Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

It's called swine flu quite routinely https://www.wral.com/news/local/video/5867907/ 'Cary student recalls having swine flu'.....but hey what would I know about it. Also in 2009 it first appeared in Mexico. But anywho as you were, carry on.
People call 'Spanish Flu' something that did not originate in Spain. The point is nobody is calling people racist for calling it whatever you want, but it serves no useful purpose to dig your heels in (not you) in order to insist it is somehow an infringment of free speech or some such bollocks to call it Wuhan Virus.

It is the worse kind of Devils advocate virtue signalling, which is a massive part of the lame alt right stuff pedalled by some of the childish losers on this forum.

Seeing you exclude El Kabong from this particular indictment, who then besides Gandalf are you bunching together as "the childish losers on this forum" who "pedal lame alt right stuff" of which "devils advocate virtue signaling" is a massive part of?
I was excluding El Kabong from this particular 'victim' crap, and I certainly don't think he is a racist, but he is certainly one of those pedalling the lame alt right free speech virtue signalling on this forum.

This whole thread is a perfect example of an inverted clarion call for victim hood. The exact thing those claiming it continually chastise the 'PC' opposition they do resemble themselves for.

Nobody is censoring anyone, just pointing out what you claim is plain speech or just 'keeping it real' is nothing of the sort. You are not even really interested in intent.

Walrus intent is hilariously nothing to do with being clear or straight talking, like he claimed, it is all about attributing blame.

Even you used the Spanish Flu as an example of keeping it real which again is very funny because it is probably one of the most famous examples of the opposite. The Spanish unlike the Chinese (and the Brits, Germans, French etc at the time) never covered anything up. That is why they got the blame for a plague that started in America. Their numbers were actually smaller but they never sugar coated them unlike the PC like attitude still present here amongst those pretending America and the UK are something they are not.

Call it what you want but without extensive testing the west, especially the UK is being hugely negligent and dishonest. Calling it Wuhan Virus is a way of trying to obscure that. The exact same politicisation, those using it, claim to be above engaging in.

You seem easily triggered and I'm hardly the only person to make this observation.

I won't speak for Walrus' intent (or lack of) in making the thread. As you should know by now, I speak for myself and only for myself. I also direct myself to one person and only that person. If I wish to loosely allude to others, which I prefer not to, I'll make clear who those others are.

Yes, I'm keeping it real, regardless of your opinion on the matter... because to me it's just a name. No intent... no hidden agenda.... from me. It is commonly accepted that the virus originated in Wuhan, China... so... so be it.

I'm well aware of the origin of the Spanish flu name, thank you. Yet it's the name plastered all over the Internet in all kinds of publications. I've yet to see an uproar from the Spaniards claiming racism.

I posted an article a few posts back with the names of more than a few viruses with names of places...... some have been named for places or occurrences in the States. You may have conveniently ignored that.

But our disagreement over a simple virus name is really a secondary point to me at this juncture.

The main point is that your penchant to address no one in particular, yet utilize the "sawed-off shotgun" approach, is annoying at best.

We're men. Address those you want to address clearly and without the need for your vague spraying of accusations. You want to argue something with me? Leave others out of it. It's a simple request.

If you argue with others, drop the juvenile "you guys" and "your gang" shit. It's a long worn out tactic only applauded by the precious few one with your mentality.

By the way, not that it matters.... but personally I call it the COVID-19, the scientifically accepted name.

But I won't burn Walrus or anyone else at the stake for calling it the Wuhan virus. It's a petty battle to wage, when there are more important things to worry about.

I'm a straight shooter. If I want to call someone racist, I'll just come out and say it.

Again this easily triggered thing is all in your head. You must by now realise that is just a description of yourself. You are very fragile, and people have always had to tread on egg shells around you because of your hair trigger responses. So much so you have to keep reminding us that you are a man despite this.

And again No you are not keeping it real. You have no interest in reality only in defending a position built on sand. You are inventing an argument for me i never made. You pretending the Spanish are not claiming racism over the misuse of the term 'Spanish Flu' is not a rebuttal of the fact that the term is not only unhelpful, but also factually incorrect. It is made even more ridiculous by the fact that you admit you do not even call it Wuhan Virus but because you find it utterly impossible to climb back down or admit a mistake. You are now insisting that my position is now akin to wanting to burn Walrus at the stake for being a racist. The one problem with that is nobody has called him Racist . He is begging for it much like El Kabong begs to be called a fascist and Gandalf pleads for the same thing so that they can invert the world and claim victim status. It is laughable.

You are anything but a straight shooter and that is why you think any post not praising your stance is a 'triggered' rant or some other daft thing.

I assume that the majority here 90 something percent of posters have a balanced and nuanced view of the world where they can tell the difference between an attack on freedom of speech, censorship etc and what frankly amounts to a concerted effort to make a mountain out of a molehill. There are a group of you intent on that. That is just an observation not an attack but you will want to see it as an attack to excuse your reducing me to someone you don't have to engage with.

Save your self-righteous, mentally-diseased babbling for someone who gives a shit.

Fragile? Eggshells? Hair trigger responses? Everyone but yourself is currently shitting their pants laughing at how you've just described your pathetic self.

Fragile is pretending to be friendly in one post (Walrus' grass growing questions), and shitting all over them in another.

Well..... fragile and certifiably schizo. But then we're all aware you suffer from a personality disorder.

You've never seen me extending olive branches to you.

Why? Because you're a sleazy, sneaky, ass-kissing, untrustworthy motherfucker. I've thought as much since Day One, and my opinion of someone usually remains intact once they've made a first impression.

You sprinkle your posts with flowery, meaningless prose... all of which disguises your proven inability to conduct a civil conversation, but with the safety of a keyboard from which to infect the rest of us with your mental illness.

Here's the bottom line here as in any thread or post ever created on Saddo's with your name on it.

Like I said.

Fragile

Eggshells

"..you're a sleazy, sneaky, ass-kissing, untrustworthy motherfucker. I've thought as much since Day One, and my opinion of someone usually remains intact once they've made a first impression.

You sprinkle your posts with flowery, meaningless prose... all of which disguises your proven inability to conduct a civil conversation, but with the safety of a keyboard from which to infect the rest of us with your mental illness."

I would kindly suggest you stop trusting your ability to make an opinion based on your first impression. It is not only deeply flawed but hilariously so as proved again and again by people pulling the wool over your eyes.

Also Kirkland is going to be furious once he sees how adept you have become at making infographics like your very pretty pie chart.

I'm glad you like it, schizo. But pie charts aren't meant to be "pretty"...... they're meant to convey facts in a manner that even brain-damaged, personality-challenged twerps can interpret them.

I see I've fallen short on that mission with you.

Brian damaged?

You non-racist bastard

Leave Brian out of this, schizo.