day. We have plenty of toilet paper on the shelves but all the Funyuns and snack foods are sold out and the Chinese restaurants have been closed. About a month ago, I stocked up on food, laundry detergent, ammo, and other med supplies (fever reducers, electrolyte sources) and i'm just watching everyone go crazy now. I was essential staff but since then have been made to work at home starting 7 business days ago.
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Saw this on Facebook.

Agree completely. Shutting everything down is a quick way to make everything worse.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In my area we have tape and signs marking the six foot mark. It’s still odd having a 24 foot line when 4 people are waiting. I’m going to try shopping today if the place is too busy I’ll just have noodles tonight

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In my area we have tape and signs marking the six foot mark. It’s still odd having a 24 foot line when 4 people are waiting. I’m going to try shopping today if the place is too busy I’ll just have noodles tonight
    Queues get big quite quickly for shopping. Priority is given to the elderly and NHS staff.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Saw this on Facebook.

Agree completely. Shutting everything down is a quick way to make everything worse.

It may not be beneficial or even practical.

But until federal mandates begin to come down prohibiting things like church gatherings and other similar no-brainers, well-intentioned measures by states will be like pissing into the wind (to keep the peeing analogy going).

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Saw this on Facebook.

But until federal mandates begin to come down prohibiting things like church gatherings and other similar no-brainers, well-intentioned measures by states will be like pissing into the wind (to keep the peeing analogy going).
    All social gatherings have stopped for gyms, religious practices, funerals, pubs/restaurants ect

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Saw this on Facebook.

All social gatherings have stopped for gyms, religious practices, funerals, pubs/restaurants ect

And yet there's this......

https://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/...virus-outbreak

"Florida's statewide stay-at-home order still allows gathering in places of worship during coronavirus outbreak"

Thread Information