Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
I have just dropped some shopping and school work stuff for the grand kids around to the daughters, and had to leave it in the porch so as not to come in contact. There are so many of us in the 'at risk' category in my family it is a bit tricky to get everything sorted out. Technically i am 'at risk' because both Ankylosing Spondylitis and Psoriatic Arthritis are auto immune diseases and if anything happened to me my Mrs would be up shit creek without a paddle, but so is she, her daughter and oldest grandson, oh and her mother too. Scary times.
Well done mate stay safe.
Beaner I don’t want to get personal so please ignore if this is but did a doc warn you about the psoriatic issue. I have it but stopped all treatment as my skin is ok and I’m not overwhelmed by pain. I wonder if being off the meds helps or hurts at times like this. @Beanz
It along with Ankylosing Spondylitis is the reason the civil service gave for retiring me on health grounds in my 30's. I gave up all meds about 7 years ago and I think if you have already stopped using them, you are probably better off without the meds right now. I don't know what you were prescribed, but assume it was some kind of anti-inflammatory like NSAIDS, and at the end of the day they work by dampening down the bodies immune response. There is a lot of rubbish being spread about Ibuprofen, but even so Doctors are suggesting using Paracetemol instead until they understand more about the virus.

I am trying to keep active because not moving you will know is really bad for any kind of arthritis and you soon lock up.