Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  26
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 211

Thread: If you say wuhan virus you are a racist and xenophobic

Share/Bookmark
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    48,406
    Mentioned
    941 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3195
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: If you say wuhan virus you are a racist and xenophobic

    Only people blinded by evidence. It so researched that to deny it is in my view similar to suggesting the earth is flat. Lots of research all saying the same. It hurts feelings, but is a fact. The only question is why.

    As for China. Wake up. Who gains the most from all this...for now?
    https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWNc_AZewu7AAERwCfLfupUZIJSbzqC MgjXFbc0u9YrZkuInoB

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    57,790
    Mentioned
    1507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2742
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: If you say wuhan virus you are a racist and xenophobic

    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Only people blinded by evidence. It so researched that to deny it is in my view similar to suggesting the earth is flat. Lots of research all saying the same. It hurts feelings, but is a fact. The only question is why.

    As for China. Wake up. Who gains the most from all this...for now?
    You "Awoke" now? That was relatively quick for you. Hard to keep up.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    21,588
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1684
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: If you say wuhan virus you are a racist and xenophobic

    I try to keep it real.

    Did it originate in China? Sure... all evidence points in that direction.

    Were the Chinese less than forthcoming about it in the beginning? Probably so. They're not exactly the world model for an open, communicative society.

    Is it a WMD they've released? That's where the reaching begins. I'm not a fan of unsubstantiated conspiracy theories.

    I'll also reiterate I don't see anything wrong with calling it the Wuhan virus...... just as I don't see any issues with people calling the 1918 bug the Spanish flu.

    I'm more interested in people's intent.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    22,349
    Mentioned
    836 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1067
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: If you say wuhan virus you are a racist and xenophobic

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    I try to keep it real.

    Did it originate in China? Sure... all evidence points in that direction.

    Were the Chinese less than forthcoming about it in the beginning? Probably so. They're not exactly the world model for an open, communicative society.

    Is it a WMD they've released? That's where the reaching begins. I'm not a fan of unsubstantiated conspiracy theories.

    I'll also reiterate I don't see anything wrong with calling it the Wuhan virus...... just as I don't see any issues with people calling the 1918 bug the Spanish flu.

    I'm more interested in people's intent.

    Except the Spanish Flu did not start in Spain it started in American Forts. It is important because naming something shapes people's reaction to it and their behaviour too. Look at AIDS originally known as GRID Gay Related Immune Deficiency and how for so long many straight people thought they could carry on without consequence. Again why is HnN1 Flu not called Swine Flu or North Carolina Flu? because idiots then go and wipe out whole herds of healthy pigs, and destroy the livelihoods of those who depend on them. Surely the case of some 2 year old Chinese kid and his parents being attacked and the attacks on Chinese communities all over the world is more important than giving Trump and his racist pals an excuse to label an entire country?

    If it were man made there is probably just as much chance that it was made by the American Military in NC as the Chinese in their country.
    Hidden Content

    "I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

  5. #35
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    21,588
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1684
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: If you say wuhan virus you are a racist and xenophobic

    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    I try to keep it real.

    Did it originate in China? Sure... all evidence points in that direction.

    Were the Chinese less than forthcoming about it in the beginning? Probably so. They're not exactly the world model for an open, communicative society.

    Is it a WMD they've released? That's where the reaching begins. I'm not a fan of unsubstantiated conspiracy theories.

    I'll also reiterate I don't see anything wrong with calling it the Wuhan virus...... just as I don't see any issues with people calling the 1918 bug the Spanish flu.

    I'm more interested in people's intent.

    Except the Spanish Flu did not start in Spain it started in American Forts. It is important because naming something shapes people's reaction to it and their behaviour too. Look at AIDS originally known as GRID Gay Related Immune Deficiency and how for so long many straight people thought they could carry on without consequence. Again why is HnN1 Flu not called Swine Flu or North Carolina Flu? because idiots then go and wipe out whole herds of healthy pigs, and destroy the livelihoods of those who depend on them. Surely the case of some 2 year old Chinese kid and his parents being attacked and the attacks on Chinese communities all over the world is more important than giving Trump and his racist pals an excuse to label an entire country?

    If it were man made there is probably just as much chance that it was made by the American Military in NC as the Chinese in their country.

    "Naming something shapes [SUSCEPTIBLE] people's reaction to it and their behavior too." I added the word susceptible because that's who is shaped by names. Other, wiser people see names for what they are, identifiers. Nothing more... nothing less.

    In the PC world spectrum, I again inhabit that mostly uninhabited region known as common sense. On one extreme are those who would argue that calling someone offensive names is ok.... as long as they don't threaten or physically touch you. On the other extreme, you have those who constantly seek out more and more names and phrases to call offensive. I'm proudly neither.

    Was never aware of the GRID designation in my own circles.... would've refrained from using it knowing the truth about the disease.

    In my opinion, the fact that a 2-year old Chinese kid and his parents would be attacked without provocation speaks more about the persistent pestilence of racism in the world, than about naming of viruses. Anyone moved to commit such crimes of hate and ignorance are nothing but a ticking time bomb that will be set off by any number of excuses.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    59,547
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3022
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: If you say wuhan virus you are a racist and xenophobic

    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Except the Spanish Flu did not start in Spain it started in American Forts. It is important because naming something shapes people's reaction to it and their behaviour too. Look at AIDS originally known as GRID Gay Related Immune Deficiency and how for so long many straight people thought they could carry on without consequence. Again why is HnN1 Flu not called Swine Flu or North Carolina Flu? because idiots then go and wipe out whole herds of healthy pigs, and destroy the livelihoods of those who depend on them. Surely the case of some 2 year old Chinese kid and his parents being attacked and the attacks on Chinese communities all over the world is more important than giving Trump and his racist pals an excuse to label an entire country?

    If it were man made there is probably just as much chance that it was made by the American Military in NC as the Chinese in their country.
    It's called swine flu quite routinely https://www.wral.com/news/local/video/5867907/ 'Cary student recalls having swine flu'.....but hey what would I know about it. Also in 2009 it first appeared in Mexico. But anywho as you were, carry on.
    Last edited by El Kabong; 04-07-2020 at 07:33 PM.
    "Drown in a vat of whiskey.....death where is thy sting?" - W.C. Fields.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    22,349
    Mentioned
    836 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1067
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: If you say wuhan virus you are a racist and xenophobic

    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Except the Spanish Flu did not start in Spain it started in American Forts. It is important because naming something shapes people's reaction to it and their behaviour too. Look at AIDS originally known as GRID Gay Related Immune Deficiency and how for so long many straight people thought they could carry on without consequence. Again why is HnN1 Flu not called Swine Flu or North Carolina Flu? because idiots then go and wipe out whole herds of healthy pigs, and destroy the livelihoods of those who depend on them. Surely the case of some 2 year old Chinese kid and his parents being attacked and the attacks on Chinese communities all over the world is more important than giving Trump and his racist pals an excuse to label an entire country?

    If it were man made there is probably just as much chance that it was made by the American Military in NC as the Chinese in their country.
    It's called swine flu quite routinely https://www.wral.com/news/local/video/5867907/ 'Cary student recalls having swine flu'.....but hey what would I know about it. Also in 2009 it first appeared in Mexico. But anywho as you were, carry on.
    People call 'Spanish Flu' something that did not originate in Spain. The point is nobody is calling people racist for calling it whatever you want, but it serves no useful purpose to dig your heels in (not you) in order to insist it is somehow an infringment of free speech or some such bollocks to call it Wuhan Virus.

    It is the worse kind of Devils advocate virtue signalling, which is a massive part of the lame alt right stuff pedalled by some of the childish losers on this forum.
    Hidden Content

    "I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    14,859
    Mentioned
    638 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    624
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: If you say wuhan virus you are a racist and xenophobic

    China owes the world bigtime for the lies about this wuhan virus at the get go. Things could have gone much different

  9. #39
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    21,588
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1684
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: If you say wuhan virus you are a racist and xenophobic

    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Except the Spanish Flu did not start in Spain it started in American Forts. It is important because naming something shapes people's reaction to it and their behaviour too. Look at AIDS originally known as GRID Gay Related Immune Deficiency and how for so long many straight people thought they could carry on without consequence. Again why is HnN1 Flu not called Swine Flu or North Carolina Flu? because idiots then go and wipe out whole herds of healthy pigs, and destroy the livelihoods of those who depend on them. Surely the case of some 2 year old Chinese kid and his parents being attacked and the attacks on Chinese communities all over the world is more important than giving Trump and his racist pals an excuse to label an entire country?

    If it were man made there is probably just as much chance that it was made by the American Military in NC as the Chinese in their country.
    It's called swine flu quite routinely https://www.wral.com/news/local/video/5867907/ 'Cary student recalls having swine flu'.....but hey what would I know about it. Also in 2009 it first appeared in Mexico. But anywho as you were, carry on.
    People call 'Spanish Flu' something that did not originate in Spain. The point is nobody is calling people racist for calling it whatever you want, but it serves no useful purpose to dig your heels in (not you) in order to insist it is somehow an infringment of free speech or some such bollocks to call it Wuhan Virus.

    It is the worse kind of Devils advocate virtue signalling, which is a massive part of the lame alt right stuff pedalled by some of the childish losers on this forum.


    Seeing you exclude El Kabong from this particular indictment, who then besides Gandalf are you bunching together as "the childish losers on this forum" who "pedal lame alt right stuff" of which "devils advocate virtue signaling" is a massive part of?

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    57,790
    Mentioned
    1507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2742
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: If you say wuhan virus you are a racist and xenophobic

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Except the Spanish Flu did not start in Spain it started in American Forts. It is important because naming something shapes people's reaction to it and their behaviour too. Look at AIDS originally known as GRID Gay Related Immune Deficiency and how for so long many straight people thought they could carry on without consequence. Again why is HnN1 Flu not called Swine Flu or North Carolina Flu? because idiots then go and wipe out whole herds of healthy pigs, and destroy the livelihoods of those who depend on them. Surely the case of some 2 year old Chinese kid and his parents being attacked and the attacks on Chinese communities all over the world is more important than giving Trump and his racist pals an excuse to label an entire country?

    If it were man made there is probably just as much chance that it was made by the American Military in NC as the Chinese in their country.
    It's called swine flu quite routinely https://www.wral.com/news/local/video/5867907/ 'Cary student recalls having swine flu'.....but hey what would I know about it. Also in 2009 it first appeared in Mexico. But anywho as you were, carry on.
    People call 'Spanish Flu' something that did not originate in Spain. The point is nobody is calling people racist for calling it whatever you want, but it serves no useful purpose to dig your heels in (not you) in order to insist it is somehow an infringment of free speech or some such bollocks to call it Wuhan Virus.

    It is the worse kind of Devils advocate virtue signalling, which is a massive part of the lame alt right stuff pedalled by some of the childish losers on this forum.


    Seeing you exclude El Kabong from this particular indictment, who then besides Gandalf are you bunching together as "the childish losers on this forum" who "pedal lame alt right stuff" of which "devils advocate virtue signaling" is a massive part of?
    Walrus. His true motive has come out.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    59,547
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3022
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: If you say wuhan virus you are a racist and xenophobic

    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    People call 'Spanish Flu' something that did not originate in Spain. The point is nobody is calling people racist for calling it whatever you want, but it serves no useful purpose to dig your heels in (not you) in order to insist it is somehow an infringment of free speech or some such bollocks to call it Wuhan Virus.

    It is the worse kind of Devils advocate virtue signalling, which is a massive part of the lame alt right stuff pedalled by some of the childish losers on this forum.
    All I said was we call H1N1 "swine flu" on the regular down here....why so irritated? I'm not aware of anything bad that has happened to hogs here either, we've got quite a few of them and they'll end up as BBQ or sausage or bacon or pork chops.

    I've yet to see one have a hate crime committed against them
    "Drown in a vat of whiskey.....death where is thy sting?" - W.C. Fields.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    21,588
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1684
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: If you say wuhan virus you are a racist and xenophobic

    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Except the Spanish Flu did not start in Spain it started in American Forts. It is important because naming something shapes people's reaction to it and their behaviour too. Look at AIDS originally known as GRID Gay Related Immune Deficiency and how for so long many straight people thought they could carry on without consequence. Again why is HnN1 Flu not called Swine Flu or North Carolina Flu? because idiots then go and wipe out whole herds of healthy pigs, and destroy the livelihoods of those who depend on them. Surely the case of some 2 year old Chinese kid and his parents being attacked and the attacks on Chinese communities all over the world is more important than giving Trump and his racist pals an excuse to label an entire country?

    If it were man made there is probably just as much chance that it was made by the American Military in NC as the Chinese in their country.
    It's called swine flu quite routinely https://www.wral.com/news/local/video/5867907/ 'Cary student recalls having swine flu'.....but hey what would I know about it. Also in 2009 it first appeared in Mexico. But anywho as you were, carry on.
    People call 'Spanish Flu' something that did not originate in Spain. The point is nobody is calling people racist for calling it whatever you want, but it serves no useful purpose to dig your heels in (not you) in order to insist it is somehow an infringment of free speech or some such bollocks to call it Wuhan Virus.

    It is the worse kind of Devils advocate virtue signalling, which is a massive part of the lame alt right stuff pedalled by some of the childish losers on this forum.


    Seeing you exclude El Kabong from this particular indictment, who then besides Gandalf are you bunching together as "the childish losers on this forum" who "pedal lame alt right stuff" of which "devils advocate virtue signaling" is a massive part of?
    Walrus. His true motive has come out.

    "Some of the childish losers on this forum" is plural. I think it's time we start addressing each other responsibly and directly, as adults.

    If nothing else, I strive to be crystal clear with my opinions, no matter how unpopular they may be (which reminds me of that long-forgotten thread about unpopular opinions ).

    I'll also address the person directly when I need to.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    14,859
    Mentioned
    638 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    624
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: If you say wuhan virus you are a racist and xenophobic

    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Except the Spanish Flu did not start in Spain it started in American Forts. It is important because naming something shapes people's reaction to it and their behaviour too. Look at AIDS originally known as GRID Gay Related Immune Deficiency and how for so long many straight people thought they could carry on without consequence. Again why is HnN1 Flu not called Swine Flu or North Carolina Flu? because idiots then go and wipe out whole herds of healthy pigs, and destroy the livelihoods of those who depend on them. Surely the case of some 2 year old Chinese kid and his parents being attacked and the attacks on Chinese communities all over the world is more important than giving Trump and his racist pals an excuse to label an entire country?

    If it were man made there is probably just as much chance that it was made by the American Military in NC as the Chinese in their country.
    It's called swine flu quite routinely https://www.wral.com/news/local/video/5867907/ 'Cary student recalls having swine flu'.....but hey what would I know about it. Also in 2009 it first appeared in Mexico. But anywho as you were, carry on.
    People call 'Spanish Flu' something that did not originate in Spain. The point is nobody is calling people racist for calling it whatever you want, but it serves no useful purpose to dig your heels in (not you) in order to insist it is somehow an infringment of free speech or some such bollocks to call it Wuhan Virus.

    It is the worse kind of Devils advocate virtue signalling, which is a massive part of the lame alt right stuff pedalled by some of the childish losers on this forum.


    Seeing you exclude El Kabong from this particular indictment, who then besides Gandalf are you bunching together as "the childish losers on this forum" who "pedal lame alt right stuff" of which "devils advocate virtue signaling" is a massive part of?
    Walrus. His true motive has come out.
    What’s my true motive

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    57,790
    Mentioned
    1507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2742
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: If you say wuhan virus you are a racist and xenophobic

    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Except the Spanish Flu did not start in Spain it started in American Forts. It is important because naming something shapes people's reaction to it and their behaviour too. Look at AIDS originally known as GRID Gay Related Immune Deficiency and how for so long many straight people thought they could carry on without consequence. Again why is HnN1 Flu not called Swine Flu or North Carolina Flu? because idiots then go and wipe out whole herds of healthy pigs, and destroy the livelihoods of those who depend on them. Surely the case of some 2 year old Chinese kid and his parents being attacked and the attacks on Chinese communities all over the world is more important than giving Trump and his racist pals an excuse to label an entire country?

    If it were man made there is probably just as much chance that it was made by the American Military in NC as the Chinese in their country.
    It's called swine flu quite routinely https://www.wral.com/news/local/video/5867907/ 'Cary student recalls having swine flu'.....but hey what would I know about it. Also in 2009 it first appeared in Mexico. But anywho as you were, carry on.
    People call 'Spanish Flu' something that did not originate in Spain. The point is nobody is calling people racist for calling it whatever you want, but it serves no useful purpose to dig your heels in (not you) in order to insist it is somehow an infringment of free speech or some such bollocks to call it Wuhan Virus.

    It is the worse kind of Devils advocate virtue signalling, which is a massive part of the lame alt right stuff pedalled by some of the childish losers on this forum.


    Seeing you exclude El Kabong from this particular indictment, who then besides Gandalf are you bunching together as "the childish losers on this forum" who "pedal lame alt right stuff" of which "devils advocate virtue signaling" is a massive part of?
    Walrus. His true motive has come out.
    What’s my true motive
    Political.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    14,859
    Mentioned
    638 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    624
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: If you say wuhan virus you are a racist and xenophobic

    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Except the Spanish Flu did not start in Spain it started in American Forts. It is important because naming something shapes people's reaction to it and their behaviour too. Look at AIDS originally known as GRID Gay Related Immune Deficiency and how for so long many straight people thought they could carry on without consequence. Again why is HnN1 Flu not called Swine Flu or North Carolina Flu? because idiots then go and wipe out whole herds of healthy pigs, and destroy the livelihoods of those who depend on them. Surely the case of some 2 year old Chinese kid and his parents being attacked and the attacks on Chinese communities all over the world is more important than giving Trump and his racist pals an excuse to label an entire country?

    If it were man made there is probably just as much chance that it was made by the American Military in NC as the Chinese in their country.
    It's called swine flu quite routinely https://www.wral.com/news/local/video/5867907/ 'Cary student recalls having swine flu'.....but hey what would I know about it. Also in 2009 it first appeared in Mexico. But anywho as you were, carry on.
    People call 'Spanish Flu' something that did not originate in Spain. The point is nobody is calling people racist for calling it whatever you want, but it serves no useful purpose to dig your heels in (not you) in order to insist it is somehow an infringment of free speech or some such bollocks to call it Wuhan Virus.

    It is the worse kind of Devils advocate virtue signalling, which is a massive part of the lame alt right stuff pedalled by some of the childish losers on this forum.


    Seeing you exclude El Kabong from this particular indictment, who then besides Gandalf are you bunching together as "the childish losers on this forum" who "pedal lame alt right stuff" of which "devils advocate virtue signaling" is a massive part of?
    Walrus. His true motive has come out.
    What’s my true motive
    Political.
    No not at all when I mention the virus. It just is what it is. The other matters are real life facts and I will bring them up. I think it is difficult to make a case that I am prejudice against Chinese however if you feel that is the case so be it.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Are u getting wuhan virus overload
    By walrus in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 04-18-2020, 02:37 AM
  2. Hmm.....Virus
    By Spicoli in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-28-2008, 01:01 AM
  3. MSN virus?
    By El Gamo in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 10-06-2007, 01:32 AM

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2019 Saddo Boxing - Boxing