Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Lock down.

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    I have just dropped some shopping and school work stuff for the grand kids around to the daughters, and had to leave it in the porch so as not to come in contact. There are so many of us in the 'at risk' category in my family it is a bit tricky to get everything sorted out. Technically i am 'at risk' because both Ankylosing Spondylitis and Psoriatic Arthritis are auto immune diseases and if anything happened to me my Mrs would be up shit creek without a paddle, but so is she, her daughter and oldest grandson, oh and her mother too. Scary times.
    Well done mate stay safe.
    Beaner I don’t want to get personal so please ignore if this is but did a doc warn you about the psoriatic issue. I have it but stopped all treatment as my skin is ok and I’m not overwhelmed by pain. I wonder if being off the meds helps or hurts at times like this. @Beanz
    It along with Ankylosing Spondylitis is the reason the civil service gave for retiring me on health grounds in my 30's. I gave up all meds about 7 years ago and I think if you have already stopped using them, you are probably better off without the meds right now. I don't know what you were prescribed, but assume it was some kind of anti-inflammatory like NSAIDS, and at the end of the day they work by dampening down the bodies immune response. There is a lot of rubbish being spread about Ibuprofen, but even so Doctors are suggesting using Paracetemol instead until they understand more about the virus.

I am trying to keep active because not moving you will know is really bad for any kind of arthritis and you soon lock up.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    ​Day 1: mowed the lawns, jetwashed patios, painted the shed and gates, planted this year's veg, cleaned the barbecue ..... whatvthe fuck am I going to do for the next 3 weeks (months?)

Ha! I thought you said jet washed the potatoes there for a minute (:

Throw some paint on the patio, some turps on the fences, dig up the veg and have a barby.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

El Kabong Guest

Retired in your 30's? Must be nice.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

Not really because the civil service made sure by rehiring me on rolling contracts, sometimes directly, and at other times through third parties, that my pension amounts to about £1.49 a year. Seriously. So no not really. Glad to get out when i did, and then paid to retrain myself, and then started my own business, so it all worked out in the end.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I doubt beanz would enjoy retirement in his 30s health is everything my brother worked till he was 67 one year after retirement his arm broke he is riddled with cancer his lung his pelvis his ribs kidney removed three and a half years and he still is fighting I hope this fucking virus does not get him.😕

El Kabong Guest

Not really because the civil service made sure by rehiring me on rolling contracts, sometimes directly, and at other times through third parties, that my pension amounts to about £1.49 a year. Seriously. So no not really. Glad to get out when i did, and then paid to retrain myself, and then started my own business, so it all worked out in the end.
    I mean I get the whole you didn't choose that for yourself. I was just thinking...nervermind.

Everything worked out in the end and that's the good part of the story. I mean you COULD still be stuck at that old job instead of living the dream you carved out for yourself right? Life could be different for the better or worse, but it is what it is now and you're enjoying it and that's positive yeah?

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I mean I get the whole you didn't choose that for yourself. I was just thinking...nervermind.

Everything worked out in the end and that's the good part of the story. I mean you COULD still be stuck at that old job instead of living the dream you carved out for yourself right? Life could be different for the better or worse, but it is what it is now and you're enjoying it and that's positive yeah?
    Um.. Yeah (:

Not quite living the dream, but crime is pretty depressing stuff to deal with day in day out so glad to not have to now.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am in a pretty rural area. No paved road, no street lights, no sewage mains, no gas mains. People can get quite isolated but there is a great sense of community and neighbourliness (even if the closest neighbours are quite far away)

There is a free app called Zoom. We have all downloaded it and lots of us went online on a group video call today to check everyone is ok and have a chat. There are few older and 'at risk' people around. We have scheduled another in for next week.

I do a monthly quiz night at my local pub, so will be doing it online for our regulars and neighbours. Everyone will join in on Zoom, with a few beers and have some fun. There is even a picture round and a music round. It is a fucking great quiz if I do say so myself.
    Last edited by X; 03-25-2020 at 02:59 AM.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    I have just dropped some shopping and school work stuff for the grand kids around to the daughters, and had to leave it in the porch so as not to come in contact. There are so many of us in the 'at risk' category in my family it is a bit tricky to get everything sorted out. Technically i am 'at risk' because both Ankylosing Spondylitis and Psoriatic Arthritis are auto immune diseases and if anything happened to me my Mrs would be up shit creek without a paddle, but so is she, her daughter and oldest grandson, oh and her mother too. Scary times.
    Well done mate stay safe.
    Beaner I don’t want to get personal so please ignore if this is but did a doc warn you about the psoriatic issue. I have it but stopped all treatment as my skin is ok and I’m not overwhelmed by pain. I wonder if being off the meds helps or hurts at times like this. @Beanz
    It along with Ankylosing Spondylitis is the reason the civil service gave for retiring me on health grounds in my 30's. I gave up all meds about 7 years ago and I think if you have already stopped using them, you are probably better off without the meds right now. I don't know what you were prescribed, but assume it was some kind of anti-inflammatory like NSAIDS, and at the end of the day they work by dampening down the bodies immune response. There is a lot of rubbish being spread about Ibuprofen, but even so Doctors are suggesting using Paracetemol instead until they understand more about the virus.

I am trying to keep active because not moving you will know is really bad for any kind of arthritis and you soon lock up.
    i was on the big guns like humira and embrel for a while. Of the docs want you on them for life but I don’t like shooting biological meds into my body. I’ve been following it since I first took it and seriously I’d say 4-6 months treatment gives me years of relief so why the hell stay on the shit. I gave up on being completely pain free but my current pain level is no where near debilitating I can chop my own wood, go hiking etc so I see no reason to load up on those serious drugs when I’m at this level.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    I am in a pretty rural area. No paved road, no street lights, no sewage mains, no gas mains. People can get quite isolated but there is a great sense of community and neighbourliness (even if the closest neighbours are quite far away)

There is a free app called Zoom. We have all downloaded it and lots of us went online on a group video call today to check everyone is ok and have a chat. There are few older and 'at risk' people around. We have scheduled another in for next week.

I do a monthly quiz night at my local pub, so will be doing it online for our regulars and neighbours. Everyone will join in on Zoom, with a few beers and have some fun. There is even a picture round and a music round. It is a fucking great quiz if I do say so myself.
    I think you should invite us all to your quiz night. I'm brilliant at quizzes. When I say brilliant, I mean loud and drunk. Same thing though right?
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nice sunny day start cleaning my block paving the birds are singing wife and son in work a baby crying a few dogs barking fucking cats shit on my lawns.🙂

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nice sunny day start cleaning my block paving the birds are singing wife and son in work a baby crying a few dogs barking fucking cats shit on my lawns.������
    Shouldn't laugh I'm sure there are worse things in the World than cat shit in your garden but I cant think of many, evil stuff.

Our cat got into a fight yesterday. A cat got through our cat flap so in the house. Our cat who's outside spots this, marches over and 'protects' his patch. The other cat wants to leave, but is on the inside. Our thick twat cat is protecting his patch from the wrong side of the door so wont let him leave. Much hissing and weird baby noises ensued. I eventually made the other cat leave, left them too it for a while, was funny. Doug gave the other cat a couple of swipes on the way out but it was more of a 'yeah you'd better run' kind of attack.

I'm sure there will be more riveting stories like this in the coming days/weeks
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am working from home today and bored. Not motivated to work and do not want to do anything. I need to get out!!!

I can not take 3 months of this.
    Last edited by Master; 03-25-2020 at 04:31 PM.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's basically same as usual for me, however, imagine how fucked we'd be without all this modern internet/social media shit? My gawd... if people are pulling their hair out after a week imagine it happened 20 years ago? Suicide central.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Will be interesting to see if these tests really are reliable and available within days. Hope also that their is some kind of requirement to report if you test positive as tracking and understanding the data seems to be key in lowering transmission rates and keeping people alive.

"Thousands of 15-minute home tests for coronavirus will be delivered by Amazon to people self-isolating with symptoms or will go on sale on the high street within days, according to Public Health England (PHE), in a move that could restore many people’s lives to a semblance of pre-lockdown normality...."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...box=1585146737
    Hidden Content

Thread Information