So I mentioned prior I collect, repair and sell watches. Because of this I’m on a watchforum. It’s a good group of people very diverse from the 100 dollar seiko collectors to the guys that can drop 75k on a watch and not blink. Yesterday there was a news report that movado watch company is laying off most of their work force and cutting benefits for those left. I started a thread about it on the forum but in the heading I put something like movados reaction to the wuhan virus. Holy shit you wouldn’t believe the shit storm that created. I am racist against Chinese, I’m xenophobic. It got pretty intense. I did explain I had no malicious intent but we were calling this the wuhan virus when it first started then one day it just changed to covid. I explained I still often say wuhan because of that but nope, according to some people I’m racist against Chinese. It then spilled over to a fight betwixt those who knew what I was saying and those who say anyone who says wuhan is a racist or at the very least a dog whistle. Wtf. I asked the mod to lock the thread. He did but got back to me and took my side which I didn’t expect. Damn the world is getting tough it’s way to easy to set people off this wuhan virus is fucking up everything