Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Who among these active boxers is IBHOF worthy?

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    9,397
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    538
    Cool Clicks

    Default Who among these active boxers is IBHOF worthy?

    If they retired tomorrow, who would deserve to get into the IBHOF?

    Sergey Kovalev
    Chad Dawson
    Jean Pascal
    Terrence Crawford
    Vasyl Lomachenko
    Oleksander Usyk
    Deontay Wilder
    Canelo Alvarez
    Tyson Fury
    Gennady Golovkin

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    57,843
    Mentioned
    1509 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2744
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Who among these active boxers is IBHOF worthy?

    Sergey Kovalev
    Terrence Crawford
    Vasyl Lomachenko
    Oleksander Usyk
    Canelo Alvarez
    Tyson Fury
    Gennady Golovkin
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    21,650
    Mentioned
    464 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1686
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Who among these active boxers is IBHOF worthy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Sergey Kovalev
    Terrence Crawford
    Vasyl Lomachenko
    Oleksander Usyk
    Canelo Alvarez
    Tyson Fury
    Gennady Golovkin


    That's not a bad list, and I'm pretty sure nobody would have any issues with whom you've left out.

    However, if forced to whittle down your list even further, based solely on career longevity and achievements, I'm afraid I'd still leave 3 fighters off the list for now.... although they're "shoo-ins" to get in anyway.

    Loma, Usyk, and Fury.... with a possible delay on Crawford also.



    BTW, several fighters still active at the lower weights were left off the list. Chocolatito being the first and foremost one to come to mind.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    4,221
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    407
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Who among these active boxers is IBHOF worthy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    If they retired tomorrow, who would deserve to get into the IBHOF?

    Sergey Kovalev
    Chad Dawson
    Jean Pascal
    Terrence Crawford
    Vasyl Lomachenko
    Oleksander Usyk
    Deontay Wilder
    Canelo Alvarez
    Tyson Fury
    Gennady Golovkin
    This is going off of what I see the IBHOF using as a criteria and not necessarily what I believe. I think they let in too many unworthy boxers, but it is what it is.

    Kovalev: He was the top guy at the weight class for years and was a top p4p fighter. Also arguably the only person to ever beat Ward. So yes he is in.

    Dawson: I think he barely misses it. He didn’t last long enough as the champion as had some not so great losses. He was more someone who seemed to have the skills but never really got where I thought he could go.

    Pascal: Not close. Solid fighter but has always been more of a gatekeeper type than a champion type. I know he has won “titles,” but he was never close to the best at his weight.

    Crawford: Definitely in. No explanation needed.

    Loma: definitely in especially considering his amateur career.

    Usyk: He’s in because he unified a weight class which is pretty rare these days as well as been regarded as a top p4p guy for some years.

    Wilder: If he would have beaten Fury at least one time, maybe he could have a small argument, but he hasn’t done enough to make it.

    Canelo: Yes. Good fighter but makes it in easily based off of his fame and money making ability.

    Fury: He makes it. Beat Wlad and just destroyed Wilder and most everyone thinks he beat him the first fight. He has at least proven to be the HW throughout his career.

    GGG: Yes easily

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    9,397
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    538
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Who among these active boxers is IBHOF worthy?

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    That's not a bad list, and I'm pretty sure nobody would have any issues with whom you've left out.

    However, if forced to whittle down your list even further, based solely on career longevity and achievements, I'm afraid I'd still leave 3 fighters off the list for now.... although they're "shoo-ins" to get in anyway.

    Loma, Usyk, and Fury.... with a possible delay on Crawford also.



    BTW, several fighters still active at the lower weights were left off the list. Chocolatito being the first and foremost one to come to mind.
    You're right, I should have included he and Inoye. Sometimes I tend to overlook the little guys.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    6,235
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    459
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Who among these active boxers is IBHOF worthy?

    After having had a look at who is in I don’t reckon these would look out of place.
    Sergey Kovalev
    Terrence Crawford
    Vasyl Lomachenko
    Oleksander Usyk
    Canelo Alvarez
    Tyson Fury
    Gennady Golovkin
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    12,716
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1066
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Who among these active boxers is IBHOF worthy?

    Same as everyone else I think. I'd have them all going in save for Dawson, Pascal and wilder.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    1,211
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    74
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Who among these active boxers is IBHOF worthy?

    canelo
    Apply shame. Apply fame. The crook and the flail.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    This Lunatic Asylum
    Posts
    23,136
    Mentioned
    411 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2853
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Who among these active boxers is IBHOF worthy?

    If they retired tomorrow only three would be eligible for the first year. So... it's tough, very tough.

    Sergey Kovalev - No
    Chad Dawson - No
    Jean Pascal - No
    Terrence Crawford - Yes. Why? Multi-weight champion, unbeaten, undisputed at 140, Lineal/Ring, perennial P4P incumbent.
    Vasyl Lomachenko - Yes. Why? Greatest amateur ever, multi-weight champion, P4P, all-round boxing genius.
    Oleksander Usyk - Maybe/No. Why? Outstanding amateur, unbeaten, undisputed at cruiser, Lineal/Ring, P4P... However
    Deontay Wilder - No
    Canelo Alvarez - 100%. Why? Boxing royalty, multi-weight champion, resume littered with past and future HOF-ers, P4P incumbent.
    Tyson Fury - No.
    Gennady Golovkin - Maybe/No. Why? Outstanding middleweight king, one of the greatest ever, however, was unfortunately "robbed" of his crowning moment.

    I would be happy to see Golovkin or Uysk swap places with anyone. And i'm certain Fury and Wilder will get in too being heavyweight "champs" who created a big rivalry.
    Last edited by Fenster; 04-03-2020 at 02:04 PM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    4,221
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    407
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Who among these active boxers is IBHOF worthy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    If they retired tomorrow only three would be eligible for the first year. So... it's tough, very tough.

    Sergey Kovalev - No
    Chad Dawson - No
    Jean Pascal - No
    Terrence Crawford - Yes. Why? Multi-weight champion, unbeaten, undisputed at 140, Lineal/Ring, perennial P4P incumbent.
    Vasyl Lomachenko - Yes. Why? Greatest amateur ever, multi-weight champion, P4P, all-round boxing genius.
    Oleksander Usyk - Maybe/No. Why? Outstanding amateur, unbeaten, undisputed at cruiser, Lineal/Ring, P4P... However
    Deontay Wilder - No
    Canelo Alvarez - 100%. Why? Boxing royalty, multi-weight champion, resume littered with past and future HOF-ers, P4P incumbent.
    Tyson Fury - No.
    Gennady Golovkin - Maybe/No. Why? Outstanding middleweight king, one of the greatest ever, however, was unfortunately "robbed" of his crowning moment.

    I would be happy to see Golovkin or Uysk swap places with anyone. And i'm certain Fury and Wilder will get in too being heavyweight "champs" who created a big rivalry.
    Is this who you think really deserves to make it in? Because GGG will unquestionably be inducted if he never fought again. Like I said in my post, I think the IBHOF is too watered down and let’s in too many unworthy people. I picked people who I thought would make it it based on criteria.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    6,235
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    459
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Who among these active boxers is IBHOF worthy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    If they retired tomorrow only three would be eligible for the first year. So... it's tough, very tough.

    Sergey Kovalev - No
    Chad Dawson - No
    Jean Pascal - No
    Terrence Crawford - Yes. Why? Multi-weight champion, unbeaten, undisputed at 140, Lineal/Ring, perennial P4P incumbent.
    Vasyl Lomachenko - Yes. Why? Greatest amateur ever, multi-weight champion, P4P, all-round boxing genius.
    Oleksander Usyk - Maybe/No. Why? Outstanding amateur, unbeaten, undisputed at cruiser, Lineal/Ring, P4P... However
    Deontay Wilder - No
    Canelo Alvarez - 100%. Why? Boxing royalty, multi-weight champion, resume littered with past and future HOF-ers, P4P incumbent.
    Tyson Fury - No.
    Gennady Golovkin - Maybe/No. Why? Outstanding middleweight king, one of the greatest ever, however, was unfortunately "robbed" of his crowning moment.

    I would be happy to see Golovkin or Uysk swap places with anyone. And i'm certain Fury and Wilder will get in too being heavyweight "champs" who created a big rivalry.
    This is interesting , you say “no” to Fury, but don’t say why?
    I’m not having a pop here , I’m interested, because in all honesty, I nearly said no to Fury as well.
    But then I thought “am I being a bit harsh on him?”
    I convinced myself with the fact that he beat “The Man” and Infact had been the Man for a long time. Admittedly it was a shit fight.
    And then he fights another long standing champ (albeit relatively crap) in effect twice. Others have done far less.
    Don’t get me wrong, the rest of his career is pony, but is that enough?
    I guess I’m kinda wanting you to convince me that my original thinking was right and that he shouldn’t be in.
    Last edited by Primo Carnera; 04-03-2020 at 06:53 PM.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    4,221
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    407
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Who among these active boxers is IBHOF worthy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    If they retired tomorrow only three would be eligible for the first year. So... it's tough, very tough.

    Sergey Kovalev - No
    Chad Dawson - No
    Jean Pascal - No
    Terrence Crawford - Yes. Why? Multi-weight champion, unbeaten, undisputed at 140, Lineal/Ring, perennial P4P incumbent.
    Vasyl Lomachenko - Yes. Why? Greatest amateur ever, multi-weight champion, P4P, all-round boxing genius.
    Oleksander Usyk - Maybe/No. Why? Outstanding amateur, unbeaten, undisputed at cruiser, Lineal/Ring, P4P... However
    Deontay Wilder - No
    Canelo Alvarez - 100%. Why? Boxing royalty, multi-weight champion, resume littered with past and future HOF-ers, P4P incumbent.
    Tyson Fury - No.
    Gennady Golovkin - Maybe/No. Why? Outstanding middleweight king, one of the greatest ever, however, was unfortunately "robbed" of his crowning moment.

    I would be happy to see Golovkin or Uysk swap places with anyone. And i'm certain Fury and Wilder will get in too being heavyweight "champs" who created a big rivalry.
    This is interesting , you say “no” to Fury, but don’t say why?
    I’m not having a pop here , I’m interested, because in all honesty, I nearly said no to Fury as well.
    But then I thought “am I being a bit harsh on him?”
    I convinced myself with the fact that he beat “The Man” and Infact had been the Man for a long time. Admittedly it was a shit fight.
    And then he fights another long standing champ (albeit relatively crap) in effect twice. Others have done far less.
    Don’t get me wrong, the rest of his career is pony, but is that enough?
    I guess I’m kinda wanting you to convince me that my original thinking was right and that he shouldn’t be in.
    My own criteria, Fury doesn’t get in at this point of his career. The criteria that the IBHOF has, he for sure gets in. He was the lineal HW champion so that becomes automatic.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    This Lunatic Asylum
    Posts
    23,136
    Mentioned
    411 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2853
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Who among these active boxers is IBHOF worthy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    If they retired tomorrow only three would be eligible for the first year. So... it's tough, very tough.

    Sergey Kovalev - No
    Chad Dawson - No
    Jean Pascal - No
    Terrence Crawford - Yes. Why? Multi-weight champion, unbeaten, undisputed at 140, Lineal/Ring, perennial P4P incumbent.
    Vasyl Lomachenko - Yes. Why? Greatest amateur ever, multi-weight champion, P4P, all-round boxing genius.
    Oleksander Usyk - Maybe/No. Why? Outstanding amateur, unbeaten, undisputed at cruiser, Lineal/Ring, P4P... However
    Deontay Wilder - No
    Canelo Alvarez - 100%. Why? Boxing royalty, multi-weight champion, resume littered with past and future HOF-ers, P4P incumbent.
    Tyson Fury - No.
    Gennady Golovkin - Maybe/No. Why? Outstanding middleweight king, one of the greatest ever, however, was unfortunately "robbed" of his crowning moment.

    I would be happy to see Golovkin or Uysk swap places with anyone. And i'm certain Fury and Wilder will get in too being heavyweight "champs" who created a big rivalry.
    This is interesting , you say “no” to Fury, but don’t say why?
    I’m not having a pop here , I’m interested, because in all honesty, I nearly said no to Fury as well.
    But then I thought “am I being a bit harsh on him?”
    I convinced myself with the fact that he beat “The Man” and Infact had been the Man for a long time. Admittedly it was a shit fight.
    And then he fights another long standing champ (albeit relatively crap) in effect twice. Others have done far less.
    Don’t get me wrong, the rest of his career is pony, but is that enough?
    I guess I’m kinda wanting you to convince me that my original thinking was right and that he shouldn’t be in.
    Fury will definitely get in the HOF as he's the lineal heavyweight champion and has been a star/character of this era (headlining Las Vegas etc). However, anyone who votes for him against that list DKSAB (you can only have three per year).

    Fury's credentials - lineal heavyweight champion, dethroned previous eras king, beat Wilder. That's it. Yet to prove himself the best of his own era. Five of those men listed could have successfully competed in any era regardless of all the accolades and silverware.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    This Lunatic Asylum
    Posts
    23,136
    Mentioned
    411 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2853
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Who among these active boxers is IBHOF worthy?

    Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    If they retired tomorrow only three would be eligible for the first year. So... it's tough, very tough.

    Sergey Kovalev - No
    Chad Dawson - No
    Jean Pascal - No
    Terrence Crawford - Yes. Why? Multi-weight champion, unbeaten, undisputed at 140, Lineal/Ring, perennial P4P incumbent.
    Vasyl Lomachenko - Yes. Why? Greatest amateur ever, multi-weight champion, P4P, all-round boxing genius.
    Oleksander Usyk - Maybe/No. Why? Outstanding amateur, unbeaten, undisputed at cruiser, Lineal/Ring, P4P... However
    Deontay Wilder - No
    Canelo Alvarez - 100%. Why? Boxing royalty, multi-weight champion, resume littered with past and future HOF-ers, P4P incumbent.
    Tyson Fury - No.
    Gennady Golovkin - Maybe/No. Why? Outstanding middleweight king, one of the greatest ever, however, was unfortunately "robbed" of his crowning moment.

    I would be happy to see Golovkin or Uysk swap places with anyone. And i'm certain Fury and Wilder will get in too being heavyweight "champs" who created a big rivalry.
    Is this who you think really deserves to make it in? Because GGG will unquestionably be inducted if he never fought again. Like I said in my post, I think the IBHOF is too watered down and let’s in too many unworthy people. I picked people who I thought would make it it based on criteria.
    I agree with your picks - based on criteria - except I made it tougher as only three per year are allowed.

    Golovkin and Fury are shoo-ins. I have no doubt Wilder beiing an American Heavyweight "champion" with 10 defences is a shoo-in (modern writers were calling him the "hardest puncher in history"). Dawson and Kovalev will need a weak year.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Which of the following boxers belong in the IBHOF?
    By Freedom in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-16-2018, 08:26 AM
  2. Ibhof 's new selections for boxers
    By holmcall in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-17-2016, 02:16 PM
  3. Name 5 ACTIVE boxers who have fought in 4 decades?
    By CutMeMick in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 06-06-2014, 05:26 AM
  4. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-06-2013, 10:32 PM
  5. Which active boxers could beat Hopkins right now?
    By porkypara in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 09-17-2009, 04:48 PM

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2019 Saddo Boxing - Boxing